A few preliminary general thoughts after the Seahawks game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think whoever our kicker is... I want one who can get touchbacks.

With this defense, I start the opposing team on the 25 every time. Take my chances. (y)

TexasRam

Legend
Goff wasn't perfect in this game but he was dam good. I don't give two shits if they hand off at the Goaline rather than throw it. Running is the safer play by any measure for any team and until a team can stop it there is no reason not to.

Akers Evolving into Dominant? Akers isn't dominating. He's mostly struggling to read his blocks. But I do want him on those screens, he has much more ability for YAC then Brown. But Brown has been a great short yardage runner. Hendo should be the lead back on those zone runs and in general until Akers can figure things out.

TexasRam

Legend
I thought so too, and just watched replay again to test my memory on that... it appeared to me Higs took maybe 2 steps around the 30 at 90% speed, but he was running pretty solid. He probably could have caught it, but it was a good effort IMO.

Goff’s deep ball could use a tad more air, and I’m not sure how easy that is to change... but I swear my memory of Wilson early in his career he did NOT have the deep ball he has today.

Keep working hard, we’ll hit those. (y)

Wilson has never been able to throw the short and medium game in my book. He doesn't have the arm strength, accuracy or mechanics of a pocket passer. He mainly managed games with the legion of boom, taking deep shots and scrambling around. I think he really perfected that deep ball after years of realizing that was his game and only chance for success. To his credit he does well with his style. He throws a great touch deep ball. He's been one of the least effective post season "so called" star QB's though. But credit to him for being one of the first NFL QB's to have a prolonged career with this style of play due to his smarts of how to avoid contact running down the field.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did Mcvay say what to do? He said they're a play or two away.

No, but all I said was "I don't know what to do".

Stats and eye test pretty clearly show Goff has not been playing well this season, and has even left points on the field in games we've won. By his comments, McVay seems to notice it too

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Damien Harris is running like a madman. I watched him vs The Ravens. He refuses to go down at first contact and is one badass player to watch if you haven't seen him play. It's like old school football.

Damien Harris is running like a madman. I watched him vs The Ravens. He refuses to go down at first contact and is one badass player to watch if you haven't seen him play. It's like old school football.
Pierre Thomas who used to play for the Saints ran like that.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
My thoughts as well. Also, if Goff hits Higbie with that show down the left sideline, the Rams get at least 30 in that game. Juuuuust missed him. That needs some tightening, but should be there next time as it was earlier in the game.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Against the Bears and Seahawks, I believe we could have scored another TD to get 30+ pts, but McVay opted to running out the clock in the 4th, even in passing situations.