A closer look at Todd Gurley's latest performance/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
A closer look at Todd Gurley's latest performance
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...loser-look-at-todd-gurleys-latest-performance

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- There's no shortage of superlatives in the online world following St. Louis Rams running back Todd Gurley's latest performance, though if he continues at his current pace we're probably going to need a refill.

But after Gurley went for 128 yards and two touchdowns in a win against the Cleveland Browns, the fine folks right here at ESPN Stats & Information offered a deeper look at his big day. Pro Football Focus did the same.

In those two pieces, there's a little difference in the numbers on things like yards after contact, but either way there's no denying that Gurley showed why yards after contact was something he did so well at the University of Georgia.

Pro Football Focus had Gurley down for 11 broken tackles against the Browns, including three on his second touchdown run of the day. That was enough to earn him the highest grade for a running back from PFF this week.

It's also worth noting from the Stats & Info piece that Gurley had so much success on first down and has done that in each of his three big games. He's rushed for 107, 111 and 118 yards on first down in the past three games.

All of that adds up to an easy reason why Anita Marks says that Gurley is already one of the best options for fantasy players from week to week.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Sick. Snead hitting grand slams the last two drafts on human highlight reels that the league consistently overlooked. We may soon be adding TA & AO to that discussion, and JJ if he wisely decides to stay in GW's system.
Sure, it's too early to say this about Gurley, but after a few games last year watching AD, was there any doubt?

rams2050

Starter
I just hope some other team doesn't snatch Snead out right from under the Rams' noses.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I don't really care about stats, just want wins.
I can understand where you're coming from, ultimately Snead & Fisher's legacy comes down to the W column. A fourth consecutive .500 or lower season will put them squarely on the hotseat.
But after enduring the Vitt - Linehan - Spags eras, and squinting to find any spark of hope, it's been SO LONG since I've had any prospects of simply enjoying a Ram's game. This is the best they've been in a long time, though we may have seen something comparable last year had that Browns DT not draped himself on SB like a long lost child (in a PRE-SEASON game). I'll not be satisfied with an 8-8 or lower record, and if we don't make the playoffs I may start wondering if another coach might do better with this loaded roster. But for now, I'm going to enjoy the show.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A closer look at Todd Gurley's latest performance
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...loser-look-at-todd-gurleys-latest-performance

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- There's no shortage of superlatives in the online world following St. Louis Rams running back Todd Gurley's latest performance, though if he continues at his current pace we're probably going to need a refill.

But after Gurley went for 128 yards and two touchdowns in a win against the Cleveland Browns, the fine folks right here at ESPN Stats & Information offered a deeper look at his big day. Pro Football Focus did the same.

In those two pieces, there's a little difference in the numbers on things like yards after contact, but either way there's no denying that Gurley showed why yards after contact was something he did so well at the University of Georgia.

Pro Football Focus had Gurley down for 11 broken tackles against the Browns, including three on his second touchdown run of the day. That was enough to earn him the highest grade for a running back from PFF this week.

It's also worth noting from the Stats & Info piece that Gurley had so much success on first down and has done that in each of his three big games. He's rushed for 107, 111 and 118 yards on first down in the past three games.

All of that adds up to an easy reason why Anita Marks says that Gurley is already one of the best options for fantasy players from week to week.
Finally!! A nice piece by Wagoner. MAYBE the worm is turning!!