a few more camp reports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

CoachO

It was pretty much a foregone conclusion that Finnegan would be moved inside. He excels inside, and with either Fletcher (who was the 3rd CB today) or Johnson, they have plenty of options in that package.

They even worked on a "30-Nickel" package early on in practice, with the 3 LBs (Laurinaitis, Dunbar and McIntosh) being out there with 3 CBs (Jenkins, Finnegan and Fletcher) with the lone Safety being Dahl.

For the first time in recent memory, this defense has plenty of options, and should develop into a very good defense.

WR Nick Johnson. Based on what he showed today, I would say a REAL LONG SHOT. Not that he did anything poorly, but the upgrade in talent at that position is noticeable.

He looked like "just a guy" compared to Quick, Givens, Smith, Amendola, and even Salas.

Alexander was dressed, didnt particiapate in drills, should be full go TOMORROW.

Pettis looked like one of the UDFA's,, there is so much improvement across the board at WR that he looks slow. Literally got hit in the face with a quick slant cuz he didnt get his head turned in time.

S. Smith worked with 1's later in the practice. (after gibson drop)!

QBs. With Clemons being familiar with the system, and Schottenheimer being familiar with his talents, he will be fine.

But the thing that stood out to me was the noticeable, drop off in the QBs when Bradford wasn't under center. The reads just arent as quick, and the throws aren't as crisp.

Compared to last year, whether it was due to Feeley being a veteran, or Bradford not being as comfortable in last years offense, it is so much more noticeable how much better Bradford looks.

beastlykev08

Hello Rams fans and it is good to say that football is back.

Here are some things I saw:

- Janoris Jenkins is legitimate, smooth and quick as a hiccup. Receiver rarely got more than a yard of separation from him.

- Rokevious Watkins just looks unathletic.

- Amendola is back and in good form, running good routes and displaying good hands

- Gibson dropped a ball in WR drills...

- DX was sidelined with something

- Quick looks the part. Ran some good routes, didn't do many special things. Made a couple nice catches.

- Givens looks like a monster, gets off the line fast and destroyed our 2nd and 3rd string cbs. I'd be interested to see him go against Jenkins. Didn't have a lot of balls thrown his way but looked good.

- Steve Smith right now looks like he should make the team. Ran good routes and displayed good hands.

- Salas looks like he's back in good form.

- Pettis looked okay, made some nice catches, dropped an easy one. It's the rams after all.

- The first string O-line was Saffold- Ojinnaka- Turner- Dahl- Smith

- Lance Kendricks and Hoho look pretty damn good.

- During kicking drills i looked up and saw a ball curving and barely making it, and some of the FGs missing and I freaked out. Then I looked down at our roster and realized that it wasn't Zuerlein. As soon as he came in there was a notable difference. He has a leg like we haven't seen in as long as I have watched the Rams. All I'll say is the opponents 45 yard line may be FG position.

RevFarrakhan
Snapshots From Camp - July 29 2012

LINK TO PHOTOS: http://www.realramsfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=70059

Has it really been a year already?

Many new faces at camp this year, and I suspect that we shouldn't get used to them, either. I'm thinking by the time that Snead and Fisher are done, this roster will turn over by another 33%. Rome wasn't built in a day, and as tired as we are of rebuilding, that doesn't mean it won't take time to find some quality depth.

- After raining all day for the first time in weeks, after what seems like an entire summer of +100 temperatures, and making us wonder here in St. Louis if we were going to be cursed, the clouds broke two hours before camp and we had a much more tolerable 90ish with an occasional breeze. Maybe this is a good omen for the team, eh?

- The guys were in shells only today. Quite a few of the receivers didn't even wear shoulderpads.

- A solid 45 minutes of special teams work today to start the practice.

- For the first time since 2005 when we started this site up and began the camp reports, I actually get the sense from the coaching staff that they're evaluating players on the first day, instead of coming in more or less spot-checking a guy here or there. You would think between Linehan and Spagnuolo at least it would have happened before, but I don't think either of them kept the depth chart as wide open as Fisher seems to be.

- The majority of the starting offensive line snaps today appeared to be: LT Rodger Saffold, LG Quinn Ojinnaka, C Robert Turner, RG Harvey Dahl, RT Jason Smith. Kendricks saw the most time at TE.

- For the second unit offense, it was primarily LT Ryan McKee, LG T. Bob Hebert, C Tim Barnes, RG Bryan Mattison, RT Barry Richardson. Hoomanawanui was at TE, and Pead was the main 2nd unit RB.

- A little bit of rust or uncertainty showing on the receiving corps today. A lot of dropped passes. Quick had a bit of trouble in particular.

- A good 45 minutes of practice was scrimmaging with simulated down and distance. Couple that with an extended 7 on 7 series, and despite not being in full pads, these guys spent the majority of the time running plays. Another different twist to the Fisher camp.

JrJagFan

Went to practice today....some observations in no particular order.

1. Jenkins looks like the real deal....smooth, fast, quick, athletic, good hands. It looks like he and Finnegan are the starters.

2. Bradley Fletcher practiced and looked healthy...wasn't wearing a knee brace which kinda surprised me.

3. Trumaine Johnson is playing corner but looks like a safety to me. I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up there at some point. He seems to have safety quickness rather than corner quickness.

4. Dahl and Mikell appear to be the starting safeties, but Stewart had a nice practice as well.

5. Okay...don't shoot the messenger...but Brandon Gibson was practicing with the #1's. It was him Salas and Amendola. Salas looks great....big, quick, athletic...great hands. Amendola is 110% back.

6. Quick and Givens have obvious size and speed and skills...but...they're raw. Didn't see Danario on the field. That can't be good.

7. Brockers is huge...and...he is just not fat. Appears to be the biggest guy on the team....with real size and quickness. He could be a great one...

8. Pead played a lot. Should be a lock for #2 back given his amount of time on the field and in 11 on 11 drills. He is very, very fast.

9. Watkins came out, but didn't practice. Did some light conditioning work and headed inside early. It's pretty obvious he is not in football shape. Very soft looking.

10. Steven Jackson is Steven Jackson. He looks to be in supreme shape, was very fast, and still works as hard as anyone on the team. Didn't take a lot of reps, but when he did he was exceptional.