9ers Harbaugh shows his TRUE colors

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

Ray McDonald to play 49ers' opener
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11471701/ray-mcdonald-san-francisco-49ers-play-season-opener

Ray McDonald, who was arrested early Sunday for suspicion of domestic violence, will play for the San Francisco 49ers in the season opener at Dallas, coach Jim Harbaugh announced Friday.

"As it stands now, yes," Harbaugh said.

"Two principles are woven together here. I feel like the way the facts are and what's known, that he has the liberty to play in the game."

McDonald, a starter at defensive tackle, has practiced all week after posting $25,000 bail Sunday afternoon. According to Harbaugh, he has been "fine" in practice, despite missing the first 19 minutes Wednesday and the first 40 minutes Thursday.

No charges have been filed against McDonald, and the 49ers, who have stated a zero-tolerance policy toward domestic violence, have also cited the need to respect due process. Harbaugh harkened the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution for reporters Wednesday.

49ers general manager Trent Baalke said earlier this week that the team, rather than the league, would handle potential discipline with McDonald.

Still, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced last week harsher penalties for league employees guilty of domestic violence -- six games for a first offense and a lifetime ban for a second.

But Goodell said Wednesday at a season kickoff event in Washington that he would act when the time is right.

"I think the first thing you have to do is let the process play out, get the facts and make sure you understand all the circumstances," Goodell said. "We don't [know the facts] right now, and we're obviously following it very closely. But the policy will be applied uniformly across players, coaches, executives, commissioners. I think we made that very clear in the policy."

McDonald also has a DUI on his record from 2010.

***One has to wonder if Harbaugh would be "citing the Fifth Amendment" if McDonald were a scrub? Actually no, we would NOT have to wonder if that were the case because he'd have been cut by now. Dude is a douche bag of the highest order.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
No charges have been filed against McDonald

That's the key right there.

I'm not saying he's innocent, but we are all ex convicts based on things we've been accused of doing.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Do we KNOW it wasn't self defense,is there no such thing in peoples minds ,

According to the Department of Justice study "Murder in the family":

- Women account for 40% of defendants in Spousal murders.
- Women are more likely to kill their children than are men.

And according to Alan Dershowitz's response to the study, the study's author didn't "compile" the data on whether women were treated more leniently than men when it came to spousal murder. He eventually had the author of the study forward him the "compiled" data, which according to him showed:

- Wives who kill their husbands are acquited 12.9% of the time, while men who kill their wives are acquited just 1.4% of the time.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/...HNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNARjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?qid=2

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
If there were no charges filed, then there's no reason to suspend him.

Harbaugh is a douche and there are a million reasons why, but this isn't one of them.

As horrible as the crime potentially was, the punishment is only 6 games, if time served doesn't count then why hold him out?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
If there were no charges filed, then there's no reason to suspend him.

Harbaugh is a douche and there are a million reasons why, but this isn't one of them.

At this moment I have to agree, if the prosecutor who has way more evidence than we do hasn't decided to charge him ,then demanding he be suspended is charging him with being a 49'r.

69superbowl

Rookie
New 49er policy: "Domestic violence is bad, but, uh, sort of OK during the season."

It reminds me of my grandfather's "selective hearing" when my grandmother would yell at him.

Harbaugh is a double talking douchebag and will implode one day.

I've no idea of the legal process, if charges aren't filled today does that mean charges won't be filled tomorrow (or Monday you know what I mean)?

fancents86

Starter
Do we KNOW it wasn't self defense,is there no such thing in peoples minds ,

According to the Department of Justice study "Murder in the family":

- Women account for 40% of defendants in Spousal murders.
- Women are more likely to kill their children than are men.

And according to Alan Dershowitz's response to the study, the study's author didn't "compile" the data on whether women were treated more leniently than men when it came to spousal murder. He eventually had the author of the study forward him the "compiled" data, which according to him showed:

- Wives who kill their husbands are acquited 12.9% of the time, while men who kill their wives are acquited just 1.4% of the time.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/...HNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNARjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?qid=2

Hey man, you know women are the lesser sex bro. They can't be held accountable for their actions and should always get a free pass when acting out of line. (Blue font)

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Hey man, you know women are the lesser sex bro. They can't be held accountable for their actions and should always get a free pass when acting out of line. (Blue font)

Unfortunately the implication of assuming McDonalds guilt is exactly what you are saying,but it'd be better said another way even in blue font because there are people who want what you say in order to facilitate a vehicle to power and will beat you to death for recognizing that.

fancents86

Starter
Unfortunately the implication of assuming McDonalds guilt is exactly what you are saying,but it'd be better said another way even in blue font because there are people who want what you say in order to facilitate a vehicle to power and will beat you to death for recognizing that.
I hear ya brother.

Why assume the woman was being violent? Maybe they were just hugging and McDonald slipped and accidentally moved his hands up to the woman's neck and was so shocked that he started to squeeze on her neck for a while.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If there's no charges, I don't see what the problem is really

This^ Right here I guess if Gus Bradley of the Jaguars did this, it would not be in the thread, but seriously this is the organization that kept playing Leonard Little and was that right? As a Head Coach IMO you allow due process to play its self out.

To suggest that Harbaugh is the wrong here is ludicrous IMO and I am of the philosophy that you should never strike a woman because if a woman hits me I can defend myself, if I hit a woman I can kill her plain and simple, however, with no charges filed is Harbaugh supposed to bench the player? Again if it was Gus Bradley there is no discussion.

And BTW I am of the opinion that JIm Harbaugh is one hell of a Football Coach, was in college and is in the NFL. I root against him every week and really hope that he moves on to the AFC, but he's one heck of a Football Coach and I really don't think that's debatable.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
$25,000 bond is pretty telling, though.
If he out on a $25000 Bond, charges have to have been filed! at least that's the way it is in California. So, if he's been charged, and with a zero-tolerance policy, I say suspend the guy pending out come of Trial!

iced

There's no way he hasn't been charged if he bonded out. The key to me is the amount. There are different levels of Domestic violence - one's that come with a 25,000 bond generally means the police had evidence to arrest and arraign him for it.... usually if they see marks or something.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Harbaugh is a dick head but I have to applaud this move because he is not caving in to the public's demands. You know what I mean...... like Goodell did.

........ this is why I have a problem with the new rule that was put in place its too draconian and its rife for abuse

fancents86

Starter
Lol
This^ Right here I guess if Gus Bradley of the Jaguars did this, it would not be in the thread, but seriously this is the organization that kept playing Leonard Little and was that right? As a Head Coach IMO you allow due process to play its self out.

To suggest that Harbaugh is the wrong here is ludicrous IMO and I am of the philosophy that you should never strike a woman because if a woman hits me I can defend myself, if I hit a woman I can kill her plain and simple, however, with no charges filed is Harbaugh supposed to bench the player? Again if it was Gus Bradley there is no discussion.

And BTW I am of the opinion that JIm Harbaugh is one hell of a Football Coach, was in college and is in the NFL. I root against him every week and really hope that he moves on to the AFC, but he's one heck of a Football Coach and I really don't think that's debatable.
you should meet some of the women I know. I'm 205 at 5'8 and I know some women who would beat the crap out of me if they wanted to.