79 days until football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Appreciate these efforts, and really enjoying these posts. However, my vote would be for Coy Bacon.

Bacon was so good and tremendously under rated in my opinion.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Appreciate these efforts, and really enjoying these posts. However, my vote would be for Coy Bacon.

Bacon was so good and tremendously under rated in my opinion.
To be honest I didn’t put a ton of research into this one. I have heard of Coy Bacon but never really went in depth into his career.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I met Big Rob's Dad when we played up in Jacksonville a few years back. It was obvious that he was his Dad. He is the size of a mountain and he had on a 79 jersey with a Wisconsin ball cap. He's so big that I wonder if he could play o-line for us too.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I met Big Rob's Dad when we played up in Jacksonville a few years back. It was obvious that he was his Dad. He is the size of a mountain and he had on a 79 jersey with a Wisconsin ball cap. He's so big that I wonder if he could play o-line for us too.
I love hearing about fan interactions. It makes the players seem more humanoid. I like Rob and I hope he gets back to his 2018 self.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Big Coy Bacon & Notre Dame Alum Mike Fanning were big men on the defensive line, although Fanning lost his hair in college.
1593003891981.png

1593003918843.png

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ryan Pickett & Todd Steussie too....Pickett a number one pick, Steussie provided excellent depth behind Orlando Pace.
1593004097195.png

1593004198639.png

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I love hearing about fan interactions. It makes the players seem more humanoid. I like Rob and I hope he gets back to his 2018 self.

It was after the game. I had tickets that allowed me access to this VIP area on the visitor side of the field. It was a huge air conditioned area with giant screens, bathrooms, food, full bar, tables and couches. All of the Ram players' family members who attended the game were in there at some point either before, during, or after the game. You could even get drinks in there AFTER the game.

My son @Ramrasta and I decided to chill in there for a while after the game. I saw this GIANT man standing there by himself. Like I said, because of what he was wearing I immediately knew it had to be Rob's father. I noticed him 1st because of how giant he was though. I couldn't help myself... I went up to him and said something like "you've gotta be big Rob's Dad". He stuck out his big mit and started talking to us like he'd known us already. He was there supporting his boy. It was awesome.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
To be honest I didn’t put a ton of research into this one. I have heard of Coy Bacon but never really went in depth into his career.

Had a very interesting career. 26 year old rookie with the Rams.

Came along after the original Fearsome Foursome broke up. Played five years with the Rams (same as Havenstein) and was really good. I was a huge Deacon Jones fan but at that point, I thought Coy Bacon was the better player.

One year after the Rams disappointed me by trading Deacon to the Chargers (they had some kid named Jack Youngblood they thought might be good), they traded Bacon to the Chargers.

This was after the disappointing 1972 season when the Rams were under five hundred. New coach I never heard of. They traded my favorite player (Roman Gabriel) to Philadelphia and Bacon to San Diego. Just awful for a child.

Did I mention that I was an idiot?

The coach was Chuck Knox (NFL Coach of the Year), they got All Pro WR Harold Jackson from the Eagles, QB John Hadl from the Chargers (1973 MVP) and went 12-2.

Bacon played another 8 or 9 years, and continued to be really good.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Had a very interesting career. 26 year old rookie with the Rams.

Came along after the original Fearsome Foursome broke up. Played five years with the Rams (same as Havenstein) and was really good. I was a huge Deacon Jones fan but at that point, I thought Coy Bacon was the better player.

One year after the Rams disappointed me by trading Deacon to the Chargers (they had some kid named Jack Youngblood they thought might be good), they traded Bacon to the Chargers.

This was after the disappointing 1972 season when the Rams were under five hundred. New coach I never heard of. They traded my favorite player (Roman Gabriel) to Philadelphia and Bacon to San Diego. Just awful for a child.

Did I mention that I was an idiot?

The coach was Chuck Knox (NFL Coach of the Year), they got All Pro WR Harold Jackson from the Eagles, QB John Hadl from the Chargers (1973 MVP) and went 12-2.

Bacon played another 8 or 9 years, and continued to be really good.

Good God you and I could be twins....I feel like I wrote this...With the exception of being an idiot part, I'm not that humble.