8to12 First Mock of season (brief)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I wanted to express some positions that I think are a concern. I will show a Mock I did this evening @ Fanspeak.com ...

1) WR- I believe we have talent in the existing corp of receivers. However, between Britt & Quick, one needs to be supplanted by a more dominating player. Also, as much as I like Steadman, he may never play again.

2) TE - I believe this position outside of Harkey's consistency of blocking and minimal receiving production, may be the biggest need on the team beside QB. I thought Kendricks would emerge as the top performer here but did not. And, I have to say it is time to put an end to the Jared Cook experiment.

3) Linebacker - I think Lauranaitas' playing days have passed him by. He no longer can plug holes, get off of blocks, and make tackles near the LOS. Also, Ogletree's performance was inconsistent in my eyes. Even though he had the high amount of tackles, he was out of place on many plays or took himself completely out of others. I'm not saying he needs to be replaced, but we need a quality OLB on the depth chart in case this pattern continues into next season.

Below I have drafted 2 players for each of the 3 positions above to help overhaul.

My other picks are a QB to provide competition with Mannion, a CB to provide depth in case we lose either Jenkins or Johnson, and a rotational OT ; I don't believe Donnal is the answer.

I traded down with the Jets in the First round and acquired an extra 3rd & 4th round selection. Also traded down with the Raiders in Rnd 4 to acquire an extra 6th ;

20: R1P20

OLB JAYLON SMITH
NOTRE DAME

43: R2P12

WR TYLER BOYD
PITTSBURGH

45: R2P14

TE O.J. HOWARD
ALABAMA

76: R3P13

OT DENVER KIRKLAND
ARKANSAS

83: R3P20

QB KEVIN HOGAN
STANFORD

107: R4P12

CB ARTIE BURNS
MIAMI (FLA.)

131: R5P4

WR LEONTE CARROO
RUTGERS

172: R6P15

ILB CASSANOVA MCKINZY
AUBURN

176: R6P19

TE JERELL ADAMS
SOUTH CAROLINA

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I like it but think Carroo and McKinzy will both go in at least round 3 if not before.
Also dont want Howard, he is Cook 2.0.
Dont want Hogan either, he has the mentality, but his elongated throwing motion is Tebowesque and not sure he can fix it.
Also dont see us drafting another 0-linemen that early after the many we drafted last season.

I do like the Smith, Boyd and Carroo picks though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll be quite angry if we don't address the QB position until the 3rd round.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'll be quite angry if we don't address the QB position until the 3rd round.

Me too. If it came to the third round and we didn't already draft one, I wouldn't even bother. We have a third round QB already on the team. It's first round or bust for me in that regard.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I liked your thoughts on the position weaknesses but I didn't follow the logic on JL. It says to me the Rams really need MLB, not OLB. The OLB is in good shape, especially with AO coming back and now that one of the OLB positions is going to be a hybrid type like Barron from now on (I think).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and a rotational OT ; I don't believe Donnal is the answer.

To add to other concerns about the draft a rotational OT isn't a need. We have Isaiah Battle and Darryl Williams. Not to mention Garrett Reynolds if so Donnal is our 6th OT.

TexasRam

Legend
I just created a new acronym: BOPA

It stands for Best Offensive Player Available.

Rams fans need to get real familiar with this acronym and used it over and over until draft day. Because if we don't make drastic changes on the offensive side in free agency and the early parts of the draft we are going to be watching the same inept offense again next year.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Bama TE is staying in school. I am in the camp we need to be aggressive in getting our future QB in Rd 1. Wentz is my #1 choice For what it's worth. Moving up to pick a top 2 QB prospect on Snead board is a must! I'm banging the table for Wentz this early in the process.