9ers “borrowing” plays

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Anybody notice one of the plays SF scored on was one that Woods scored on before he got hurt, don’t remember what game.
Anyway, Woods is split wide and he comes in motion like a jet sweep, he pivots before he reaches the qb and is wide open in the flat for a pretty easy score. It worked just as well for them as it was a pretty easy td. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but still it sucks to have your own stuff used against you.
This Shanahan guy is pretty sharp.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anybody notice one of the plays SF scored on was one that Woods scored on before he got hurt, don’t remember what game.
Anyway, Woods is split wide and he comes in motion like a jet sweep, he pivots before he reaches the qb and is wide open in the flat for a pretty easy score. It worked just as well for them as it was a pretty easy td. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but still it sucks to have your own stuff used against you.
I did.

EastRam

Pro Bowler

Yup. Said it as soon as it happened.

Tushar

UDFA
Name
Tushar
Absolutely, that was a page from McVay's playbook. As CGI said, it really is a copycat league. The play where Gurley scored a big touchdown against the Cowboys was the exact same play the Chiefs ran against the Patriots in week 1. I also remember McVay saying he took note of some the wildcat and option play designs this season - I'm expecting some really interesting plays from our offense this postseason.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
Rams actually did the same thing to the Saints. Announcer called it as soon as it happened. Used their own play to score on them just like were going to do to the Falcons.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
People are letting Shanahan off pretty easy in this thread. You don't think he was sending a message to McVay that he's coming for you next year?

TexasRam

Legend
The Rams are being closely examined trust me. When you are the highest scoring team you get love.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

ninedeuce

Rookie
McVay actually admitted he got it from Adam Gase when the Dolphins ran it with Jarvis Landry 2 weeks before the we did.

bluecoconuts

Legend
People are letting Shanahan off pretty easy in this thread. You don't think he was sending a message to McVay that he's coming for you next year?

When he gets a QB that doesn't throw the ball to the other team I'll be more worried.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay himself had borrowed that play and others. Not a big deal.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Yeah, @ninedeuce is right, the Dolphins ran the same play in week 6. The Rams ran it in week 10. It is a copycat league. It shows that a coach, our coach, is adaptable and is always looking to improve. Something the last staff had difficulty with.

At about 3:57

TexasRam

Legend
When he gets a QB that doesn't throw the ball to the other team I'll be more worried.

Jimmy in 5 full games 6 TD 5 int
Projects to 18 td 15 int over 15 games

Goff in 15 games 28 TD 7 int

Jimmy has a long way to go folks.

Goff last 8 games 19TD 3 int projects to 38 TD 6 int over 16 game season.