8 to 12 Post Senior Bowl, mid-SuperBowl, Pre-dinner Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Most are watching the Superbowl right now, but I have no interest. I'm still in pissed-off mode over Rams loss to the Falcons. My intent is to upgrade the Defense, especially the LB Corp. The offense was so good in 2017 that it masked many of the weaknesses of the Rams defense. The run defense has to improve in order to get past the Wild Card or Divisional rounds in the future.

Cuts
:
ILB Mark Barron
WR Tavon Austin

RE-Sign/Extend:
DT Aaron Donald
DT Tryrunn Walker
CB Nickell Robey-Coleman
S Lamarcus Joyner
S Cody Davis
C John Sullivan
WR Sammy Watkins
CB Troy Hill ERFA
Matt Longacre RFA
RB Malcolm Brown ERFA
LS Jake McQuaid

Free Agency:
DT Beau Allen (Eagles) 6'4" - 327 lbs ; per PFF, highest ranked DT against the Run of UFA's but can also Push the pocket, unlike MItch Unrein from the Bears. Immediate starter at NT.
CB Rashaan Melvin (Colts) 6'2" - 195 lbs ; per PFF, has one the lowest QB rating against among available UFA's, is also a solid run defender and good tackler. He has the same size as Trumaine and becomes his replacement.
ILB Anthony Hitchens (Cowboys) 6'1" - 235 lbs ; Hitchens was one of the best LB'ers defending the run this past season. As much as the Cowboys want to keep him, they have bigger fish to fatten, ie Demarcus Lawrence, David Irving, and Zack Martin. I think he can be locked up for a little more than 3-Mil guaranteed per season. He will be the starter in the Base defense.
SS Bradley McDougald (Seahawks) 6'1" - 209 lbs ; Mc Dougald is a UFA again after spending 1 season with the Seahawks. He has almost the highest Run-Stop percentage among UFA Safties. He will be a solid back up for John Johnson

NFL Draft:
I have 2 trades proposed:
1) Trade down with the Giants ; #23 & #151 for their 2nd Rnd #34 & 3rd Rnd #66
2) Trade down with the Jets ; #66 for their 3rd Rnd #72 & 5th Rnd # 148

2nd Rnd - #34 Rashaan Evans LB Alabama

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWryYBBAylE

3rd Rnd - #72 Lorenzo Carter OLB/Edge Georgia

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlSjTe0zuE

3rd Rnd - #87 James Daniels C Iowa

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n06fJ5U-CH8

4th Rnd - #119 Duke Dawson CB Florida

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25sNQ5KK6I8

5th Rnd - #148 Ian Thomas TE Indiana

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF_CgpnRBnM

6th Rnd - #180 Darius Leonard LB South Carolina St

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AWMn2kZ3r0

6th Rnd - #181 Kameron Kelly CB San Diego St

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nqT9eyIU7c

PRojected Starters:

Offense same as before

Defense:
SDE: Michael Brockers
NT: Beau Allen
DT: Aaron Donald
WOLB: Robert Quinn
WILB: Alec Ogletree
SILB: Anthony Hitchens / Rashaan Evans (situational)
SOLB: Lorenzo Carter
LCB: Rashaan Melvin
RCB: Kayvon Webster / Duke Dawson
SLCB: Nickell Robey-Coleman
FS: LaMarcus Joyner
SS: John Johnson III

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting mock. Does Melvin's lack of a track record not worry you? Also, I think Duke Dawson is more of a NFL slot CB. Beau Allen is an interesting pick. He's a guy who I have also pondered over at NT. Dontari Poe is another. I also think that Rashaan Evans would definitely start for us if he were the pick.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
"DT Beau Allen (Eagles) 6'4" - 327 lbs ; per PFF, highest ranked DT against the Run of UFA's"

Nope, I believe that distinction belongs to Justin Ellis of the Raiders, the guy I've had as my mock free agent NT pick for a few weeks now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NFL Draft:
I have 2 trades proposed:
1) Trade down with the Giants ; #23 & #151 for their 2nd Rnd #34 & 3rd Rnd #66
2) Trade down with the Jets ; #66 for their 3rd Rnd #72 & 5th Rnd # 148

So first off nice job with the overall plan. I love the draft you put up, don't necessarily know that we could get the guys where you list them but if we did I would love you as a GM. Evans/Carter/Thomas/Leonard alone would be an insanely good draft let alone some of the others on top.

Trade down IMO has a good chance of happening. Just depends on who slides to 23, there will be a plus player or two there but will they be need positions and/or enough to counter what we get in a move down. I really like the group of players that looks like they'll be there in the upper half of round 2, and adding a round 3 pick would be great.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Interesting mock. Does Melvin's lack of a track record not worry you? Also, I think Duke Dawson is more of a NFL slot CB. Beau Allen is an interesting pick. He's a guy who I have also pondered over at NT. Dontari Poe is another. I also think that Rashaan Evans would definitely start for us if he were the pick.

Not really ... he has 3 years of experience and has improved each year ; he's now in his prime. You may be right about Dawson about being more of a Slot CB, but I Love his game. He has that aggressiveness that I used to see in J.Jenkins.
Last, with Evans, you're getting a LB who has experience rushing the QB from the Edge along with blitzing.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
"DT Beau Allen (Eagles) 6'4" - 327 lbs ; per PFF, highest ranked DT against the Run of UFA's"

Nope, I believe that distinction belongs to Justin Ellis of the Raiders, the guy I've had as my mock free agent NT pick for a few weeks now.

Hmmmm.... I used PFF UFA guide book as my source and they have Ellis ranked 11th I think. And, I should correct my statement, Allen was the 2nd best.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Hmmmm.... I used PFF UFA guide book as my source and they have Ellis ranked 11th I think. And, I should correct my statement, Allen was the 2nd best.

How recent is your guide book ? I just went to the website and found that Allen was ranked #71 out of the 122 DT's which were graded last season. His run defense grade was 73.3. His overall score was 75.9.

Ellis ranked #45 out of the 122 with a run defense grade of 84.7. Overall score was 80.6.

Admittedly, Allen does score higher as a pass rusher than Ellis and his overall score is more balanced, but while i'm looking at Ellis starting, he'd be rotating with Westbrooks and/or Walker who are much better as pass rushers than as run blockers.

Allen is an interesting pick, but I wanted to point out that PFF, if you are going to use them, has Ellis ranked higher as a run defender & overall.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
How recent is your guide book ? I just went to the website and found that Allen was ranked #71 out of the 122 DT's which were graded last season. His run defense grade was 73.3. His overall score was 75.9.

Ellis ranked #45 out of the 122 with a run defense grade of 84.7. Overall score was 80.6.

Admittedly, Allen does score higher as a pass rusher than Ellis and his overall score is more balanced, but while i'm looking at Ellis starting, he'd be rotating with Westbrooks and/or Walker who are much better as pass rushers than as run blockers.

Allen is an interesting pick, but I wanted to point out that PFF, if you are going to use them, has Ellis ranked higher as a run defender & overall.

We must be looking at different parts of the site..... Here is what I'm using....

upload_2018-2-5_19-48-57.png