8/16 bubba's Answers To Q's in Report Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Before I post my short conversation with DeMarco Farr. I'll try to answer the Q's posted in yesterday's TC thread.
Thx everyone, for your kind words on my report. I'm a bit overwhelmed. I'm a PC dummy (self taught), my skills are limited, so bear with me as I try to answer your Q's in the order they were posted. I don't know how to put up the Q first so I'll just answer as best I can.

MFaulk- All 3 QB's look good to me, they made mistakes, but all looked comfortable and confident. Sean Mannion impressed me the most. Can the Rams really have 3 capable starters?

Mojo- On QB snaps under C. Great question, because I didn't get into that on my report. They did this thing with a bunji cord tied around their waist, they lined up under C, and when the ball was snapped, a trainer 10 feet behind him, stretched to bunji cord, making the QB have a harder time setting his stance for a throw. Left me scratching my head as I had no idea how that drill helped the QB. Hopefully someone here can explain it. Anyway they practiced that for about 20 min. Centers were, Barnes, Folkerts, Rhaney and Kush. QB's rotated after every 3 snaps.

KurtFaulk-- On cooking shrimp. Only one way to cook shrimp, with garlic, butter and coconut.

Dx- I thin Fisher wants all 3 QB's comfortable running the 1st team offense, looked to me in all the drills they shared equal time with the ones. On Hill. Very good 1st contact off the line, disrupting the WR from going into his route and sticks pretty good with his man, but had trouble with the bigger WR;s, Britt, Quick. Hill is going to move up the depth chart at DB. Gaines looked rusty, slow in his backpedle, but hell, his1st practice in over a year.

LAChamp- DB's and WR's spent a lot of time against each other. GW, Fisher, and several other coaches overseeing and a lot of yelling and arm waving. I was too far away to hear what was being said, but it was apparent both DB's and WR's were being coached up. They started the drill with 2 WR's (like in the slot) and 2 DB;s across the line ( and NOT 5 or 10 yds off like in the cowboy game). Damn I was pleased to see that! A whistle started the drill and DB's went right after the WR. Another whistle stopped the drill.the point of the practice? I'm guessing, for WR's go get a step on DB off the line, for DB's to jam up WR and disrupt the route. DB's were playing TIGHT. They did this for almost 1/2 hr. Guys were dripping sweat and gulping Gatorade after, and Fisher and GW patting guys on the back Oh, the best DB in this drill? TruJo and Roberson. Best WR? Quick and Britt.

someone asked who started 11 on 11's- Keenum did, but again, they all got reps with the 1st team.

Lots of Q's about Battle- This guy is big. He doesn't look like your typical OLineman. No gut or fat ass. Guy just looks very athletic. Quick on his feet and very fluid looking. You can tell he's very raw and unskilled at T though. Battle is going to start when he learns how to play. probably the strongest guy of the OL, maybe even the team (watch out Donald). Watching him put Simms on his ass was the highlight of my day, and Simms didn;t take it very well. If Simms gets cut it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

43-- On Ogletree. Tree was very vocal all day in whatever drill they were doing. He looks to be taking a leadership role. when they were too far away and I couln;t hear, I could see him waving his arms, pointing, a lot of huddling with 2 or4 of the other lb;s I liked what I saw from Ogletree both in his play and in his leadership.

After one pre-season game and attending one practice I'm not making any predictions on the Rams season. Its apparent to me there is a lot talent and players seem to be excited and buy in to Fisher and his staff. What stood out was the OL and DL. Great competition between the two, lots of pushing and shoving and angry words during drills, but all of them walking off together after practice. I think it bodes well for the Rams season if these two lines stay injury free.

Great Q's. Made me remember and post more of what I saw. sorry if I missed someone's Q. Remember, this is all just my opinion. I tried to be accurate posting what I saw. I'm sure not all will agree with my assesments. For me, I kinda feel like I'm giving back. For over 10 years I depended on other folks to go to TC and post reports. the Rev, coachO, FloridaRam, RAMZEE and many others from different forums. I know a lot of you from other forums, and like you, I scour the internet for anything relating to the Rams. all of us having that in common transcends any alligence to any one forum. So with my blessing if anyone wants to use any of my posts to another site or forum please feel free. maybe we can recruit some new Rams fans.

I'm going to create another thread to post my conversation with DeMarco Farr, Andy Donnal (very short) and Mark Barron (shorter still), later on today. sorry I haven't gotten to it yet but I will before the day is over.

I'm gong to try and get to another practice. Depends on family demands and if I can get away.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
You have truly superior observational skills, bubba.

I am beyond impressed.

BTW, I've already posted your excellent TC report elsewhere. Much too good to not share, man. Lol.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Bubba you've got to stop apologizing my Rams brother ! Your report is awesome and I'm sure I speak for all of us on this site when I say it is VERY much appreciated. Thank you for sharing. I get exactly zero Rams coverage up here in Canada. Guys like you that take the time to do this are my best resource for Rams news.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Thanks bubba. Really impressive stuff.

I appreciate any (and I mean any) camp report from posters on here but you seem to have an eye for it and you're doing a great job of getting that across in your posts.

Much appreciated

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Thanks @bubbaramfan . This was far more informative than anything I have read from ramswire and some of these other "writers". Sounds like the team is coming together nicely. It's great to have a fellow Rams fan's first hand perspective of what is going on instead of being fed the mainstream media stuff. Thanks again!!

…..

Legend
Good observation/comments about Eugene Sims and Battle putting him on his ass. I've read some discouraging reports about Sims this training camp. I've always considered him a roster filler, but obviously he has more value than I give him credit for because he has been around a few years. My opinions are based on the fact that he's really no threat to sack anyone and as a DE that is supposed to be his primary function. I hope he doesn't plan on surviving by being a part of the good ol boys network. He needs to get his ass in gear or Seau is going to unseat him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
They started the drill with 2 WR's (like in the slot) and 2 DB;s across the line ( and NOT 5 or 10 yds off like in the cowboy game). Damn I was pleased to see that!
Again bubba, excellent info...so coherent...a bow humbly in your direction....I saw the db's playing much closer in drills on Wednesday too...
Roberson looks like Tru....Tru looks big...I mean...I can't believe how big and powerful these guys look in person...I'm expecting Roberson & Sensabaugh to make a huge improvement in coverage on Saturday...Look for Hill to get in earlier...And Joyner too...thanks again...

I'm a little upset I didn't see Battle, Higbee or the regulars on defense. I saw SPRUCE, on the sideline...He's in a brace, perhaps it's not serious....

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Great reports my friend. No need for apologies. Best reports I've read all camp. Keep up the good work and hope you get to camp more. Not just for the reports, but I know you love it and are having fun. Much deserved for you buddy. (y)