A few optimistic thoughts about our '16 O...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Maybe there are a few legitimate reasons to expect a significant uptick in our O production this year?

Heaven knows that Fisher has been criticized for his team's O shortcomings lately. Heck, I've lead a few charges, myself.

But consider these possible reasons for optimism in '16...

"New" OC Rob Boras did a pretty good job while taking the reins in the late regular season while on the fly. Too late for an overhaul, only time for some tweaking. Especially with a backup QB also thrown into the fire while on the fly. This season, Boras can do it properly from OTA's while emphasizing his attention to detail. Looks like a significant upgrade over Cigs.

New coach Mike Groh added as passing coordinator and WR coach. Fresh concepts and fresh methods of attacking D's might be a very good thing. Comes highly recommended. Might be a huge upgrade over Sherman.

Gurley should be 100% from the get go and, hopefully, will be able to produce for 16 games. Sky's the limit for this kid.

The OL was coming around late last year. It seems reasonable to expect more improvement as they play together more and more. Saffold just might have both of his shoulders finally fixed and could once again be a force. GRob's work with Bentley also sounds encouraging.

Our WR corps is a work in progress, but I expect 2-3 new faces will be added via trade for future picks or FA. Maybe a player swap with another team needy at a position in which we are deep. Maybe for a Foles or Mason, even. S&F are very aware of our WR weaknesses.

Keenum will likely start the season. But hey, he was a big improvement over Foles, wasn't he? And under the most difficult of circumstances.

Last, but not least, at some point in the season our new rookie QB will see the field. We shouldn't expect miracles, but having a QB that can see and actually hit an open receiver will be an improvement.

All in all, I'm feeling a little bit of cautious optimism about our O this year.

I only hope Fisher is smart enough to turn them all loose and let each do his damned job.