A few semi-“must win” games this weekend, don’t you think?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
As in some teams can’t afford to get deeper into the hole?

Other teams need to get a firm grip on their division?

[www.nfl.com]

Packers vs Lions. Packers need to stay within striking distance with the Bears in their division.

Broncos vs Jets. Broncos can’t afford to fall further behind the Chiefs. Period.

Falcons vs Steelers. Neither team can afford a loss.

Vikings vs Eagles. Another game where each team can ill afford another loss.

Rams vs Seahawks. Seahawks are practically toast if they lose. Not mathematically, but in reality.

Redskins vs Saints looks like a barn burner. Lots at stake for both teams.

Speaking of barn burners, how about Jags vs Chiefs for drama? No, not a “must win” for either, but damn!

Definitely gonna be a fun weekend for the fans, overall. But some fans of certain teams that lose will have their hearts broken, for sure.

Ram65

Legend
Thanks 43 that some important matchups. I hadn't looked at the schedule. I've been focused the Vikings vs the Eagles. Both coming off loses and finding themselves looking up at playoff teams. The Eagles at least have abad division so they can still get in even with a lose to the Vikings. It's interesting to so how good/bad the Vikings are.

Jags vs Chiefs is another interesting matchup. Defense vs offense.

A Packers lose would be nice as a Rams victory would be great. Good football weekend.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait, Cardinals at 49ers doesn't count? That game has huge implications in the battle for the basement

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wait, Cardinals at 49ers doesn't count? That game has huge implications in the battle for the basement

If the Cardinals want to secure the basement all they have to do is bring Bradford back from the bench.

:sneak:

fearsomefour

Legend
The over on the Falcons Steelers game cannot be high enough.
Would love if the Cards can beat the Whiners.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not saying the Rams will fall off a cliff, But if they take care of business at CLink, they'll be 5-0 with 11 more games to go. This all but assures a 10-11 win season as the basement of what this team will do....

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
R
Not saying the Rams will fall off a cliff, But if they take care of business at CLink, they'll be 5-0 with 11 more games to go. This all but assures a 10-11 win season as the basement of what this team will do....
Rams also have chance to take a 3 game lead in their division, and either a 3 or 2 1/2 game plus tiebreaker lead over Philly or Minnesota for home field advantage in the playoffs. These are big deals. Although there will be other teams still chasing them in the playoff standings, a few more victories in this run should put the Rams in a commanding position overall.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Right now it's hard to see only 10-11 wins my friend. It's only the quarter-pole but right now this team looks like a 12-13 win team. Maybe dare I say 14-2.

Typically even the best team in the NFL loses 2-3 games and when I look at the remaining schedule the only potential losses I see are against the Saints if it's a shoot out, and the Chiefs is they improve the defense and have a big day from the offense.

Other than those two I'd add the Eagles if/when they right the ship.

Nobody else on the schedule looks to be a threat right now.

Stay tuned of course.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right now it's hard to see only 10-11 wins my friend. It's only the quarter-pole but right now this team looks like a 12-13 win team. Maybe dare I say 14-2.

Typically even the best team in the NFL loses 2-3 games and when I look at the remaining schedule the only potential losses I see are against the Saints if it's a shoot out, and the Chiefs is they improve the defense and have a big day from the offense.

Stay tuned of course.
Yep...I said as much that 10-11 wins as being the basement of what this team will do. I called my shot in Preseason: 14-2

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

In addition to the potential 3 game lead on our division foes, we'd already have 2 div wins under our belt with really, the only threat would be the QB-less 9ers.

That brings me to this...

Stay tuned of course.

3 straight road games is tough for any team, but can be done. My concern really isn't the seahawks because of what's at stake. I'm looking at a trip to mile high stadium vs a good defense (hopefully the weather doesn't take a turn) and then it's off to Santa Clara to take on the 9ers on what is going to be a very emotional game. They will be honoring Dwight Clark. Good thing jimmy g is out.

A win vs the 9ers pretty much sows up the division unless a complete collapse occurs.

That bronco game is a trap game just laying in wait. The Rams handled a similar game at jax last season, so...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Except they call it sometimes and don't call it sometimes. Except they call that when there wasn't any contact as well. They're inconsistent at enforcing horrible rules. What you quoted me posting had no helmet to helmet contact slow it down however much you want. It was clean. And yet stuff that was obvious roughing by the rules you're standing up for like Luck last night wasn't called. It's a farce no discussion is required about that fact.

I didn't see the hit on Luck so I can't say anything there.

I agree the refs are inconsistent, and I rip them as often or more so that I say they were right.

One thing I know is that it only takes a blink or a glance cast in another direction to miss something.

I don't know what you mean about slowing it down, I never said anything about that, I said they missed the call because of what I think is a bad angle. I've been saying they need two refs back there for years.

Yep...I said as much that 10-11 wins as being the basement of what this team will do. I called my shot in Preseason: 14-2

I'm agreeing with you, sort of saying the Rams would have to shit the bed to win only 10-11 games.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That bronco game is a trap game just laying in wait. The Rams handled a similar game at jax last season, so...

The Broncos game COULD be a trap but something tells me we are going to find out why they are a .500 team on that particular Sunday.

Ram65

Legend
In addition to the potential 3 game lead on our division foes, we'd already have 2 div wins under our belt with really, the only threat would be the QB-less 9ers.

That brings me to this...

3 straight road games is tough for any team, but can be done. My concern really isn't the seahawks because of what's at stake. I'm looking at a trip to mile high stadium vs a good defense (hopefully the weather doesn't take a turn) and then it's off to Santa Clara to take on the 9ers on what is going to be a very emotional game. They will be honoring Dwight Clark. Good thing jimmy g is out.

A win vs the 9ers pretty much sows up the division unless a complete collapse occurs.

Denver will be a big Wade Bowl game. The defense will come to play. So should the offense. I think playing hard for Wade negates the trap game scenario or at least I hope so.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
rooting for Bears, Saints, Panthers, Packers all to lose, gives the Rams more of an edge for homefield advantage.