8 Teams Eligible For Hard Knocks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Would absolutely HATE it! Way too much distraction, particularly for such a young team. I much prefer Coach O's camp reports that this circus sideshow.

PhxRam

I enjoy watching other teams train wreck.

This teams primary focus should be on details.

If Fisher needs to take this team to Siberia to work out like Rocky, then let it be so.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just like to see inside of it all. I would much rather see it, then read some dudes report personally. Different strokes for different folks. I love the raw all accessibility of it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They don't pull enough pranks now? Wait until they know the cameras are rolling.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Maybe the added exposure would actually help our young team grow up faster? I don't know.

I tend to believe it would be a distraction though, but who knows.

It would certainly be must watch TV for this guy. So there is a little bit of me actually hoping that the Rams get selected.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I just like to see inside of it all. I would much rather see it, then read some dudes report personally. Different strokes for different folks. I love the raw all accessibility of it.
Don't get me wrong, I'd add HBO to my TV package as soon as it was announced and watch every minute. I just don't like it from the distraction for the team point of view.

PhxRam

Maybe the added exposure would actually help our young team grow up faster? I don't know.

I tend to believe it would be a distraction though, but who knows.

It would certainly be must watch TV for this guy. So there is a little bit of me actually hoping that the Rams get selected.

Is it a selection process or more of a volunteer process?

PhxRam

Ok I read the article.

Kind of fucked up to force a team to participate though.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
They don't pull enough pranks now? Wait until they know the cameras are rolling.
I could only imagine. But as long as they are focusing at practice, I don't care.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hard Knocks seasons and the team's season record after the fact:

2001 - Ravens: 10-6 (lost div)
2002 - Cowboys: 5-11
2007 - Chiefs: 4-12
2008 - Cowboys: 9-7
2009 - Bengals: 10-6 (lost wc)
2010 - Jets: 11-5 (lost conf)
2012 - Dolphins: 7-9
2013 - Bengals: 11-5 (lost wc)

I see no clear correlation between that show and the team's relative success (or lack thereof)

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Hard Knocks seasons and the team's season record after the fact:

2001 - Ravens: 10-6 (lost div)
2002 - Cowboys: 5-11
2007 - Chiefs: 4-12
2008 - Cowboys: 9-7
2009 - Bengals: 10-6 (lost wc)
2010 - Jets: 11-5 (lost conf)
2012 - Dolphins: 7-9
2013 - Bengals: 11-5 (lost wc)

I see no clear correlation between that show and the team's relative success (or lack thereof)
And I would not expect there to be one. I just feel that for "this" team, at "this" stage in their development the additional exposure would have a high possibility of interfering with the progress.

I don't have the time (or am too lazy) to look into the relative ages of the teams who participated in the past but I think that may be an interesting piece to this question.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't either, I think Fisher would handle it well.

tonyl711

Starter
too young of a team to have the distractions. hell I say send them back to some backwoods town so their minds are on nothing but football.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
They are an up and coming team, it may be good for them. If they are going to be a big named team like we hope, they need to get used to the cameras. Plus, it will help us get more coverage

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Sooner or later we will apparently be forced into it. Glad to see that there doesn't seem to be a correlation with being on the show and then sucking.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And I would not expect there to be one. I just feel that for "this" team, at "this" stage in their development the additional exposure would have a high possibility of interfering with the progress.

I don't have the time (or am too lazy) to look into the relative ages of the teams who participated in the past but I think that may be an interesting piece to this question.
Ask and ye shall receive.

2001 - Ravens: 10-6 (lost div) [28.0 yrs]
2002 - Cowboys: 5-11 [25.6 yrs]
2007 - Chiefs: 4-12 [27.3 yrs]
2008 - Cowboys: 9-7 [26.8 yrs]
2009 - Bengals: 10-6 (lost wc) [26.4]
2010 - Jets: 11-5 (lost conf) [26.1 yrs]
2012 - Dolphins: 7-9 [25.7 yrs]
2013 - Bengals: 11-5 (lost wc) [25.8 yrs]

2013 - Rams: 7-9 [25.1]

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think the "distraction" argument is very much an overblown media built argument.

The Jets made it to the AFC Championship with that distraction...not to mention with the "distraction" of a Revis holdout, Rex Ryan as coach, being in NY to start with, a young QB, etc, etc, etc.

I think it would be fun.