A few thoughts after sleeping on it…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Hopefully, McVay has been saving a few things for the Bucs that he didn’t want on film vs Bears and Colts.

I’m praying that Morris has, too.

Sloppy tackling in these first 2 games will kill us if continues against the Bucs. This may be Job One for Morris this week.

DeCamillus has got lots of work to do, huh? Other than Gay, our ST have been underwhelming. Scarcely better than Bonamego, tbh.

Stafford will need all his skills vs the Bucs. Not that he can’t do it, but that his A game will be required in this one.

Michel kinda impressed me when he was thrown in there. Lots to be said for a RB that gets 4 yards a pop consistently.

Hendo just can’t stay healthy, can he? Lasted just 7 quarters into the season. Hopefully, it’s nothing major. But is it time for Snead to go to Plan C for this RB room?

Our OL is playing well. Ironic since that was a big offseason concern. If McVay turns them loose I think we could have a helluva running game and they’re already good in pass pro.

Anybody missing Blythe? Me neither.

Bucs will no doubt sell out to contain Kupp so others must pick up the slack. Might get a taste of DJ going deep this week.

More Higbee targets, please. Unleash the Higbeast!

The immobile Brady will not do well if Rams can pressure him as they did Wentz. Like, about 5 sacks, don’t you think?

I applaud Morris for his scoring D but I dislike the bend not break aspect of his D. Takes away too many possessions from Stafford and this potent Ram O. More attacking, please. This Ram D is loaded with players built for aggression so why not take full advantage? Yeah, 2-0 is nice but it would be so much nicer with less drama. I crave Ram blowouts, dammit!

Is Hekker injured? Nothing else would properly explain his performance. And that fubar of a punt attempt was one for the record books. Screwups simultaneously by Orzech, Scott, and Hekker. Not to mention that Hekker did not enthusiastically attempt to fall on that ball in the end zone. That could have been the ballgame right there. Sigh…

Did I mention that Ram tackling has GOT to improve?

Thank goodness this Buc game is at home.

I understand that refs can’t call holding on AD every single play. I get that. But the blatant chokehold ones are not being called either? Really? It’s a travesty.

Kenny Young learned a hard lesson in a very public venue, didn’t he? Doubt he ever forgets it, either.

No disrespect intended to other Ram players, but where would we be without Stafford, AD, Kupp, and Ramsey yesterday? Think about it.

Well, on a positive note, Rams did beat 2 ‘pretty good’ teams in the Bears and Colts. That’s no small thing, certainly. But the Bucs are the defending SB champs and a whole different order of magnitude as a challenge. IOW, this test will tell us a lot about where Rams stand in the NFC pecking order in terms of coaching, players, and gametime adjustments. Can’t wait.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Couple of things, what was Scott doing? The ball hit him then he legs it up the field as if he didn’t realise? What upset Young so much? I thought he flung his hands up and he hit the ref by accident. Was a bit unlucky but a lesson to be more careful.

Oh and does Young get a ban for that or is his punishment the sending off only?

Liberator

Pro Bowler

I can't see him getting suspended.

I think he was upset he was being held (shocker!) and the refs were looking right at it and didn't call it lol. Obviously you have to be smarter then he was, but I get the instinct to be upset when it's an emotional moment of the game.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
I can't see him getting suspended.

I think he was upset he was being held (shocker!) and the refs were looking right at it and didn't call it lol. Obviously you have to be smarter then he was, but I get the instinct to be upset when it's an emotional moment of the game.
The Colts were playing through the whistle all day, both sides of the ball. Saw lots of Rams knocked over piles after the ball was dead. Think that's what got Young a little pissed.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah and the contact was so minimal and it was clearly accidental contact he shouldn’t have never got thrown out tbh

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I wanted to keep the dude we traded to GB and trade Hekker. Dudes been hot trash since mid last season.

Agreed, tackling is bad. Too many arm tackles and players not driving through the offensive player. It's that way all over the NFL though. I'm sure it'll get better as the season goes on, hopefully.

The defense hasn't broke much, but it's sure as hell bending too damn much. That HAS to change.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bucs are gonna kill us in time of possession. Brady loves working underneath and is patient and consistent in ball placement, that's his wheelhouse. This time as opposed to last season he will have an easier time reading what we're doing (less pre-snap deception) and that's gonna make a big difference.

Basically we need our defense to step up to win this game. The Rams won't be able to half-ass their way through with timely turnovers in the redzone vs Tampa, as Brady is among the best in the league at situational ball and making you pay for mistakes.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah and the contact was so minimal and it was clearly accidental contact he shouldn’t have never got thrown out tbh
Accidental or not a player will always get tossed for that.
100% of the time.
If they didn’t endorse that way there would be a bunch of “accidental” shoulder checks happening.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wanted to keep the dude we traded to GB and trade Hekker. Dudes been hot trash since mid last season.
Hekker was good yesterday, what problem did you have with him?? Dropped that last one inside the 10 leaving no chance for a comeback

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets get the right perspective. The Buccaneers better bring their "A" game because the Rams are not scared of them. The Rams beat them in their Super Bowl year and Tommy can shove that Lombardi right up his arse. because this is the Year of the Ram.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Couple of things, what was Scott doing? The ball hit him then he legs it up the field as if he didn’t realise? What upset Young so much? I thought he flung his hands up and he hit the ref by accident. Was a bit unlucky but a lesson to be more careful.

View: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1440012401089421322?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1440012401089421322%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.turfshowtimes.com%2F2021%2F9%2F20%2F22684400%2Fkenny-young-rams-colts-contact-official-suspension-review-news-update

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Young is a flat out idiot. Minimal situational awareness would have been all he needed to remain in the game and not hurt his team.

Nick Scott is a walking calamity!

poLARizing

UDFA
I do understand the concern regarding the Defense and tackling issue, but consider that most, if not all of the starters did not play a single pre-season game. Although they (starters) did "practice" against the chargers and raiders. Is it a stretch to say eventually, they'll get back on "game shape" by 3rd of 4th week??

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
No disrespect intended to other Ram players, but where would we be without Stafford, AD, Kupp, and Ramsey yesterday? Think about it.

Speaking of Kupp ...

9) Cooper Kupp's playing like a true WR1​

Scratch that. He is a true WR1.
We know the Rams have the most dominant defensive player in the NFL. We know Matthew Stafford is a star who makes Los Angeles a legit Super Bowl team. And I loved how the Rams won a game in Indy while dealing with adversity -- this was one they would've lost last season. But Kupp is overflowing with goodness to start this season.
The former third-round pick had nine catches for 163 yards and two huge touchdowns on Sunday. And you thought his 7/108/1 line from Week 1 was nice. He's the first Rams player ever with 100-plus receiving yards and a TD in each of the first two weeks of the season. (Think about the Rams' history at receiver!) Kupp's rapport with Stafford is tasty. L.A. has a great receiver group that also includes the talented Robert Woods, but Kupp is the guy.

MarkyMark

Rams fan for Life!!
Name
Mark
Some of you are aware we're 2-0 right?? I mean every team is gonna have some struggles, But some of you make it sound like we're 0-2 and suck!! I think you guys should take a nap. We'll beat the Bucs Just like last year. Horns Up Ramily!! GO RAMS!!

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Against the Buc must be more aggressive period. That starts with DBs both games giving up way too many yards by playing soft. Neither team we played so far have any near the wrs the BUCS have.

To me the difference from Staley to Morris is predictability. Staley you never knew who was blitzing the d was constantly moving around.

The entire backend needs to play better minus Ramsey. Not sure how we get to Brady without 5 + rushing and strong db play.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Nick fucking Scott had a game that can get you released. He was part of the inexplicable bomb completion on 3rd and 14 also. Maybe he had money on the colts to cover. He sure kept it close......and there is no WAY he didn't realize that ball hit him... And then he takes two steps and falls on his face?? W in the actual F....