A benefit of living in the Midwest. Mushroom Season is here.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I haven't had time to go out hunting as of yet, but my future brother in law brought these by tonight. Enough for 2 meals. Hell, fried mushrooms are a meal in themselves. Gotta go get them sliced in half and start soaking in saltwater.. Peace.

04-29-14023.jpg

Last edited:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Fucking love morels. That's a good hull for one day if that's all it took him.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
freaking love morels. That's a good hull for one day if that's all it took him.

This is just a part of his cache. he found a total of like 128.. He knows some spots, I'll give him that. Took him roughly 1.5 hours. He hit a bonanza no doubt.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I wish he had some growing around here!. I have no life experiences going and finding mushrooms wild. That would be fun to do

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I don't even like mushrooms, but I like morels. Maybe it's because I grew up in the Midwest and grew up eating them.

Alas I live in New England now, no morels

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I totally thought you guys were talking about a different kind of Shrooms! :whistle:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah Bo...

These Midwestern Boys need to try the shrooms that sprout up in the cow patties.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah Bo...

These Midwestern Boys need to try the shrooms that sprout up in the cow patties.

We get them out here too Selassie.. lol

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I live in PA. I would have to drive about an hour and a half for Morels.

I settle for the local Mushrooms. We love the Oyster mushrooms. Black staining Polypores are fantastic. Chicken, or sulfur shelf is good if cooked right. Hen of the Woods is great, tastes like steak. Love Black Trumpeys but tough to find, Birch Boletes rock but are so small.

Still searching for King Boletes and Cualiflower mushrooms. My woods time had been limited with having small children to care for but soon I can start back up.