A couple NFL.COM Mock Drafts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/bucky-brooks/155114

Bucky Brooks:

Pick No. 16
STL
Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
Fisher is one of the hottest prospects in the draft, based on his intriguing talent and potential. He displays the footwork and athleticism to develop into a franchise-caliber left tackle.

Pick No. 22
STL
Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas
The Rams' defense could use a versatile safety to handle the tight ends and slot receivers that thrive in the NFC West.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/155111

Daniel Jeremiah:

Pick No. 16
STL
Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

Pick No. 22
STL
Kenny Vaccaro, SS Texas

I wouldn't be upset with either one of these drafts for the Rams. I just watched a Lane Johnson interview and he claimed to run a 4.7 40 last year at 300 lbs plus. Very athletic kid with tons of growth potential. Looked very good at the Senior Bowl practices.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like it.

But; in these scenarios we don't add a top-of-the-draft offensive weapon which I just can't see happening.

Unless we sign one of the big name WR's, I expect a WR and/or TE with one of those first two picks.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
I like it.

But; in these scenarios we don't add a top-of-the-draft offensive weapon which I just can't see happening.

Unless we sign one of the big name WR's, I expect a WR and/or TE with one of those first two picks.
I don't expect that with a WR. There will be some talent at WR in the 2nd and 3rd round if we go that route. I don't see enough separation between the talent of the top tier to 2nd tier guys at this point. I can make that argument for the top TE, though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
I like it.

I don't expect that with a WR. There will be some talent at WR in the 2nd and 3rd round if we go that route. I don't see enough separation between the talent of the top tier to 2nd tier guys at this point. I can make that argument for the top TE, though.
Which TE do you like in this draft if they were to target one in the first round?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
I like it.

Which TE do you like in this draft if they were to target one in the first round?
I like Ertz over Eifert, but I've seen Ertz play more. Both talented pass catchers and underrated blockers. Team one of these guys up with Kendricks, and we could create some nice mismatches.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
Team one of these guys up with Kendricks, and we could create some nice mismatches.
That's what I'm hoping for. If we're not gonna trot out two marquee wide receivers, then trot out two marquee tight-ends and tear apart the middle of the field. Of course I still hold out hope that Quick and Givens could be MORE than adequate creators of mismatches in their own rights.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
Team one of these guys up with Kendricks, and we could create some nice mismatches.
That's what I'm hoping for. If we're not gonna trot out two marquee wide receivers, then trot out two marquee tight-ends and tear apart the middle of the field. Of course I still hold out hope that Quick and Givens could be MORE than adequate creators of mismatches in their own rights.
I expect improvement from both those guys next year, but a big improvement from Quick. The talent is there. They need to get his head in the game. I think he'll be OK.