9 Rams that may have played their last game for Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Here's my 2 cents...

Gotta make a hard run at TruJo. Don't want to compound the JJ mistake. We are not as strong or as deep at CB as I had thought going into '16. I do draw the line short of a second franchise tag figure, though. Gonna be kinda tricky to strike just the right balance here. Would much prefer to use our 2nd rounder on a DE rather than a CB.

Britt has earned a 3 year extension, imo. 1000 yards in this crappy O? He's been our only bright light on O this year. Pay him his $6-$7 million. There's nothing proven behind him right now. Can't enter the '17 season without his vet experience for Goff and the new coaching staff. It's not as if we have a bunch of scintillating WR's behind Britt just ready to take his place, huh? Even with Britt, WR is still a high offseason priority, imo.

Extend Benny. He won't be that expensive, anyway. His intangibles alone make him worth a reasonable contract.

Sign GZ for another 2-3 years. He's another who has earned it.

I'm on the fence regarding McDonald. I'm happy to let the new GM/HC make that call.

The rest? Yawn... I think they're probably goners.

As an aside, I would try to trade away Tavon and his damned contract. Only exception would be if an OC guru type HC were hired such as a Asshole Face or a Kyle Shanahan, and they were absolutely CONVINCED that they could turn Tavon into a legit consistent weapon. Up to now, nobody on the Rams staff has been able to do that.

I will also state the obvious, just for the record.

There will be a ton of new faces in Ram camp this summer beyond this list of FA's. There are very few current players that are locks to make the next 53 come September. Including some current starters.

TexasRam

Legend
I'm keeping Trumaine and the rest can walk unless they are cheap. Good Corners are just hard to find and they cost a lot so you budget for it.

I prioritize O-Line and go aggressively in Free agency if there are any pro bowl level guys to pay. I get two if possible.

We need to shift our focus from a defensive minded team to an offensive.

Rambo

UDFA
Cooper can replace Cunningham on kick returns, he has looked really good, but Im not sure there is anybody that can on third down and long. Can Green catch? I think I remember from preseason that he can. Brown is a good runner, so is Green.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
None of these Ram 2017 UFA's are worthy of serious considerations IMO. I do like RB Benny Cunningham.

/QUOTE]

I'm in the same think tank as you Bonifay....

I'm a bit concerned that without Tru resigned as one of the starting CB's there could be twice the issues in the secondary...... but when I think of what he might command in salary cap dollars I reconsider my thoughts for the long term... I still would prefer Tru to be signed long term but.... you know.... who knows ?

I'm in the same think tank as you Bonifay....

I'm a bit concerned that without Tru resigned as one of the starting CB's there could be twice the issues in the secondary...... but when I think of what he might command in salary cap dollars I reconsider my thoughts for the long term... I still would prefer Tru to be signed long term but.... you know.... who knows ?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Cooper can replace Cunningham on kick returns, he has looked really good, but Im not sure there is anybody that can on third down and long. Can Green catch? I think I remember from preseason that he can. Brown is a good runner, so is Green.

I'd like to see Gurley become a near every down workhorse next year, so he could take a lot of the snaps Benny would normally have. I don't know if he's not healthy or his conditioning is poor or what, but Gurley asks to come out of the game way too often to me, and hopefully he could play more next season. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations though.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Not opposed to letting any of them walk as long as there's a plan to replace them. They're all going to be overpaid and probably not worth their contracts.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Everything @BonifayRam says BUT the part about Joyner....Not one of these guys produced enough to keep at an exaggerated contract....Hell, I'm cutting some of the recently signed players too...and most should know who I'm looking at first.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Yep, he's struggled so far at times. It's definitely something he can work on and get better at, though. He's smart enough, he's willing and he's definitely got the physicality and size. Just takes a bit of practice, I'm confident he will get it.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
(S) T.J. McDonald (25)
A bone cruncher in the secondary, McDonald is entering the final year of his rookie deal. He’ll make more highlight reel hits than INT’s, but should definitely be in consideration to be re-signed, regardless of whether or not Gregg Williams sticks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-reckless-driving-involving-drugs-or-alcohol/

T.J. McDonald pleads guilty to reckless driving involving drugs or alcohol
Posted by Josh Alper on January 12, 2017

631421634-e1484225042868.jpg
Getty Images

Safety T.J. McDonald is set to become a free agent this offseason and the team that signs him for the 2017 season will likely have to make plans that don’t include him for part of the 2017 season.

McDonald was arrested last May after crashing into a parked car and initially charged with driving under the influence of drugs. Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times reports that McDonald resolved the case this week by pleading guilty to a misdemeanor count of reckless driving involving drugs or alcohol.

McDonald will serve three years of probation, pay a fine, complete a three-month alcohol program, attend 18 Narcotics Anonymous classes and perform 200 hours of community service. He was further sentenced to spend a month in a live-in residential drug program and make restitution to the owner of the car he crashed into. He will likely face discipline in the form of a two-game suspension from the league as well.

McDonald had 64 tackles and two interceptions while starting all 16 games for the Rams in 2016. He said he’d like to re-sign with the team, although any plans on that front will likely be on hold until the team figures out who will be their head coach.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-reckless-driving-involving-drugs-or-alcohol/

T.J. McDonald pleads guilty to reckless driving involving drugs or alcohol
Posted by Josh Alper on January 12, 2017

631421634-e1484225042868.jpg
Getty Images

Safety T.J. McDonald is set to become a free agent this offseason and the team that signs him for the 2017 season will likely have to make plans that don’t include him for part of the 2017 season.

McDonald was arrested last May after crashing into a parked car and initially charged with driving under the influence of drugs. Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times reports that McDonald resolved the case this week by pleading guilty to a misdemeanor count of reckless driving involving drugs or alcohol.

McDonald will serve three years of probation, pay a fine, complete a three-month alcohol program, attend 18 Narcotics Anonymous classes and perform 200 hours of community service. He was further sentenced to spend a month in a live-in residential drug program and make restitution to the owner of the car he crashed into. He will likely face discipline in the form of a two-game suspension from the league as well.

McDonald had 64 tackles and two interceptions while starting all 16 games for the Rams in 2016. He said he’d like to re-sign with the team, although any plans on that front will likely be on hold until the team figures out who will be their head coach.

TJ has been a good Strong Safety for the Rams when he been healthy. TJ pass defensive skills Back pack is pretty empty. TJ is not that much better now than his rookie season. Tj's first & often used skill that he is knows for his big hits without the final wrap. What I find totally missing in his back pack is a lack of agility & any pass defensive instincts. In the NFL today that is steadily trending to become even more wide-open TJ skills would be trending downward for teams needing to beef up their DB abilities. Gregg's defense constantly gave up first downs to throws where TJ was defending or had in part a responsibility to stop the offense in those throws.

TJ best season was back 2 yrs ago in 2014 when he started 16 games that resulted in 105 tacks & 2 sacks this season he had only 64 tacks & 1 sack. TJ has been on the IR twice in 4 yrs too. What I have seen this season over & over is where TJ is easily eluded in the open field by quicker receivers either they be RB's/TE's or WR's. Another wart on him has been where he gets frozen & fooled by play action over & over again.

Rams will have a new DC who will look analyze our under contracted DB's & will look at these DB's in a much different way that GW did. IMO the truth is Mo Alexander is a better overall safety than TJ already. Mo is by far more in the box skills than roaming deep in coverage skills. Mo has started for most of the last two seasons. Mo with TJ gone is an upgrade to the Rams defensive backfield @ that one post.

Members may cry as to which Ram DB will end up @ deep safety?...Cody Davis, EJ Gaines & Lamarcus Joyner are already easy cures for that problem....then there are other signed safeties too like Blake Countess, Brian Randolph, Marqui Christian & Isaiah Johnson. So the Rams new DC has plenty of youthful FS prospects to look at. I see no need to throw cap funds in the safety unit with much bigger needs @ OL'ers, CB's, WR's & DE speed rushers.