A Couple Notes on Our New OL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Jamon Brown has played four years in a pro-style offense. I believe Louisville has something of a power-man blocking scheme, but I may be wrong.

Rob Havenstein has played four years in a power run-blocking scheme known to churn out some of the best-trained and best-prepared OL in the game.

You want two guys who can come into the Fisher system and quickly make an impact? Well, there you go. No learning to block in a non-zone or non-spread system.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Have to believe that is at least part of the reason for these picks as opposed to the raw but elite potential types of recent drafts. Maybe, just maybe, Snisher does know what they're doing?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
We have been wondering what kind of line they want to build here .... Do they want fleet footed athletes or big ol galoogas?

I think we have our answer - and I like it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd still try to take TJ Clemmings (only cause he's left) and, AND La'el Collins today....

I doubt, even with the familiarity of the style of offense, that either of these 2 are ready to start.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd still try to take TJ Clemmings (only cause he's left) and, AND La'el Collins today....

I doubt, even with the familiarity of the style of offense, that either of these 2 are ready to start.

I agree that improving OLine depth would be a good thing.

DLux27

Rookie
I think the best thing these new young OLINE for Rams have, they are gonna have to practice against one of the nastiest DLINE's in football all summer long. By the time they see other teams come fall they'll be like "Shit this ain't no Thang, atleast I'm not blocking Quinn, Donald, Fairley, Brockers, or Long..."

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Jamon Brown has played four years in a pro-style offense. I believe Louisville has something of a power-man blocking scheme, but I may be wrong.

Rob Havenstein has played four years in a power run-blocking scheme known to churn out some of the best-trained and best-prepared OL in the game.

You want two guys who can come into the Fisher system and quickly make an impact? Well, there you go. No learning to block in a non-zone or non-spread system.

Sean Mannion also runs a pro-style offense. Also a big guy. So you might be onto something there.

UDFA
After yesterday, I'm okay with pretty much anything, K, P, RB & QB excepted.
Some intriguing WR prospects.. LBs.. Lots of ways to go.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
One thing about Havenstein , he only gave up one sack , and here's the kicker , zero off side penalties

That's huge , I'm sorry guys , but I'm sick and tired of watching the Rams go from first and goal from the one to first and goal from the eleven

Just think about how many points the Rams could score if the didn't go backwards every time they get in the redzone

V3

Hall of Fame

I do wonder about taking so many players playing the same position from the same draft. That would mean they'd all be up for new contracts at the same time, right? I forget the contract length difference between rounds.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Agreed about Clemmings and Collins. I disagree that Frankenstein and Brown aren't ready to start. I think they could.

V3

Hall of Fame
One thing about Havenstein , he only gave up one sack , and here's the kicker , zero off side penalties

That's huge , I'm sorry guys , but I'm sick and tired of watching the Rams go from first and goal from the one to first and goal from the eleven

Just think about how many points the Rams could score if the didn't go backwards every time they get in the redzone
That one sack stat is very misleading, IMO. That offense didn't pass much at all. The other stuff's nice though.

…..

Legend

Actually....whats more telling is that he had no holding penalties. In the whole year.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Donnel seems to fit the same mold, don't you think? Big 10 run-first offensive lineman who should be well coached with good technique.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
One of these guys will make a splash. I wonder if we still want to sign Barksdale with our new promising additions.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Donnel seems to fit the same mold, don't you think? Big 10 run-first offensive lineman who should be well coached with good technique.
Absolutely. Every one of these kids have functional strength, and passion. They all play to the whistle, and they all finish.

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Also nice that none of these rookies has the pressure of stepping up and being the man.

New blood in camp will all get chances to win a spot on this line.