A few things that really impressed from the Seahawk game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I haven’t re-watched yet, but here’s a few things that I think were quite impressive about how Rams handled adversity in that game.

They kinda slipped by without great notice because of the excitement at the time, but after reflection are worthy of comment, I think.

In no particular order, here goes...

Robert Woods seamlessly moved over to play Kupp’s position after the injuries to Cooks and Kupp. The important thing here is that it was seamless, which enabled McVay/Goff to keep calling the same plays. Isn’t it impressive that Woods apparently knows all 3 WR positions? I mean, we’ve had WR’s that couldn’t even master ONE position here on this roster recently. No need to name names because there were a handful of them. Cough, cough...

Kudos to Reynolds and Hodge for positively responding when thrown into the fire without notice. Again, their preparedness enabled McVay/Goff to stay with their gameplan playbook. That’s no small thing. Many a WR from most teams would have required some dialing back and consequently would have made the D’s job easier. Speaks very well of both the respective players and their coaches.

Corey Littleton has grown into a beast. Damn, he’s everywhere! Blocking punts, batting passes, pass D, run D, good instincts, sure tackler. What a UDFA find by Snead! Pinch me!

Gotta mention both Goff and Gurley here. When things were going sideways with the injuries, ref calls, freak plays, crowd noise, headset issues, etc, these 2 captains kept their cool and just kept doing their respective things. That’s leadership, y’all. Not a tangible thing that one can see on replay, yet it’s the glue that kept the O focused when they were being mightily stressed. We are sooooo lucky to have both of these guys.

So many other players stepped up as well, but I think the above mentioned players deserve belated but warm recognition now that the adrenaline has dissipated. Great prep for the playoffs ahead, huh?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
@den-the-coach - when you rewatch the game, check out/comment on where the hell were Joyner and Johnson?
Or did Seattle just scheme them out of those TD plays.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
@den-the-coach - when you rewatch the game, check out/comment on where the hell were Joyner and Johnson?
Or did Seattle just scheme them out of those TD plays.
Well, the 1st TD, I think we schemed our safeties out of the play ourselves. They were up by the LBs. Then there was no pressure on a pressure look and nobody deep. They must have thought run.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Corey Littleton has grown into a beast. Damn, he’s everywhere! Blocking punts, batting passes, pass D, run D, good instincts, sure tackler. What a UDFA find by Snead! Pinch me!

He seems to find them every damn year doesn't he!

Gotta mention both Goff and Gurley here. When things were going sideways with the injuries, ref calls, freak plays, crowd noise, headset issues, etc, these 2 captains kept their cool and just kept doing their respective things. That’s leadership, y’all. Not a tangible thing that one can see on replay, yet it’s the glue that kept the O focused when they were being mightily stressed. We are sooooo lucky to have both of these guys.

Good point here, nice observation @Rams43

Well, the 1st TD, I think we schemed our safeties out of the play ourselves. They were up by the LBs. Then there was no pressure on a pressure look and nobody deep. They must have thought run.

Exactly right..........I don't know why they were playing the run so hard, it was 1st and 10. They committed 9 guys to the box.

When they showed the replay I groaned, that was a vet QB/WR move right there. They saw there was no help over the top and took advantage of it. I can't tell if Wilson changed the play or if he had one running play and one passing play available to him. Either way they made the defense pay.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Los Angeles Rams at Seattle Seahawks: Pro Football Focus game notes showcase Rams’ strength in adversity

Here’s how PFF saw the Rams’ big Week 5 road win.
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/...p-review-pro-football-focus-game-notes-week-5

Here are Pro Football Focus’ notes on the Los Angeles Rams’ 33-31 Week 5 win over the Seattle Seahawks.

OFFENSE
- For only the second time in his career, right tackle Rob Havenstein earned an elite run-blocking grade (90.0+) with his 90.7. The last time he did that was week 10 of his rookie season against the Chicago Bears. Overall, he was the Rams’ highest graded player on offense with his 86.4 and allowed only one quarterback pressure on 38 pass-blocking snaps.

- Before leaving the game with a concussion, wide receiver Cooper Kupp turned all six of his receptions into a first down or a touchdown. He finished with the highest receiving grade among seven players to catch a pass despite his drop (75.2). He also added two avoided tackles after the catch to bring his season total up to five, tied for 10th most among wide receivers.

DEFENSE
- In his first start of the season, cornerback Troy Hill made the most of it. He earned an overall grade of 81.7 for his defense against the Seahawks and a coverage grade of 88.2. He was targeted only twice on 17 coverage snaps and allowed one catch for five yards while breaking the other target up. Hill has now played 33 coverage snaps on the season and has only those two targets thrown at him for an overall coverage grade of 84.0.

- Linebacker Cory Littleton made two huge plays on Sunday with one coming as a pass-rusher and the other while in coverage. The first came on a target thrown into his coverage that was right down the seams, which he got his hands on to break up. In total he was targeted three times on 20 coverage snaps and allowed a passer rating of 50.7. The second play came when he got pressure on quarterback Russell Wilson and forced him to throw it away on a third-and-23 that would ultimately be the last time the Seahawks touched the ball. He earned a 74.5 pass-rushing grade for the game, a season-high for Littleton.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler