8 Teams Eligible For Hard Knocks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The Rams have one of the smallest fan bases in the NFL. Anything that could get people into the team would help fill up the stadium on Sundays as well.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Ask and ye shall receive.

2001 - Ravens: 10-6 (lost div) [28.0 yrs]
2002 - Cowboys: 5-11 [25.6 yrs]
2007 - Chiefs: 4-12 [27.3 yrs]
2008 - Cowboys: 9-7 [26.8 yrs]
2009 - Bengals: 10-6 (lost wc) [26.4]
2010 - Jets: 11-5 (lost conf) [26.1 yrs]
2012 - Dolphins: 7-9 [25.7 yrs]
2013 - Bengals: 11-5 (lost wc) [25.8 yrs]

2013 - Rams: 7-9 [25.1]
Thanks Paulie! Once again, no correlation with the younger teams "suffering" more. Maybe I'm way off base on this.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, but if a team doesn't volunteer, it then comes down to selection

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I think the "distraction" argument is very much an overblown media built argument.

The Jets made it to the AFC Championship with that distraction...not to mention with the "distraction" of a Revis holdout, Rex Ryan as coach, being in NY to start with, a young QB, etc, etc, etc.

I think it would be fun.
Not saying this isn't true, but if it isn't why is HBO having such a hard time finding participants?

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not saying this isn't true, but if it isn't why is HBO having such a hard time finding participants?
I think a lot of guys look at it like Harrison did last year. It's an earned privilege to get to see inside of an nfl team. And we didn't earn it

Sum1

Hall of Fame

That's a good point. And I think what you are saying is that the coaches/teams don't want to go on it because of the "distraction" element. In that regard I guess I see it. But I think it could also just be a case that the coaches and players don't want the added exposure rather than the "distraction". Or perhaps they just don't want to be on a reality show because they are different at practice than they are at home.

My company was once approached about a reality show concept (that never materialized)...we all thought in the long run it would be fun and probably good for business...but we also knew there were things we said and did around each other that probably would take a lot of explaining at home...and things we'd have to self-censor so that certain clients didn't hear what we thought about them or others hearing our sailor mouths, etc.

Now, I guess you can say that is a "distraction"...but I think that kind of distraction is more of a personal annoyance than it is something that will hurt the progression of a team.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Young team + Hard Knocks = Distraction and failure.

Pass.
Ya know IMO it's more how the coach handles it ,if he goes Jerry Jones then it's a recipe for disaster ,if he uses it to challenge his team to grow up in front of the cameras it can be no problem,JMO every thing EVERYTHING is an opportunity HOW you handle it is the greatest determinant,I think Fisher is the perfect ,who gives a shit if the cameras are here coach, call it a man crush , JMO he's a pro and as long as his owner has his back ,he's gonna produce quality

jjab360

Legend
You guys aren't giving our players enough credit, imo. Most of these guys were superstars in college that are used to being in front of cameras, they're on national television every Sunday for crying out loud.

I don't think it would be that much of a distraction and I really wanna see what happens behind the scenes in my favorite team's locker room.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
That's a good point. And I think what you are saying is that the coaches/teams don't want to go on it because of the "distraction" element. In that regard I guess I see it. But I think it could also just be a case that the coaches and players don't want the added exposure rather than the "distraction". Or perhaps they just don't want to be on a reality show because they are different at practice than they are at home.

My company was once approached about a reality show concept (that never materialized)...we all thought in the long run it would be fun and probably good for business...but we also knew there were things we said and did around each other that probably would take a lot of explaining at home...and things we'd have to self-censor so that certain clients didn't hear what we thought about them or others hearing our sailor mouths, etc.

Now, I guess you can say that is a "distraction"...but I think that kind of distraction is more of a personal annoyance than it is something that will hurt the progression of a team.
Perhaps it's the "Reality Show" label that scares me. I'm just not a fan of "Reality" shows.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Perhaps it's the "Reality Show" label that scares me. I'm just not a fan of "Reality" shows.
Hard Knocks is about the only one I do/did like...(I no longer have HBO, but I'd find a way to watch it if the Rams are on it).

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Hard Knocks is about the only one I do/did like...(I no longer have HBO, but I'd find a way to watch it if the Rams are on it).
In spite of my reservations I'd sign up as well!

RamEERS

Pastor
didnt fisher already do one with the titans one year?

(quality sucks but its a good laugh)

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I remember him doing that. I think this team would be great to watch.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Whoever is holding that camera, im guessing, is in the middle of a seizure

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

That's an interesting angle. Probably has a lot of merit too.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

I can see that as a very good option. I know if cameras followed my staff and myself around, we would all be fired. Im guessing every rule there is as far as how we treat each other and talk about our customers gets broken daily. Not to mention to dumb shit we talk about and how we say it. And for anyone who has every been in a locker room, you know, shit isnt exactly pc in there.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
It seems strange to me that the league is forcing teams to do this. Doesn't the NFL get enough exposure already?

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It seems strange to me that the league is forcing teams to do this. Doesn't the NFL get enough exposure already?
Apparently not, they are gonna Desean Jackson that bitch and make as much money while they can. Lol

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't think there has been a season yet where a team didn't eventually volunteer. Unfortunately, I doubt the NFL wants the Rams on this anyway. Small market and probably one of the smallest fan bases out there. GODell is all about ratings!!