A few general Monday morning thoughts...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Of course Kroenke wants to win. If for no other reason than it enhances the value of his investment.

I seriously doubt that Kroenke intervened in the trade up matter. Not his style. He merely approved the S&F trade request.

We'll never know for sure how Snead felt about the trade up decision, but I suspect he was in favor just as much as Fisher. Had to go for it when opportunity presented itself.

I'm not as sure about Snead's Goff/Wentz preference. But I am sure that Fisher was all in on Goff. The smiles, the smirks, the Mike Silver quotes, etc. Wentz was never a Fisher option.

So far, there's been a zero ROI on the trade up. And we're almost halfway through the season. That CAN'T have been the plan.

I suspect that Fisher is still uncomfortable with Goff's readiness. Otherwise, there is no sane reason not to start him after the bye.

Which raises an all important question. Why the heck would Goff still not be ready at this point? What does that say about the Goff over Wentz decision? Or about the ability of this staff to develop a rookie QB? Has to be a troubling question one way or the other, doesn't it?

How can a healthy Gurley be ranked 37th in the league through 7 games? Mind boggling.

Why the Fisher man crush on Tavon?

Why has the OL regressed this year?

I could go on, but what's the point?

Our entire O seems to be a monument to underachievement, doesn't it?

I've said this before, but I'm gonna repeat myself here, anyway, because I'm just so frustrated. A Fisher team is where skilled O players go to die. Simply mind boggling.

For heaven's sake, Mr Kroenke. Please put Fisher out of his misery after this season. Not to mention the misery of the budding LA fanbase, too. Let the healing begin!

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
A big reason why we are 3-4 is because the run game has not gotten going at all. This team was not built to air it out 53 times a game. I'm sure fisher is as puzzled as we are from the lack of run game. We didn't expect this from our rookie of the year. They better spend a good amount of time working on it during the bye week.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Thank goodness I didn't draft Gurley in any of my fantasy leagues.

They need to mix up their run plays for him and let him actually play on 3rd downs. We have been saying this since week 1.... Yet, here we are.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
A big reason why we are 3-4 is because the run game has not gotten going at all. This team was not built to air it out 53 times a game. I'm sure fisher is as puzzled as we are from the lack of run game. We didn't expect this from our rookie of the year. They better spend a good amount of time working on it during the bye week.

Fisher is that you? yes you can win throwing 53 times you just have to hit your open receivers and not the other teams guy. when you cant run you have to throw its really not that complicated.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The new contract?

My expectations have been lowered now... the wining streak is in the rear view mirror and this team has reverted back to finding ways to lose.

Guess it's just the life of a Rams fan...not much I can do about it.

KayJay

Starter
Here's what I don't get. You claim Goff is ready and you're going to start giving him starter reps after London anyway. And then you come out after Keenum's awful game and say nothing is his fault after losing 3 straight. Nobody is trying to hear that sh*t. Fisher clearly doesn't give a flying f*ck what people think of him after a statement like that. There's just one problem, you are in LA and you represent all of us out here. When you embarrass yourself, you embarrass the city. We are becoming the laughing stock of the league because there are 5 other rookies that have started.

Usually you don't make more than one bold prediction. But I'd like to predict two things. Goff is starting after the bye, in fact in about a week and a half Fisher will start to say how well Goff has impressed; Goff will start the next Sunday we play. Second prediction? If Goff doesn't see the field, Fisher gets fired. Kronke doesn't play when it comes to money and public appearance. Fisher doesn't care, but his owner does.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Other than that tipped ball TA has been pretty solid. Sure be pissed at him for missing that duck of a throw. But he's been pretty solid for the most part.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Of course Kroenke wants to win. If for no other reason than it enhances the value of his investment.

I seriously doubt that Kroenke intervened in the trade up matter. Not his style. He merely approved the S&F trade request.

We'll never know for sure how Snead felt about the trade up decision, but I suspect he was in favor just as much as Fisher. Had to go for it when opportunity presented itself.

I'm not as sure about Snead's Goff/Wentz preference. But I am sure that Fisher was all in on Goff. The smiles, the smirks, the Mike Silver quotes, etc. Wentz was never a Fisher option.

So far, there's been a zero ROI on the trade up. And we're almost halfway through the season. That CAN'T have been the plan.

I suspect that Fisher is still uncomfortable with Goff's readiness. Otherwise, there is no sane reason not to start him after the bye.

Which raises an all important question. Why the heck would Goff still not be ready at this point? What does that say about the Goff over Wentz decision? Or about the ability of this staff to develop a rookie QB? Has to be a troubling question one way or the other, doesn't it?

How can a healthy Gurley be ranked 37th in the league through 7 games? Mind boggling.

Why has the OL regressed this year?

I could go on, but what's the point?

Our entire O seems to be a monument to underachievement, doesn't it?

I've said this before, but I'm gonna repeat myself here, anyway, because I'm just so frustrated. A Fisher team is where skilled O players go to die. Simply mind boggling.

For heaven's sake, Mr Kroenke. Please put Fisher out of his misery after this season. Not to mention the misery of the budding LA fanbase, too. Let the healing begin!

I am convinced that Bou needs to go. PSU changed from the old tried and true, formerly successful Herb Hand to a younger and much revered Matt Limegrover as the offensive line coach. The difference in the Oline's performance is startling. He inserted two new freshman guards and changed positions of other former starters and they now have a much improved Oline. The guys that are still on the line from last year are playing better than they have since Paterno was pushed out. Despite all of the preaching by a certain member over at the old forum it takes more than just time playing together as a unit to have a good Oline.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
The OL coach, Boudreau has to go. He kept putting in guy who got bowled over more than once and could not open holes for Gurley.

Whatever happened to Jamon Brown? The guy was moving the pile when he was next to Havenstein. Is it a coincidence that Havenstein had his worst day next to Wichmann yesterday?

Is there a severe injury to Jamon Brown's hand that we don't know about? Can't they put JB's hand in a cast like a club? Or was Fisher throwing JB under the bus for the miscommunication in the Detroit game and having him sit out?

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Other than that tipped ball TA has been pretty solid. Sure be pissed at him for missing that duck of a throw. But he's been pretty solid for the most part.
I agree , they had to pay Austin . He is a game breaking player and imagine us without him! He's never gonna be a great wr but I'm happy we don't have to play against him .

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Fisher is that you? yes you can win throwing 53 times you just have to hit your open receivers and not the other teams guy. when you cant run you have to throw its really not that complicated.
No I'm not fisher and I didn't say we can't win throwing 53 times a game. I said we aren't built that way. We have a rookie of the year RB who looks pedestrian this year. Maybe read my post before you quote me. Thanks.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another food for thought tidbit.

After leading handily 10-0 in the first qtr, we never scored another freaking point.

Yards, yes. Especially passing yards. Running yardage? Not so much.

But the name of the game is to win games. Need points to win games, yet we were shutout for 3 quarters!

The D held Eli, Beckham, Shepard, et al to 10 damned points! (Giants got 7 points on the pick six}.

You hold Eli to 10 points and you should win 90% plus of the games.

Yep. Our O seems stuck in the mud. We're always finding ways to stop ourselves. Gawd!

I am SO ready to move on from Fisher.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree , they had to pay Austin . He is a game breaking player and imagine us without him! He's never gonna be a great wr but I'm happy we don't have to play against him .
Do you think his contract lines up with his productivity?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Do you think his contract lines up with his productivity?

I rate a player by how many points they put up.

Lets go off 2015 because this year isn't over

Deandre Hopkins
11 TD's

TA
10 TD's

Yes I think he's worth the money.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fisher held out Gurley for almost the entire pre-season. A huge mistake. He wanted to avoid Gurley getting injured, but by not playing he never got a feel for the game.

I'm ready for a coaching change. Fisher did his job, transitioning from St. Louis to LA. Bring in Gruden, Kyle or Mike Shanahan. I'd even be willing to put up with Harbaugh. It got to be apparent to Kroenke by now that Fisher is not a winner.