A few reflections after the Chiefs game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
A stream of consciousness thing here, so in no particular order.

Keenum will be our opening day QB. As Chuck Knox would have said, he's had a "real fine" camp and preseason. I, for one, am perfectly okay with it since Keenum gives us the best chance to win vs the Niners.

Goff is growing right before our eyes. It's just a matter of time, huh? He had a confidence building second half and it will pay dividends in shortening his development time. He is our future.

Gotta hand it to Fisher. He made two decisions that impressed me a great deal. He gave Goff significant snaps with the ones (if you count Quick as a one), and he left Goff in there the entire second half. Ballsy, but it sure paid off. I tip my hat to Fisher for both of these positive long term decisions.

Are we loaded at RB, or what? Love that corps at least 3 deep! And Green is no slouch. Was Green held out due to injury, btw? Maybe he'll get some snaps next game, 'cause we certainly know what we've got with Gurley and Cunningham. Lol. Green could make this team as both a 4th RB and as a ST player. Especially with Marquez injured.

Here's the elephant in the room. The WR corps. Specifically Brian Quick. WTF? I'm trying my best to be open minded, but let's just say that his "good practice plays" haven't exactly translated to the field in the 2 preseason games. Quite the contrary. He is NOT among our probable best 6 at WR and I don't think he ever will be. This was a make or break game for him and Fisher gave him tons of snaps (robbing other WR candidates in the process) and Quick failed. I doubt that Quick now makes the team, frankly.

Nice to see Cooper make one of his patented plays and score. Love to see more of them in the fall.

Are the Rams throwing enough passes to get a read on their WR corps? I mean, does anyone feel that they've seen enough opportunities for Williams, Thomas, McRoberts, North, etc? I sure don't. Hopefully, that will change in these last 2 games. Problem is, the cuts start right after the next game. I would hate to see critical WR cuts made 95% based on practices.

Hope Barnes stays healthy all year, because Kush is worrying me as a backup C. WTH? Just when I thought we were kinda set at backup C. Like Faulk said on the broadcast, it's up to Kush to adapt to Goff if he wants to make this team. Definitely not the other way around.

Our OL is coming along nicely. All three of our RB's looked very, very good against the Chief D. Especially knowing those were the Chief ones in the first half. I suspect that this OL will continue to improve, especially when Hav gets back. I foresee them imposing their will on a number of D's this year, TBH. Yeah, you could say that I'm bullish on this OL based upon the 2 preseason games.

Higbee was missed as a receiving weapon. Hopefully, he can get back soon to develop chemistry with Keenum and Goff.

So many candidates on our front four beyond the obvious starters, huh? Some tough depth decisions coming up there. Don't envy the coaches having to make some very difficult cuts. How does one cut Longacre, for example?

Let me just say that I'm not brimming with confidence regarding our LB corps. I know, Barron was out and GW isn't really scheming, but still... Or is it just me? They got the starters out quickly to take a long look at the youngsters, I get that. But where were the flashes? Should I be worried?

Is Sensabaugh maybe our 8th best CB? I'm semi serious here. Hill, Jordan, and Washington just keep making plays in these preseason games. Gaines looked good when he got in. Heck, he had 3 tackles before I could almost blink my eyes. TruJo, Gaines, and Joyner are the probable starters, and Roberson ain't going anywhere. That leaves some excruciating cuts for that 5th spot. If it were up to me, I would roll with one of the youngsters and release Sensabaugh. Maybe another youngster makes it to the PS?

Cody Davis started at S and Mo was held out. Was Mo injured, or was GW determined to focus on depth decisions. Bryant was noticed on my TV screen making a few plays, but I can't say that I noticed much from Davis. Then again, I've only watched the game once.

If I had to pick just one aspect as my most pleasing in this game? It would be a tough call, but the development of our OL would probably be it. They are coming along, fellas. Big Time.

So, what did I miss?

Comments vey welcome...

lockdnram21

Legend
On wr like u said not enough passes... But hey that's a Jeff fisher offense

I'm not really impressed with any cb

O line is playing well

Goff is no where near ready

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Quick is stealing reps from the youngsters and not taking advantage, I would think about sitting him against Denver and let Duke take his reps. Duke was impressive when I was at TC, I would like to see him get some reps on pass plays.

fearsomefour

Legend
Brown was much improved in the run game, consistently beaten in the pass game. Anytime the D lineman across him was able to extend his hands and get off of Browns body Brown was toast.
Better play at G, but still concerns vs pass rushers.
Opening week one vs a Kelly offense the Rams need two things. Possession on offense and solid tackling on D. It's not the 4 yard pass that hurts you, it's the 12 yard run after a broken tackle.
Kush is fine I think. He looked ok today. A fumbled snap? That is almost always in the QB unless the C messed up the snap count.
I understand Goff is the golden boy, but, that bad exchange is on him.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Jamo Brown keeps not impressing...but they they ran well as a unit.
I thought the snap was bad, too low, I thought Goff saved it....guess I am wrong.

Quick is stealing snaps. I have waited 5 years, but that high pass that bounced off his hands just shows he doesn't have the mental acuity, or focus, or whatever to succeed.

The Rams have the 32nd best WR corps---heck, even in 1976 I don't think you get in the playoffs with the worst corps. (really: rams, vikings, dallas always had quality WRs--even though Ram didn't throw much).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's still early but here's what I'm seeing at this preseason halfway point:

Positives

1. OL. Right off the top GRob is improved. Interior looks good and depth is there; Brown will be depth once Hstein returns, they have Donnal moving around and learning to be a swing guy, Reynolds etc. Enviable depth across the board and plenty of swing options for stacking a strong 7 on the gameday roster. Looks like we will have a true power running OL for the first time since Fish took over, and the pass blocking should be solid. This is an enormously positive development for our chances to have a good season.

Depth chart there will be a solid OL or two put on the streets by this team. How bout them apples?

2. Passing game weapons. We as fans are sweating the WR group but a strong passing game is more than just the WRs. A top WR makes things easy for the QB, but so does good TE play and at this point Kendricks looks much more settled and smooth in what he's doing, and Higbee is breathing down his neck on that depth chart and looking like the kind of pass catching TE teams need to focus. Hemingway also looks like a future piece potentially in the passing game, although he's still on the bubble. Starting wideouts will probably be Britt and Tavon, and while both still seem to have iffy hands they are good enough with better TE play to give us improved offense. There's enough weapons overall is what I'm seeing.

My guess on TE depth chart is Kendricks>Higbee>Harkey, they only keep 3 and Hway goes to the PS. WR thinking 6 are kept and at this point the locks are Britt>Austin>Cooper>Spruce so 2 spots up for grabs and Quick is not in the running.

3. Offensive coordination. Chuckie let a lot of inside information out in that game vs Dallas on the telecast for those who were listening. Most notably he talked about Groh and the conversation they had about the talent level in the passing game, and how Groh felt like he had enough pieces. Either way from what I've seen so far I really like the balance in strong run game that Boras has brought, and I think Groh is going to complement him very well. Coordinators don't catch and block, but they do put players in good or bad situations to maximize what they can do, and they do teach just like the rest of the offensive staff. IMO there has been an upgrade in that mix and we are already seeing some improvement in 11 players playing as one unit. So right now at least I am looking at this as a positive.

Concerns

1. Gaines. Not gonna beat a dead horse here but we are 3 deep at CB, which is respectable, with Gaines opposite Tru and Joyner in the slot. If Gaines can go we're fine, but depth is the problem because Sensabaugh is still a raw project. Hill is who I expect to end up as the fourth CB, and I know I'm not alone there. This unit, though, is a concern from health perspective.

2. Quinn. Again the concern is health. Haven't really seen him outside of some practice snaps, so he is an unknown for us. If he returns to who he was a couple seasons ago this DL will be terrifying. If not, everyone's gonna double Donald so it will be necessary for Williams to move him around, and I think they'll be much more manageable for opposing OL units.

3. Ogletree. Looks to me like he's still learning. Lots of discussion pre-snap, more than you want to see, first off. Doesn't look like he's playing fast and reacting, little indecisiveness here and there and it's going to hold him back until he settles in. And then of course I worry about him holding up in the middle.

4. Havenstein. Like with Quinn he's a relative unknown at this point. I am confident he'll play well if he's healthy, but since Fish doesn't tell anyone anything who knows. With him in this lineup at RT the Rams' OL looks brutal, I mean moving Roger inside, with probably Barnes and Wichmann, and GRob at LT you have a serious power group. They'll probably be ok without him which is why I list him this low in concerns, but he's a big piece of the puzzle for a winning season.

Negatives

1. Quick. Why in the F is this guy still on the roster? He's terrible and as mentioned above he's stealing reps from guys who might have a future in this league. Get over yourselves Les/Fish, you busted on the pick ffs.

2. CBs and defensive approach. I get playing vanilla scheme. But Williams needs to have these corners roll up tight and start getting their game reps. The soft secondary is hurting the offense by allowing every team and QB we face to look good and is stealing reps from the offense when the other team burns big chunks of time every possession. Get these guys together Greg, so we can get Goff and some of these bubble WRs more effin looks.

TexasRam

Legend
What I saw:

Oline run game was great. But consider the following defensive all pro starters were not playjng:

Justin Houston
Tambi Hali
Eric Berry

Barnes, Brown Wichmann Grob Saffold all were getting excellent push back.

They all struggled in pass protection but Keenum got the ball out real quick and under pressure.

Sensabaugh and Joyner will
Kill our pass defense. Both have serious issues in coverage and can't play on this level. Sorry.

Lynch was horrible.

The following backup players played great last night: M Brown, Easley, Littleton, Troy Hill, Seau, Longacre, Jordan.

Quick needs to be cut, way too much time in the league to be running subpar routed and dropping passes.

EJ Gaines was excellent. Covering two guys in the redzone on one play and
Showing excellent technique and instincts!

Higbee was missed big time. Goff will
Need him and another Reliable Wr to step up, maybe Spruce.

Goff was real good. One trip up and another he should of thrown away. Other than that he saw the field well, got the ball out quick and threw accurate touch passes.

Keenum should start until Goff is ready. Keenum is real comfortable right now and that is fine.

Cooper showcased some excellent playmaking ability and promise.

Gurley Benny and Brown just owned out there.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
It's still early but here's what I'm seeing at this preseason halfway point:

Positives

1. OL. Right off the top GRob is improved. Interior looks good and depth is there; Brown will be depth once Hstein returns, they have Donnal moving around and learning to be a swing guy, Reynolds etc. Enviable depth across the board and plenty of swing options for stacking a strong 7 on the gameday roster. Looks like we will have a true power running OL for the first time since Fish took over, and the pass blocking should be solid. This is an enormously positive development for our chances to have a good season.

Depth chart there will be a solid OL or two put on the streets by this team. How bout them apples?

2. Passing game weapons. We as fans are sweating the WR group but a strong passing game is more than just the WRs. A top WR makes things easy for the QB, but so does good TE play and at this point Kendricks looks much more settled and smooth in what he's doing, and Higbee is breathing down his neck on that depth chart and looking like the kind of pass catching TE teams need to focus. Hemingway also looks like a future piece potentially in the passing game, although he's still on the bubble. Starting wideouts will probably be Britt and Tavon, and while both still seem to have iffy hands they are good enough with better TE play to give us improved offense. There's enough weapons overall is what I'm seeing.

My guess on TE depth chart is Kendricks>Higbee>Harkey, they only keep 3 and Hway goes to the PS. WR thinking 6 are kept and at this point the locks are Britt>Austin>Cooper>Spruce so 2 spots up for grabs and Quick is not in the running.

3. Offensive coordination. Chuckie let a lot of inside information out in that game vs Dallas on the telecast for those who were listening. Most notably he talked about Groh and the conversation they had about the talent level in the passing game, and how Groh felt like he had enough pieces. Either way from what I've seen so far I really like the balance in strong run game that Boras has brought, and I think Groh is going to complement him very well. Coordinators don't catch and block, but they do put players in good or bad situations to maximize what they can do, and they do teach just like the rest of the offensive staff. IMO there has been an upgrade in that mix and we are already seeing some improvement in 11 players playing as one unit. So right now at least I am looking at this as a positive.

Concerns

1. Gaines. Not gonna beat a dead horse here but we are 3 deep at CB, which is respectable, with Gaines opposite Tru and Joyner in the slot. If Gaines can go we're fine, but depth is the problem because Sensabaugh is still a raw project. Hill is who I expect to end up as the fourth CB, and I know I'm not alone there. This unit, though, is a concern from health perspective.

2. Quinn. Again the concern is health. Haven't really seen him outside of some practice snaps, so he is an unknown for us. If he returns to who he was a couple seasons ago this DL will be terrifying. If not, everyone's gonna double Donald so it will be necessary for Williams to move him around, and I think they'll be much more manageable for opposing OL units.

3. Ogletree. Looks to me like he's still learning. Lots of discussion pre-snap, more than you want to see, first off. Doesn't look like he's playing fast and reacting, little indecisiveness here and there and it's going to hold him back until he settles in. And then of course I worry about him holding up in the middle.

4. Havenstein. Like with Quinn he's a relative unknown at this point. I am confident he'll play well if he's healthy, but since Fish doesn't tell anyone anything who knows. With him in this lineup at RT the Rams' OL looks brutal, I mean moving Roger inside, with probably Barnes and Wichmann, and GRob at LT you have a serious power group. They'll probably be ok without him which is why I list him this low in concerns, but he's a big piece of the puzzle for a winning season.

Negatives

1. Quick. Why in the F is this guy still on the roster? He's terrible and as mentioned above he's stealing reps from guys who might have a future in this league. Get over yourselves Les/Fish, you busted on the pick ffs.

2. CBs and defensive approach. I get playing vanilla scheme. But Williams needs to have these corners roll up tight and start getting their game reps. The soft secondary is hurting the offense by allowing every team and QB we face to look good and is stealing reps from the offense when the other team burns big chunks of time every possession. Get these guys together Greg, so we can get Goff and some of these bubble WRs more effin looks.
Good post I agree with most of your points except Quinn. He didn't play against KC because of the Brazil trip but he has been practicing and not a limited amount of snaps but practicing with no restrictions. I have no problem with the team protecting him till the season begins. I also think we will keep at least 4 TEs because our offense uses 2 TEs a majority of the time and Harkey is playing FB at the same time. Starting to think it will only be 5 WRs but it could be 6 if someone else steps up.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'll say this...even though the Rams are 2-0 in preseason they have MUCH work to do!

Keenum starts day 1...Goff has a learning curve and is not even close to ready. He has a good as arm and throws a nice ball but he hasn't picked up enough to start. Not sure why Mannion got no minutes but I wanted to see him in there also.

Quick is getting open but if he doesn't focus on catching the ball, he could very well be on the outside looking in.

The bright spot is the OLine for me...those guys are getting it done

I'm just not impressed with the LB corps right now and Williams needs to find the answer.

The secondary is gelling nicely

What is Fisher going to do to reduce the dumb penalties? He best do something because the offense will not score mant points...therefore, the defense cannot be give the opposing offense free downs and yards.

I'll be watching the regular season with much skepticism!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
What is Fisher going to do to reduce the dumb penalties? He best do something because the offense will not score mant points...therefore, the defense cannot be give the opposing offense free downs and yards.
Exactly! And this was after they supposedly emphasized penalties in practice this week. Fisher said that he was having the players run extra laps when they make a penalty. They are going to be ran to death this week!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Are the Rams throwing enough passes to get a read on their WR corps? I mean, does anyone feel that they've seen enough opportunities for Williams, Thomas, McRoberts, North, etc? I sure don't. Hopefully, that will change in these last 2 games. Problem is, the cuts start right after the next game. I would hate to see critical WR cuts made 95% based on practices.
I too want to see a lot of North and Duke Williams!!
Cody Davis started at S and Mo was held out. Was Mo injured, or was GW determined to focus on depth decisions. Bryant was noticed on my TV screen making a few plays, but I can't say that I noticed much from Davis. Then again, I've only watched the game once.
I noticed Davis and Bryant have a few decent plays, And I'm pretty sure I saw Mo Robertson in their at the beginning of the game!
If it were up to me, I would roll with one of the youngsters and release Sensabaugh.
Ditto!!
Nice read Rams43!

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Yup, I'm done with the Brian Quick experiment. Give Spruce (when healthy), Hill, Williams and the other guys more reps. Quick is just another failed second round pick, like Pead. Shame we took him with Jeffrey still on the board.

I think Goff will be fine. It's just a matter of reps. Arm strength aside, I wouldn't mind Keenum starting week 1.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Exactly! And this was after they supposedly emphasized penalties in practice this week. Fisher said that he was having the players run extra laps when they make a penalty. They are going to be ran to death this week!
At this point, no matter what Fisher says about penalties, they are going to make them, and make a lot of them. Its year 5 and its the same ol song and dance.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Also, we need to find a way to keep five RB's on this roster: Gurley and Bam Bam, as well as Brown, Green and Reynolds.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Are we bona fide Ram fans or not ? This site is jamming & right on target here ....great posts guys.....

OL- Fine shape. It would appear to me on the Havenstein return question.....what to do with the Rams best OL'er wow that's a problem...:sneaky:. Havenstein returns to his won & earned starting post. Then (A)-Do we let Rodger ride as the 6th OL'er on game day? (B)-Do we insert him back to the starting post he was in when he injured his other shoulder last season in game 5? or (C) -Do we move him a few feet left & insert him back into his best playing position next to Havenstein? Isaiah Battle better get his big butt back in the game or he will fall even further behind. Because the other reserve OT's Darrell Williams/Andrew Donnal & even Pace Murphy all look mighty good! Jamon Brown is a serious nasty outstanding run blocker but he is really having big issues with pass blocking on the right side of the OL just like last season.

RB's- Fine Shape- Fisher is going to loose sleep on the 4th & last RB spot. He will not keep five with Tavon Austin here. Green or Reynolds now that's a hard decision to make I betting on the veteran with the loss of Bradley Marquez but Green is electric.

WR's- Rams have issues- Looks like the Britt/Austin/Cooper are locks with Spruce right below that trio but the 5th WR has yet to show up. I waiting Duke....Why would you keep 6 when you don't have 5 yet. I thinking 5 spots for wide outs. Can Green play wide out?

TE/H-backs- Fine Shape- Kendricks/Harkey/Higbee look like locks but I really think Justice Cunningham might be a sleeper with his run blocking:sneaky:... keep a eye on him the rest of the pre season. Temarrick Hemingway may steal that 6th WR spot as a passing threat @ TE.:whistle: Anyway I look at it we will have 4 on the roster.

DL- Some major concerns with the exterior pass rush if Rob Quinn does not make a complete comeback. Young UDFA's like Westbrooks/Longacre/Seau/Fox/Colvin have been surprising good thus far.

LB'ers- This unit was very weak :eek: thus far in pre season. They have looked sloppy & have been beat often. (n)

CB's- somewhat like the Lb'ers but the play of EJ Gaines & Troy Hill have me upbeat now. Sensabaugh might be our 6th best corner right now & he was our top UFA DB this off season:sadwalk:. Roberson & Joyner need to step up their production both are in their 3rd seasons & have played & started many NFL games.

Safeties- Is depth an issue? Bryant & Davis play the last two preseason games not what I was expecting & CB Bryant laid a rotten egg Saturday.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Are we bona fide Ram fans or not ? This site is jamming & right on target here ....great posts guys.....

OL- Fine shape. It would appear to me on the Havenstein return question.....what to do with the Rams best OL'er wow that's a problem...:sneaky:. Havenstein returns to his won & earned starting post. Then (A)-Do we let Rodger ride as the 6th OL'er on game day? (B)-Do we insert him back to the starting post he was in when he injured his other shoulder last season in game 5? or (C) -Do we move him a few feet left & insert him back into his best playing position next to Havenstein? Isaiah Battle better get his big butt back in the game or he will fall even further behind. Because the other reserve OT's Darrell Williams/Andrew Donnal & even Pace Murphy all look mighty good! Jamon Brown is a serious nasty outstanding run blocker but he is really having big issues with pass blocking on the right side of the OL just like last season.

RB's- Fine Shape- Fisher is going to loose sleep on the 4th & last RB spot. He will not keep five with Tavon Austin here. Green or Reynolds now that's a hard decision to make I betting on the veteran with the loss of Bradley Marquez but Green is electric.

WR's- Rams have issues- Looks like the Britt/Austin/Cooper are locks with Spruce right below that trio but the 5th WR has yet to show up. I waiting Duke....Why would you keep 6 when you don't have 5 yet. I thinking 5 spots for wide outs. Can Green play wide out?

TE/H-backs- Fine Shape- Kendricks/Harkey/Higbee look like locks but I really think Justice Cunningham might be a sleeper with his run blocking:sneaky:... keep a eye on him the rest of the pre season. Temarrick Hemingway may steal that 6th WR spot as a passing threat @ TE.:whistle: Anyway I look at it we will have 4 on the roster.

DL- Some major concerns with the exterior pass rush if Rob Quinn does not make a complete comeback. Young UDFA's like Westbrooks/Longacre/Seau/Fox/Colvin have been surprising good thus far.

LB'ers- This unit was very weak :eek: thus far in pre season. They have looked sloppy & have been beat often. (n)

CB's- somewhat like the Lb'ers but the play of EJ Gaines & Troy Hill have me upbeat now. Sensabaugh might be our 6th best corner right now & he was our top UFA DB this off season:sadwalk:. Roberson & Joyner need to step up their production both are in their 3rd seasons & have played & started many NFL games.

Safeties- Is depth an issue? Bryant & Davis play the last two preseason games not what I was expecting & CB Bryant laid a rotten egg Saturday.

1) OL = playing great, all appear healthy with the exception of Havenstein who hopefully returns soon. What nice depth for a change, we should be in very good shape here.

2) RB's = Wow, ... we are stacked.

3) WR's = questionable, but not without hope. Britt and Austin are primed to improve on last years numbers, especially so with an OL making an about-face. Cooper, Spruce & Thomas are very young, and very interesting additions.
Here's my August surprise : RG3 sprains his pinky and Cleveland trades Josh Gordon and their 2017 second round draft pick for Rams QB Mannion and CB Joyner. :LOL: :rimshot:

4) TE = good depth and a rookie stand-out in Higbee. I have Hemingway over Cunningham, but very close.

5) DL = possibly top 5/6 when it's all said and done, of course Quinn must be his old self. Excellent depth, i'm fine saying goodby to Sims.

6) LB'ers = underwhelming so far, Williams may need to tweak, but it's still early.

7) CB's = EJ returns and we're gonna be fine, would prefer better depth behind him & TruJ. Hope we find a way to keep Hill.

8 - Safeties = Lots of depth, we need two to shine.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Can we afford to lose Green or Brown by giving Reynolds a spot just so he can play ST's? At some point, we might need Brown or Green to step up and be a second back.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Here's the elephant in the room. The WR corps. Specifically Brian Quick. WTF? I'm trying my best to be open minded, but let's just say that his "good practice plays" haven't exactly translated to the field in the 2 preseason games. Quite the contrary. He is NOT among our probable best 6 at WR and I don't think he ever will be. This was a make or break game for him and Fisher gave him tons of snaps (robbing other WR candidates in the process) and Quick failed. I doubt that Quick now makes the team, frankly.
Loved your post....Still curious, what exactly did Quick do wrong in preseason game 1???? Serious question...

I get the 2 drops in yesterdays game...not gonna rehash it....he's gotta come up with those.

If he doesn't play next week, then I'll believe he'll possibly be cut...until then, I agree with Groh or whoever continues to throw him out there...He's one of our top 2 wr's....the other being Kenny Britt....

Again, probably because Merl, he's one of our best wrs....and 2 drops don't change that. Just like 1 drop doesn't make Cooper terrible, 3 drops don't make Thomas terrible, nor the lone target and drop by Tavon 2 weeks ago make him the worst receiver on the roster.....I fail to get all the Quick hate...Sorta like all the G-Rob hate...

Hell, Ogletree has had two of the worst games in his career, but no one has said bench/cut/get rid of Tree....Know why, because everyone knows Tree can play...Same with Quick...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Loved your post....Still curious, what exactly did Quick do wrong in preseason game 1???? Serious question...

I get the 2 drops in yesterdays game...not gonna rehash it....he's gotta come up with those.

If he doesn't play next week, then I'll believe he'll possibly be cut...until then, I agree with Groh or whoever continues to throw him out there...He's one of our top 2 wr's....the other being Kenny Britt....

Again, probably because Merl, he's one of our best wrs....and 2 drops don't change that. Just like 1 drop doesn't make Cooper terrible, 3 drops don't make Thomas terrible, nor the lone target and drop by Tavon 2 weeks ago make him the worst receiver on the roster.....I fail to get all the Quick hate...Sorta like all the G-Rob hate...

Hell, Ogletree has had two of the worst games in his career, but no one has said bench/cut/get rid of Tree....Know why, because everyone knows Tree can play...Same with Quick...
When Fisher releases Brian Quick we may need an intervention here on line with LACHAMP46 so we can help & work him through this .... so he can move on without Quick. :)

Then afterwards maybe LACHAMP46 & some of you Ram fans can help me :help:with the same type of intervention when Fisher releases rookie DE Ian Seau :sadwalk:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
When Fisher releases Brian Quick we may need an intervention here on line with LACHAMP46 so we can help & work him through this .... so he can move on without Quick. :)

Then afterwards maybe LACHAMP46 & some of you Ram fans can help me :help:with the same type of intervention when Fisher releases rookie DE Ian Seau :sadwalk:
No one was here to comfort me when they let go of Brandon McGee....and look Boni, we need him....LOLOLOLOLOL