A couple of thoughts on Ogletree

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Ogletree was not a guy I wanted, but after a night to sleep on (off) it, I've reconsidered my thoughts. He's a guy with great range and speed. He can cover the big TE which have killed us in the past. But he can also go after running QBs. I think the Rams took him because we have to play Kaepernick and Wilson twice a year.

I didn't want him because of the off the field stuff. I didn't want another negative influence on Trumain Johnson or Quinn, who already have DUI, or Jenkins who has his own problems. Also in interviews he came off as immature, and I don't want someone taking away the good vibe our team has going right now. Say what you want about Johnson, Quinn or Jenkins, but at least they're hard workers who give it their all and aren't cancers in the locker room. I'm not saying that Ogletree will be a cancer, but I didn't want the Rams to risk a 1sr rounder to find out.

That said, Fisher is very good at getting good play out of these guys and I'll trust him.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Yes, I think the fact that we play Keapernick and Wilson twice a year influenced this pick, but I've wanted an OLB for a while now and I think Ogletree is a steal at 30. I would've been fine if they took him at 22. I think Jarvis Jones was a better LB than Ogletree at Georgia, but they're both pretty good players.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
By many accounts he was the best linebacker in the draft. I dont think many disputed that, it was his off the field stuff. Leonard Little killed a woman drinking and driver and never once proved to be a cancer in the locker room. As far as Ogletree, ive never heard he was a cancer at all, just young and dumb, and we all were at 21. How many guys you know that have gotten DUI's? i personally know a handful, i know that doesnt make it okay, but the folks i know, were just dumb for a short period of time in a long life of decent honest moments. So we will see what happens. His talent is huge. Hopefully his heart is too and he will do what he needs to be a great team mate.

A55VA6

Legend
It makes our defense faster. Ogletree is a great talent. Makes us alot better on D.