A 30,000 foot view of the Ram offseason, so far...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Prior to the draft, I think our needs were pretty much unanimously considered to be the following, and more or less in this order:

QB
WR
TE

So, what did they do? Traded up and got their version of the best QB in the draft. Some say in maybe a couple of drafts.

Even limited by having only 4 late picks left, they got Higbee (valued by many as a 2nd round value), and the developmental Hemingway.

Cooper and Thomas were steals at their respective picks. Then S&F signed an impressive group of UDFA's at WR. I mean, 4-5 of them, creating excellent competition at the position for camp and preseason. I could see 4 or more rookie WR's on the 53 come opening day.

Bottom line? They filled the most important and difficult to find position in football with Jared Goff. And then they devoted their remaining resources to give him a wide variety of quality targets.

From the vantage point of over 2 weeks of hindsight, it's hard to see how they could have done much better, given their circumstances.

This could be Snead's best draft job since he's been here. The improvement at QB, TE, and WR are gonna catch some early teams by surprise.

This ain't gonna be no 32nd ranked O, y'all. Lol.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Pretty tough to get upset at L&F the past couple drafts.
Last year, we were calling for oline. Some of us joked to take oline in every rnd. Heck, they almost did just that.

This year, it was all about Offense.
They didn't disappoint with their effort.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Goff was huge....but the o-line grabs of 2014-2015 will set us in a power position for years....

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The receivers they picked might be more for down the road. It isn't realistic for day three picks to make an impact in their first year. But like the line, they went out and got as much as they could and they might end up pretty good in a couple years.

Plus, if only one of those guys play well in their rookie seasons it will have worth it. If I had to pick one who I think could make an impact in year one, I would go with Cooper. He's versatile. Although Higbee has intriguing athletic ability. But I think the veterans will be ahead of him on the depth chart when the season starts.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Goff was huge....but the o-line grabs of 2014-2015 will set us in a power position for years....
Sorry, I don't think the OL is anywhere near fixed, but hey, that's JMHO.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
You may be right, but I'm fairly certain we have talent 2-deep in the OL. If Robinson gets his head on straight, we've got a pretty good O-line. I would've liked to see S&F draft one of the better C's this draft (like that guy out of Mizzou) but oh well.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Free safety was also on the list but giving up picks to get a QB there was no way to address everything. Amazing job regardless.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
After giving up all the picks we did, and looking very carefully at the players we Drafted, and the UDFA's we picked up. It's mind-blowing what a really good draft this appears to be!! I mean :wow::grouphug: It's going to be a Fun year!!:football::cheers:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It's all relative....In 2012, it seemed like we'd always tried to fix the line with older, more fragile FA's....this is the first year since then we haven't tried to do any of that....even tho a few advocated for a FA center....We stood tight on what we had coming back....continuity is half the problem with our line. With health, our top 5 should excel....and I love the young depth...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
64734343.jpg