64 days until football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
What a history we have man. This countdown has been a lot of fun for me and being able to learn more about the Rams is always enjoyable. Today we look at Jack “Hacksaw” Reynolds who played from 1970-1980 for the good guys and switched to the ugly colors in 1981. So this might be a ‘bitter sweet’ era for some Rams fans.

View: https://youtu.be/QXp6lacpVps

Hacksaw was a two time pro bowler. He played his college days at University of Tennessee and actually started out as a fullback.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gerald a very good LT for a couple of years
1594214256452.png

Mike LaHood filled in when called upon in 69.
1594214341283.png

And Dave Wohlabaugh
1594214467510.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wohlabaugh!!!

Just posing that Wohlabaugh donned #64....Nothing else, loved Perry, made me feel better considering how bad Gaston Green was, that ended up being a good trade.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Reynolds earned his nickname in 1969 by cutting an abandoned 1953 Chevrolet Bel Air (some accounts claim it was a Porsche) in half with a hacksaw after his previously unbeaten University of Tennessee team returned from an embarrassing 38-0 road loss to Ole Miss.

"I came back to school and I was very upset," Reynolds said. "I had to do something to relieve my frustration."

He decided to turn the abandoned car into a trailer for his newly purchased Jeep. After working through the night on the project, chewing through 13 hacksaw blades, he returned the next day with some teammates to show off his handiwork. However, when they arrived, both halves of the car were gone.

For the remainder of his career, the nickname stuck.