A few TC Battles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I see Stacy as the 1A and Mason as the 1B with Cunningham spelling Stacy's spot and Pead/D. Rich spelling Mason's.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Pead has more value, Cunningham apparently just lost his job as a returner to Mason, and Pead is a better gunner on kick/punt coverage. It wasn't a sympathy post, Pead is a special teams ace. Also, coaches even said DRich couldn't play special teams. You need to listen to what the team says.
It was Peads spot from the beginning of training camp, but Cunningham outplayed him for that spot easily, Pead would averaged about 10 yards per return, while he also put the ball on the ground. While Cunningham getting his first nfl action ripped off I believe a 40 yard KR and also a couple of 30 yarders. Cunningham never actually got his spot taken like Pead did, Cunningham injuried his ankle like week 8 or 9 and Tavon took over from there...

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
It was Peads spot from the beginning of training camp, but Cunningham outplayed him for that spot easily, Pead would averaged about 10 yards per return, while he also put the ball on the ground. While Cunningham getting his first nfl action ripped off I believe a 40 yard KR and also a couple of 30 yarders. Cunningham never actually got his spot taken like Pead did, Cunningham injuried his ankle like week 8 or 9 and Tavon took over from there...

What are you talking about?

Yes, Cunningham is a better kick returner. But he just lost his kick returning duties to Mason, according to Snead "He is our new returner". Wasn't talking about Tavon. I'm talking about this offseason & Mason.

Pead is better in every other aspect of ST. He therefore has more ST value since Cunningham is not a KR anymore.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Uhh, no. Pead's first week back indicates otherwise. Pead was suspended from an incident that occured the season before; even fisher didn't know why it took so long for the league to act. Week 2 Pead was #2 in Snaps, ahead of Cunningham. (40 for drich,29 for pead, 7 for cunningham.)
Ummm for one I stated Cunningham outplayed Pead in the preseason last year and should have #2 on the depth chart coming into the start of the season, Cunningham had the best YPC average of all the backs during the preseason, he had more yards in preseason than Pead had all preseason. So that's y I said he should have been ahead of him... FACTS

Whether or not you believe Cunningham outplayed Pead isn't indicative of how the coaching staff clearly viewed him - clearly evidenced by Pead leading in snaps week 3 (Pead has 42 offensive snaps, Cunningham 22).

Week 4 he entered the dog house again - and it took awhile to climb out.

If the coaches knew, why wasn't he listed on the injury report? The League requires injured players to be listed. Richardson's last start was at home against the seahawks, and never saw the field again...Richardson came off the injury report for week 12 and was subsequently inactive for the following weeks.
If the coaches knew that it would take a long time he would have gone to IR. Doesn't make sense.

Not to mention part of the biggest reason why Drich was benched was for his lack of vision - which has nothing to do with your toe. I understand it'll affect your burst - but i don't see it mattering when you keep running into the back of your own lineman. Not to mention I don't think I ever saw Drich break a tackle.
The reason he was inactive is because he was the least health of all the backs, maybe other than Stacey but it was a must that Stacey be on the field because was our best most productive back. So there was know point of making him active when he would have been the #3 or #4 RB.

Actually no it wasn't "designed for Pead" - it's a play that's in schotty's playbook and has been run before w/o Pead. And again, you're missing the significance of the play - it's a must have. You don't put in a player you don't trust in that type of position.
The play was not a must have, Cunninghams touchdown gave us a 2 possession lead with 4 minutes to go, it was nice to get the 2 point conversion but it was not a must have. And once again it had nothing to do with trusting Pead, but more so a last option with Stacey being hurt and Cunningham completely taking us down the field and being to tired to go in for the 2 point play.

It's actually a common play - Chip kellys used it as well, except with D.Jax running presnap like Tavon Austin with Mccoy in the same role as pead was

Actually Pead has been heralded as the ST's ace and was part of our great kick coverage. And it had nothing to do with how much he was paid or drafted - again, that doesn't make sense. So Fisher is suddenly going to start him at ST later, after benching him because he needed to get his act together?
A special teams Ace, know not really any gunner can easily be replaced, our best ST players were Sted Bailey, Ray Armstrong, Darren Bates, and Chase Reynolds...

Cunningham is a better pure runner than Pead showed - but Pead also showed he had the hands, pass pro, and the value on ST. Drich has shown he has terrible hands and vision. Cunningham hasn't shown the same 3rd down capabilities.
Cunningham had a couple of nice catches against the 9ers in the home game, and also a nice screen play against the Colts. Stacey also had a couple of games with some nice receptions, maybe there pass catching abilities aren't valued as much because of there size, but they can make some catches.
Maybe if you finally realize Pead was a 2nd round bust, and shut up about his little ST play, his good blocking abilities, etc. He wasn't drafted that high to be a ST player or to be only the best in pass pro, he was drafted that high to be a key contributed in the run game, and a home run hitter with break away runs...

iced

maybe there pass catching abilities aren't valued as much because of there size, but they can make some catches.

it's cause their hands aren't as good - i've seen both of them drop their fair share of passes.
Maybe if you finally realize Pead was a 2nd round bust, and shut up about his little ST play, his good blocking abilities, etc. He wasn't drafted that high to be a ST player or to be only the best in pass pro, he was drafted that high to be a key contributed in the run game, and a home run hitter with break away runs...
lmao i wouldn't call any player, especially this early, a 2nd round bust. And why would i shut up about his ST Play and blocking abilities? Do you not put a value on Kick coverage units and protecting our quarterback? or maybe you'd prefer drich back there, tipping passes for pick 6's and getting Sammy killed.

Starting to think this is some personal vendetta against pead - he's clearly the best third down back on this team. If he's the best at pass blocking, an ace on ST, and has the best hands of the group, why would you get rid of him?

again, makes no sense. You keep guys that offer that kind of versatility. You wanna start calling players busts, you can easily start pointing fingers at players like Quick, who offer no ST value. Which again, I don't condone calling players busts before even their 3rd year, but to each his own. Least Pead has a competent starter in front of him; Quick pretty much as an open opportunity

iced

This is so far from the truth. If cunningham out played him, instead of showing his fumble woes (untouched mind you), he would have been starting more..but no, it was Pead who had significantly more snaps than cunningham.

Pead's spot lossage was personal related - not production/talent

Ram4life11

Rookie
it's cause their hands aren't as good - i've seen both of them drop their fair share of passes.

lmao i wouldn't call any player, especially this early, a 2nd round bust. And why would i shut up about his ST Play and blocking abilities? Do you not put a value on Kick coverage units and protecting our quarterback? or maybe you'd prefer drich back there, tipping passes for pick 6's and getting Sammy killed.

Starting to think this is some personal vendetta against pead - he's clearly the best third down back on this team. If he's the best at pass blocking, an ace on ST, and has the best hands of the group, why would you get rid of him?

again, makes no sense. You keep guys that offer that kind of versatility. You wanna start calling players busts, you can easily start pointing fingers at players like Quick, who offer no ST value. Which again, I don't condone calling players busts before even their 3rd year, but to each his own. Least Pead has a competent starter in front of him; Quick pretty much as an open opportunity
You normally let the back go with the least production. And unfortunately it's Pead, Drich 1st season he had about 500 plus yards that's more than what Pead has over the last 2 years combined. Stacey almost had 1000 yards this year. Cunningham had about 300 yards, the longest run of all the backs and the best YPC of the Rbs.
There's no personal problem I have with him, it's just annoying how he gets beat out his first year for the #2 spot by Drich, second year he's beat out for the starting spot by Drich again. Lol open your eyes Drich is a better RB than Pead.
Please quit calling him the best 3rd down back when the guy only had like 4 or 5 3rd reps. To much credit.

iced

You normally let the back go with the least production. And unfortunately it's Pead, Drich 1st season he had about 500 plus yards that's more than what Pead has over the last 2 years combined. Stacey almost had 1000 yards this year. Cunningham had about 300 yards, the longest run of all the backs and the best YPC of the Rbs.
There's no personal problem I have with him, it's just annoying how he gets beat out his first year for the #2 spot by Drich, second year he's beat out for the starting spot by Drich again. Lol open your eyes Drich is a better RB than Pead.
Please quit calling him the best 3rd down back when the guy only had like 4 or 5 3rd reps. To much credit.

4 or 5 3rd reps? Okay either you're just making stuff up or just flat out ill informed. He's had a lot more than just "4 or 5 reps". In the Dallas game we were playing from behind for most of it, hence why he got most of the rb snaps.

I don't blame him for his first season - he was a late graduate since he went to Cincinatti and got to camp late...think about how that affects a rookie...can't be there for coaching, the class room, study time, explaination of the playbook, terminology and learning the offense,etc. He had a steep learning curve his rookie season.

Cunningham was also fumble prone and was not as a 3rd down back. He was a better pure runner than Pead, but as far as protecting the QB and coming out of the back field - Pead was superior. Thats why even toward the end of the season, when Pead wasn't getting in his own way he was the starting back.

And it's too much credit - it's just the lack of it to the other backs.

and saying Drich is better is laughable. The guy has the worst vision and I don't think I ever saw him break a tackle last year. Pead was atleast able to do that; maybe seeing him breaking away from DT Hatcher in the cowboy game and thinking to myself "Wow its nice to see a running back actually break a tackle."

You can make up stuff or minimize things all you want - but it's not going to change the facts or the snap counts that reinforce what I'm saying. however, I've yet to see you offer anything to back up your opinion. Only Thing I have seen are contradictions

Ram4life11

Rookie
This is so far from the truth. If cunningham out played him, instead of showing his fumble woes (untouched mind you), he would have been starting more..but no, it was Pead who had significantly more snaps than cunningham.

Pead's spot lossage was personal related - not production/talent
Fumble woes? If I recall Pead also had 2 fumbles in the preseason, the same amount Cunningham had on the season. If Pead had more snaps than Cunningham it didn't turn out on the production sheet, where Cunningham had more carries, more yards, and a better YPC average.. Oh did I mention Cunningham will come into came ahead of Pead..

iced

Fumble woes? If I recall Pead also had 2 fumbles in the preseason, the same amount Cunningham had on the season. If Pead had more snaps than Cunningham it didn't turn out on the production sheet, where Cunningham had more carries, more yards, and a better YPC average.. Oh did I mention Cunningham will come into came ahead of Pead..

-sigh- again, do some research. Picking up blitzes and protecting your qb on 3rd down isn't likely to show up in the "production sheet". Use your eyes

CoachO

Hall of Fame

I have to agree 1000% with "iced" on this one. You seem to be swayed by the raw stats of CARRIES and YARDS, but ignore things like snap counts. Pead is the BEST 3rd down RB on the roster. Was last year and will be this year. You can minimize all you want his pass blocking ability, but go back and look at the numbers. He was on the field more than Cunningham in terms of actual snaps, BECAUSE he was the best at blitz pickup RB on the team.

I recall the SF game at home, when Richardson was absolutely blown up by N. Bowman blitzing EVERY time Richardson was in the backfield in passing situations. Coincidently, Stacy was the starter the following week. Richardson has zero ST value, and its not because they haven't given him the chance. Its because he can't do it.

If the choice comes down to Richardson or Pead, sorry to break the news to you, but "D-Rich" will be looking for a new team.

Ram4life11

Rookie
4 or 5 3rd reps? Okay either you're just making stuff up or just flat out ill informed. He's had a lot more than just "4 or 5 reps". In the Dallas game we were playing from behind for most of it, hence why he got most of the rb snaps.

I don't blame him for his first season - he was a late graduate since he went to Cincinatti and got to camp late...think about how that affects a rookie...can't be there for coaching, the class room, study time, explaination of the playbook, terminology and learning the offense,etc. He had a steep learning curve his rookie season.

Cunningham was also fumble prone and was not as a 3rd down back. He was a better pure runner than Pead, but as far as protecting the QB and coming out of the back field - Pead was superior. Thats why even toward the end of the season, when Pead wasn't getting in his own way he was the starting back.

And it's too much credit - it's just the lack of it to the other backs.

and saying Drich is better is laughable. The guy has the worst vision and I don't think I ever saw him break a tackle last year. Pead was atleast able to do that; maybe seeing him breaking away from DT Hatcher in the cowboy game and thinking to myself "Wow its nice to see a running back actually break a tackle."

You can make up stuff or minimize things all you want - but it's not going to change the facts or the snap counts that reinforce what I'm saying. however, I've yet to see you offer anything to back up your opinion. Only Thing I have seen are contradictions
I only have 1 question, out of Pead, Cunningham, Stacey, and Drich... Name the back with the least amount of yards over the past two seasons...

iced

I have to agree 1000% with "iced" on this one. You seem to be swayed by the raw stats of CARRIES and YARDS, but ignore things like snap counts. Pead is the BEST 3rd down RB on the roster. Was last year and will be this year. You can minimize all you want his pass blocking ability, but go back and look at the numbers. He was on the field more than Cunningham in terms of actual snaps, BECAUSE he was the best at blitz pickup RB on the team.

I recall the SF game at home, when Richardson was absolutely blown up by N. Bowman blitzing EVERY time Richardson was in the backfield in passing situations. Coincidently, Stacy was the starter the following week. Richards has zero ST value, and its not because they haven't given him the chance. Its because he can't do it.

If the choice comes down to Richardson or Pead, sorry to break the news to you, but "D-Rich" will be looking for a new team.

Appreciate it. And FWIW Ram4life11, I'd take Coach's post with more credit than mine. He goes to the training camps every year and see's way more live action than most of us.

I expect you to be there again this year Coach?

iced

I only have 1 question, out of Pead, Cunningham, Stacey, and Drich... Name the back with the least amount of yards over the past two seasons...

I don't care - I can tell you if Stacy is my starter, Cunningham is my backup pure runner,than that last spot is going to go to the guy that offers the most value while filling a much needed spot (3rd down back). Since Pead has ST Value, I easily take him over Drich. And since Drich would be a horrible 3rd down back, he wouldn't be in the running for it, especially with no ST value.

PhxRam

Just because Pead was on the field for blitz pickups doesnt mean he was any good at it. He was just the best of the bunch.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Appreciate it. And FWIW Ram4life11, I'd take Coach's post with more credit than mine. He goes to the training camps every year and see's way more live action than most of us.

I expect you to be there again this year Coach?

Absolutely. and thank you!

the thing than people don't see, even knowing the suspension was looming, BOTH Richardson and Pead split EVERY rep throughout the entire training camp last year. For every fan on these message boards that want to claim they have lost all faith in Pead, the actions of the coaching staff says something different.

Pead's biggest issues, IMO, have been his sulking and lack of focus after the suspension. Once he "got back to work" he was rewarded by being dressed, and quite involved on Sundays.

iced

Just because Pead was on the field for blitz pickups doesnt mean he was any good at it. He was just the best of the bunch.

Actually, he was quite good at it. I was impressed - i remember him lifting and planting a linebacker on his back.

In the pre-season i was really curious to see how the 3rd down back would shake out, so I often watched and rewatched all the backs. By week 1 vs Cards, my opinion was as far as pass pro went:
1)Pead
2) Stacy (but not far behind Pead)
3)Cunningham (gap between him and stacy)
4)Drich (big gap, easily the worst....as coach o pointed out in the 4th game against the niners, barrowman routinely abused him and was part of the putrid offensive performance).

fearsomefour

Legend
Backup RB, backup O line spots, all S spots, 3rd and 4th CB, some LB depth.
I think Wells is the starter at C.
Interesting group at RB. I think Pead could hold onto a spot.

PhxRam

Acting like a professional is a small, but important, part in making a NFL roster.

If Pead hasnt learned that by now and thinks his draft slot and athletic ability will get him by, he might be surprised when he is greeted with a pink slip.

iced

Acting like a professional is a small, but important, part in making a NFL roster.

If Pead hasnt learned that by now and thinks his draft slot and athletic ability will get him by, he might be surprised when he is greeted with a pink slip.

I'd argue he did learn - otherwise he would have remained on the bench and never given an opportunity, even on ST...they could have stuck with Chase Reynolds over him, and imo based off their actions, would have had he not pulled his head out of his ass.

I remember some of the stupid stuff he was getting in trouble for - being late, sleeping in, one week he missed the team flight and took the next one.

I trust Fisher to straighten out the young ones - and I understand the behavior, the kids young. he was 23 last season. Lol I remember my junior troops that were 24 and below - the younger they were, the more they had to learn about being a professional. Some were good, and reaped the benefits, other guys had "extra assignments" and little quirks til they got it through their thick heads.