A few Friday morning thoughts...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Where to start?

Will S/F grab an OG at #41, or will a player like Perryman prove irresistible? Paul has done an excellent job of illustrating how a Perryman would be a terrific future MLB in the NFC West. And an inexpensive replacement for J Lau as soon as '16. Plus, there will be other attractive players there with bright futures and terrific value.

I still maintain that we may need to draft only one OG. We are likely to sign Barksdale at RT and maybe Blalock at OG (or their equivalents). We also have Reynolds who could be a starter while a rookie gets up to speed. We know that Fisher will not approve a strategy involving starting 2 rookie plus a youngster at C on opening day, so what other options are there? Time to think outside the box?

I believe our starting C is already on the roster. Plus a couple of swing OL.

Are there any WR's left in this draft that would be a significant upgrade over our top four? I wonder.

DGB scares the heck out of me. I hope they pass on him.

I hope no QB is taken in the 2nd. Heck, it wouldn't bother me if we skipped one in the 3rd, either. I kinda like our 3 current QB's under Weinke's guidance.

Soooo glad we didn't take Peat.

And so glad all the trade up rumors were false.

After sleeping on it, I'm even more pleased with our Gurley pick. And that's saying something.

Anybody else wince last night as player after player was picked that we would have loved in horns? Even though we knew it was inevitable.

And didn't it seem a bit strange to only have one pick in the 1st round?

Am I the only one sensing that S/F have a plan and that it's unfolding just as they thought it would?

Is it possible that La'el Collins might be a surprise pick at #41?

I think we'll see need becoming a bigger factor in today's picks, of course. But it wouldn't greatly surprise me to see a non OL pick today. Maaaaybe even both of them. Gasp! If so, buckle up for the board meltdown. Lol.

What did I miss?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I prefer McKinney to Perriman.

They could draft any of the three need positions on the line. If they sign Barksdale or Blalock it is likely to a short term contract. So a rookie OG/ORT/C can have time to learn.

If they draft Clemmings he could start out at guard part way through the season and next year be the ORT.

I think they look hard at Centers. I still contend that Barnes or Jones would have been given a look at seasons end if they were in serious contention for the Center spot.........Rhaney is the wildcard at that positon though.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't think Collins will be picked for a long while. The dude might have been involved in a murder. Teams aren't going to risk throwing away a high pick until they have more info. If they do, they either know something or they don't care about risk. I'd be fine with taking him in the 5th(4th tops depending on who's there) but anything before that and you risk throwing the pick away. That's why his agent tried to petition the NFL to let him be in the supplemental draft.