A Day 3 player you like that we probably won't draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
There are a few guys I'd like us to pick up -

CB/QB - Nick Marshall is one
RB - Josh Robinson

but if I had to pick one its:
QB - Sean Mannion - I have a weird feeling about this guy, I think he's going to be a #1 for someone for a very long time

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Interesting, do you have some stats on him, IDK of him!?!

Morse had a solid career at OT for Missouri. Solid, athletic player who will likely go higher than many fans expect. Very high SPARQ score. Many think he will move inside to OG and is a possible OC conversion. I think he is a better prospect than Britt was last year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Morse had a solid career at OT for Missouri. Solid, athletic player who will likely go higher than many fans expect. Very high SPARQ score. Many think he will move inside to OG and is a possible OC conversion. I think he is a better prospect than Britt was last year.

However I would not put him in the 'that Rams wont pick' category because they have already shown a fair amount of interest in him. I like the SPARQ scores and have admittedly not really seen him play much, but some Mizzou fans think that he isn't really that good and benefitted from better players surrounding him. If that is an accurate assumption then I hope the Rams don't overdraft him. I know Snead is always high on the 'athlete' first types. I tend to be a little wary because of the question of whether or not they will really develop. For instance, using a second round pick on Quick was too high for a guy that took 3 years to arrive (injury aside). Ron Bartell took far too long to develop into a good corner after being a second rounder. I would prefer more instant production from round 2. Take chances on the high upside low production types after round 3 or 4.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://hamptonroads.com/2015/03/taylor-heinicke-others-look-impress-odu-pro-day
Taylor Heinicke ran a 4.56/4.58 40(depending on the source) at his Pro Day and completed 61 of 68 passes with 2 drops.

The 40 time isn't surprising to me. Watching a few of his games, I saw outstanding mobility and overall athleticism in him.

I wish I had more film of Heinicke because I actually have liked some of what I've seen. I thought he played a really good game against Vanderbilt. I like him as 6th/7th round developmental QB. I doubt he ever becomes a starter but I think he could carve out a good career as a backup because of his ball placement and athleticism.

His arm strength is lacking(although he's reportedly increased it while training this off-season) and his height caused him problems with his vision and accuracy...especially when he's asked to throw over OLs...but I could see him handling himself well like Chase Daniel has in a backup role in the NFL.

Athos

Legend
but some Mizzou fans think that he isn't really that good and benefitted from better players surrounding him. If that is an accurate assumption then I hope the Rams don't overdraft him.

That's weird considering Mizzou's O-line hasn't been the greatest. Britt, Boehm, Gatti, and Morse. Boehm is probably the only low 1st rounder, high 2nd round guy that will get drafted. Britt was maybe a bit overdrafted by the Hags.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That's weird considering Mizzou's O-line hasn't been the greatest. Britt, Boehm, Gatti, and Morse. Boehm is probably the only low 1st rounder, high 2nd round guy that will get drafted. Britt was maybe a bit overdrafted by the Hags.

Britt had high SPARQ scores too if I recall correctly. Schneider is a leader in that area. I think both are overrated because of their athleticism.

thehammer

Rookie
Donovan Smith will be worth watching as the 3rd rd moves along...ditto Heuerman, . Laken Tomlinson, Jarvis Harrison, Gallik, Charles Gaines, Cristian Covington and David Cobb can't believe Marpet will make it to the 4th but would be a steal

agree with Stel about Marshall..has some serious upside

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was just checking out SPARQ Scores and Morse did score high, 115.1, He benched 225 pounds 36 Times!! Sounds real strong!
But I found a 'Dark Horse for you;
Mark Glowinski - OG - West Virginia - 6 Ft. 4 - 307 - 5.10 40 with a 10 yrd. split of 1.71 - He pressed 225 31 Times, and has a 31.o vert., Has a SPARQ of 123.6!! Sounds pretty good. And being from W. Virginia I'd bet he's on Sneads Radar!(y)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was just checking out SPARQ Scores and Morse did score high, 115.1, He benched 225 pounds 36 Times!! Sounds real strong!
But I found a 'Dark Horse for you;
Mark Glowinski - OG - West Virginia - 6 Ft. 4 - 307 - 5.10 40 with a 10 yrd. split of 1.71 - He pressed 225 31 Times, and has a 31.o vert., Has a SPARQ of 123.6!! Sounds pretty good. And being from W. Virginia I'd bet he's on Sneads Radar!(y)

I mentioned him on page 1

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
My favorite is, Andrew Donnal, if I only pick one. I think he's a day 1 starter, for the foreseeable future at ORT. Scouting services have him way too low (6th to 7th), IMO. I think he'll be, at least, drafted by the 4th round.

Last edited:

thehammer

Rookie
player both Stel and me like....Corey Robinson OT/G way underrated 6'7 330 with long arms all academic..love the big brainy guys

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
player both Stel and me like....Corey Robinson OT/G way underrated 6'7 330 with long arms all academic..love the big brainy guys

People seem to have widely differing opinions on him. Don't think he can stay at LOT, but he seems to me to be solid mid round ROT or OG prospect, I think late Day 2/early Day 3. Our third round pick might be a bit high for him, but he would be a good value in the 4th round.