9 games left...4 wins possible?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Tavon, Stacy, Cook, Quick, Givens, Kendricks.... We still got players!

EDIT: But I'm with you. It's looking grim without Sam throwing the ball.
But someone has to get these guys the ball, and that someone has to do it without giving-up turnovers and negative plays. I simply don't see enough positive versus negative plays in this current offensive lineup employing Schotty's scheme.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't want to say anything negative. I hope we win every game. But Clemens...Oh man. He hasn't proved he can play in this league and we have some tough games ahead. Let's just say everyone has to step up. On offense and defense. If I'm Shotty, I really use Clemens mobility to our advantage. Teams will try and key on the run. I think he has to use roll outs to some degree. Shake it up. Use Tavon out of the backfield. If we become one dimensional and obvious it will be a tough road.

So we are counting on Schotty to be creative?

We're screwed.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
One thing clemens has going for him is that he likes to throw the ball downfield. Our lines is better than it was in 2011, plus clemens likes to run so I can see him making some magic happen if he can be semi accurate. But I do expect him to throw double digit picks.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
9 games ... 9 games people. Obviously these are depressing times, but the Defense is playing better, and shit happens, even to teams we play. We're going to have to win some defensive struggles, but it can be done.

Gotta have faith. The alternative is too depressing.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Suck for draft campaigns are probably the thing I hate most about the NFL. How can you expect to change the temperament of a team when a losing mindset becomes ossified in the previous season? You should always play to win.

WvuIN02

Starter
Gotta agree with Stranger.

I think 2 wins out of 9 is optimistic given Clemens being one of the worst backups in the NFL.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I understand the skepticism regarding Clemens, but given the hell known as the 2011 season and him performing OK for a guy coming off the street and immediately starting, I'll think he'll be a lot better this time.

iced

wow...bears & the cards is all i see as "competitive" games

Lesson

Oh, really?
wow...bears & the cards is all i see as "competitive" games

You don't see the Rams beating a winless Bucs team in St. Louis? Unless you mean that game is a blow out in the Rams favor, which I think is possible.

Or what about the Titans who have lost 3 straight playing in St. Louis? Those games seem to be easier than the others, IMO, but things can change with how other teams are impacted by injuries in the upcoming weeks.

I am feeling a victory. Time to win on MNF for the first time in years

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Can Kellen get 4 Ws? That's all that's needed for me, to be a realistic and "successful" season w/ all the shyte that's gone on.

Here's the rest of the schedule-

Seaworms- L

Titans- W

@ Colts- L, but let's hope to make it competitive since they lost Reggie Wayne.

Bears- W, the wild card, especially w/ Jay Cutler out.

@ 49ers- L, sucks but it will be competitive

@ Cards- W, Carson Palmer vs. Kellen Clemens.

Saints- L, too much offense and a much improved defense.

Bucs- W, c'mon the Rams are the better team.

@ seaworms- L...freakin shyte.

That should put us @ 7-9, sub .500 but better than double digit losses. I think the overall team is talented enough to make up for Sam's absence, they just have to execute. It can be done. 4 Ws...that's the goal for me. Four.

Now the other question is would you be satisfied w/ that record, or prefer the better draft pick. B/c in the grand scheme of things, 7-9 is still a losing record, no playoffs, and just marginally better than 5-11, 6-10. Me, I'm all for the Ws. Get as many as possible.

If we win 7 games this year..........I'm in for a parade!

iced

You don't see the Rams beating a winless Bucs team in St. Louis? Unless you mean that game is a blow out in the Rams favor, which I think is possible.

Or what about the Titans who have lost 3 straight playing in St. Louis? Those games seem to be easier than the others, IMO, but things can change with how other teams are impacted by injuries in the upcoming weeks.

I am feeling a victory. Time to win on MNF for the first time in years

sorry, meant Bears & Bucs, not cards

Titans will have Jake Locker back - gotta see how he is on the road.
but for every game we go into - we will probably have the lesser qb...and our running game hasn't been dominant enough to carry this offense

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I'm a little cranky these days so you will have to forgive me. First off make it clear I am a SB fan. But shyte how many games did you expect to win with Bradford and the sloppy arse style of play we were seeing? Execute the friggin plays without somebody doing something stupid and you will win just as many games with Clemons as you would have with Sam if you kept playing the way you were. Keep playing that way with Clemons and you might not win another game. Straighten the hell up I think is the bigger issue moving forward here and you can do that with or without SB. And any talk of losing for better draft picks I really will get upset. We have the talent on this team to be really good-how the hell many top picks do fans think it takes? Stop and think it over. If all it took was high picks we would be in the superbowl. Gel as a team THIS year. use those top two picks to solidify your OL for the next 10 years (see SF 2010 draft) and lets get this thing headed for a playoff run next year. Bradford aint your problem.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
1 WIN thats it guys, its time to say "DRAFT PICKS in 2014" 2 #1's!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigup:

iced

I'm a little cranky these days so you will have to forgive me. First off make it clear I am a SB fan. But shyte how many games did you expect to win with Bradford and the sloppy arse style of play we were seeing? Execute the friggin plays without somebody doing something stupid and you will win just as many games with Clemens as you would have with Sam if you kept playing the way you were. Keep playing that way with Clemens and you might not win another game. Straighten the hell up I think is the bigger issue moving forward here and you can do that with or without SB. And any talk of losing for better draft picks I really will get upset. We have the talent on this team to be really good-how the hell many top picks do fans think it takes? Stop and think it over. If all it took was high picks we would be in the superbowl. Gel as a team THIS year. use those top two picks to solidify your OL for the next 10 years (see SF 2010 draft) and lets get this thing headed for a playoff run next year. Bradford aint your problem.

Bradford being out is the problem.

I don't think people understand how big the drop off from him to Clemens is going to be.. There isn't a brandon lloyd here to bail out Clemens' wildly inaccruate throws either. This is not as simple as "execute the plays" anymore - when you have an accurate quarterback, that's possible....

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Bradford being out is the problem.

I don't think people understand how big the drop off from him to Clemens is going to be.. There isn't a brandon lloyd here to bail out Clemens' wildly inaccruate throws either. This is not as simple as "execute the plays" anymore - when you have an accurate quarterback, that's possible....

So, other than Sam, you were satisfied with the play of the Rams the first 7 games?

iced

So, other than Sam, you were satisfied with the play of the Rams the first 7 games?

after the shift in offensive philosophy change, yea i was... they moved ball constantly against the panthers d, and i wouldnt be surprised if bradford stays in or healthy if we would have rallied...we were moving the ball well and pretty consistently

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
after the shift in offensive philosophy change, yea i was... they moved ball constantly against the panthers d, and i wouldnt be surprised if bradford stays in or healthy if we would have rallied...we were moving the ball well and pretty consistently

This is a discussion so don't get me wrong I care more about this team than I ought to. But I kept notes on the game. I made two lists. One for plays above and beyond normal execution that gave us a better chance to win. And another list for plays that were a failure to execute and hurt our chances to lose. Before I quit when Sam got hurt it was 12-4 in the bad direction. And those 12 plays were by 11 different players. I agree we were moving the ball and the talent is absolutely there to win. But it isn't going to happen no matter who the qb is until we clean up the repeated errors made by the entire team. Thats my point. Clemons is barely a #2 qb in this league but you can still win some games if you straighten up the un-forced errors. If not you will struggle to play .500 even if you had Peyton Manning.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This is a discussion so don't get me wrong I care more about this team than I ought to. But I kept notes on the game. I made two lists. One for plays above and beyond normal execution that gave us a better chance to win. And another list for plays that were a failure to execute and hurt our chances to lose. Before I quit when Sam got hurt it was 12-4 in the bad direction. And those 12 plays were by 11 different players. I agree we were moving the ball and the talent is absolutely there to win. But it isn't going to happen no matter who the qb is until we clean up the repeated errors made by the entire team. Thats my point. Clemens is barely a #2 qb in this league but you can still win some games if you straighten up the un-forced errors. If not you will struggle to play .500 even if you had Peyton Manning.
Agreed. We can still manage to stay competitive without Bradford, but not if failures in execution keep happening in key situations. All teams have drops, and penalties, and execution lapses, but I don't know of many that have them happen in the absolute worst time and place with such regularity. I remember after Tavon's TD, looking up at the screen and waiting for the yellow graphic to show up. It sure as hell did. Clemens is going to have a tough road to hoe if he's also in the unenviable position of starting at his own 11 yard line while having any successful plays he makes negated by foolish mistakes.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
The grim fella in me wants to say that we're going to fail and it's gonna suck, but the overbearing homer in me says that after Clemens stinks it up a bit we'll rally around Davis and play good football.