A Day 3 player you like that we probably won't draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
Every year, I find a player or two I really like who will go in the second half of the draft that I'm pretty sure we won't draft. How about the rest of you? Is there that player you'd love to see on the Rams that probably won't be?

This year, for me, it is QB/DB Nick Marshall of Auburn. I'd love to take him in the 4th round if he is still there. Experienced DB who switched to QB and played well for a top program. Excellent size, speed and coverage skills but has had a couple years away from playing DB. I think he could be a top FS. At worst, I think he will immediately be a solid special teams player and back up DB. At best, I think he becomes a starting/primary backup DB. He also gives you an emergency QB and a toy for some trick plays.

Anyone else have a guy?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
S - Tevin McDonald (actually, I think the Rams may give him a look just because of the family ties)

G - Robert Myers - from what I read, he needs a redshirt year but there could be payoff down the road

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Shaquille Mason C Georgia Tech
Hutson Mason QB Georgia
Cody Fajado QB Nevada

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@Boston Ram , like everybody on your list but Mason (the QB)...Don't know who he is, probably would like him too....Fajardo looked nice at the combine...real muscled kid, athlete and threw the ball well....his film does his arm no justice.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
OG - Ali Marpet; Just something about him!! Hard work, and dedication will pay-off for this kid, I hope it's as a Ram!!

Athos

Legend
WR DeAndre Smelter
RB Josh Robinson
OT/C/OG Mitch Morse
CB Nick Marshall

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WR DeAndre Smelter
HB Josh Robinson
CB/S Donald Celiscar
ILB Taiwan Jones
C Andy Gallik
OT Chaz Green
ILB Ben Heeney

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
@Boston Ram , like everybody on your list but Mason (the QB)...Don't know who he is, probably would like him too....Fajardo looked nice at the combine...real muscled kid, athlete and threw the ball well....his film does his arm no justice.

Fajardo took a beating this year and losing his 2 starting guards didn't help. Heard he was banged up too. When he lost confidence in the oline he started looking to run too soon and never let routes develop. He got into some bad habits that may need a year to fix. I do think there is a QB there though. Glad to hear someone else who has seen him play.

The thing I like Mason is he has a quick release (which is always the first thing I look to with QB's). He is a smart kid who had some questionable arm strength. His pro day proved he can make the throws needed though. He does not have Murray's arm but has a quicker release and never seems to get rattled. He is a development guy but there is untapped potential there IMO, see Matt Cassell.

As for Shaq, he is my fave, I do think there is a shot the Rams could target him in the 4th. I think he can start day 1, like him as a G over C though. Do you think he can play C?

RobertWinn

UDFA
Name
David
Trey Flowers, John Miller and Ben Heeney.

With Flowers being on the DL I bet we pass, but Miller would be a good get. Heeney is a favorite of mine.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Every year, I find a player or two I really like who will go in the second half of the draft that I'm pretty sure we won't draft. How about the rest of you? Is there that player you'd love to see on the Rams that probably won't be?

This year, for me, it is QB/DB Nick Marshall of Auburn. I'd love to take him in the 4th round if he is still there. Experienced DB who switched to QB and played well for a top program. Excellent size, speed and coverage skills but has had a couple years away from playing DB. I think he could be a top FS. At worst, I think he will immediately be a solid special teams player and back up DB. At best, I think he becomes a starting/primary backup DB. He also gives you an emergency QB and a toy for some trick plays.

Anyone else have a guy?

You already named mine.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
David Johnson Northern Iowa

Big athletic RB who can catch the ball very well. He's 6'1 and 220 and moves very well for a guy his size. I think he'd be a great fit in the 4th round. I see starting potential if he can pass block well enough.

Jordan Hicks Texas OLB

A very active outside backer that is solid against the run and does a good job in coverage too. I think he'd be great depth for the LB core and could be ST ace.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
As for Shaq, he is my fave, I do think there is a shot the Rams could target him in the 4th. I think he can start day 1, like him as a G over C though. Do you think he can play C?
I like him as a center, more than guard...so small...short arms...If we truly want to be a power run team....He was snapping at the senior bowl, I think...Says he can play both positions...I believe him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Stel said a day 3 player that you like that the Rams probably wont draft. I don't know how you can figure that it is a guy that the Rams probably wont draft. Unless he is a 3/4 guy or a ZBS Olinemen, or a strictly cover 2 corner.

There really isn't anyone that I am crazy about for a day 3 pick. Maybe Mark Glowinski in round 4? I thought EJ Gaines would be gone in round 3 last year. Yet there have been other players that didn't get drafted that I thought should have.

Maybe a real late player that I really like is Mike Hull, lber from Penn State. He led the BigTen in tackles and is just a realy heady player. However I think he probably fits a 3/4 inside backer role best.

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stel said a day 3 player that you like that the Rams probably wont draft. I don't know how you can figure that it is a guy that the Rams probably wont draft. Unless he is a 3/4 guy or a ZBS Olinemen, or a strictly cover 2 corner.

I guess that is kind of hard to figure. I was trying to indicate a player that didn't fit what they were likely to be drafting (but even that means were guessing what the Rams will be looking for late). Let's just say a Day 3 player you really like.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

There really isn't anyone that I am crazy about for a day 3 pick. Maybe Mark Glowinski in round 4? I thought EJ Gaines would be gone in round 3 last year. Yet there have been other players that didn't get drafted that I thought should have.

Maybe a real late player that I really like is Mike Hull, lber from Penn State. He led the BigTen in tackles and is just a realy heady player. However I think he probably fits a 3/4 inside backer role best.

We only have three Day 3 picks. Odds are that you'll be right with almost anyone you guess. ;)