#60 Dennis "Herc" Harrah

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I don't know why, but many Ram fans have fond memories of Tom Newberry
He always had that towel hanging out his backside.....he could RUN....I just remember this guy clearing a path....think I remember him centering a lil too.

mikeyboy

UDFA
That play still haunts Rams fans. Also the play where Cromwell stepped in front of a Bradshaw pass and dropped it. Looked like a sure INT and possibly coulda gone for a pick six.
I remember that play too. Would have been definitely a Pick 6.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Kent Hill had HOF talent....I saw some 1981 games where he let down to inferior talent,and I think that is why not 7-8 pro bowls....but when he pulled, wow, who is better---ever. He benched 500 pounds, too. He was 6'5" with the feet of a LT. I think he had 5 pro bowls....I always said HOFer Randy White had NO chance against Kent Hill. I think when Hill came in 1979 the line started to jell around week 13 or so....then they ran on everybody including the 3-4 Bucs, who were the #1 D in the NFC that year. They ran pretty well, all things considered, against he Steelers, too. Tyler had a -13 yard carry (or so) in the super bowl, so that jilts the stats a bit.

Harrah and Isaac Bruce both maximized their talent and played with great smarts. BOth are HOFers...just when. It took Youngblood 15 years...a broadcaster said 1989 he will be in HOF....even with his rep it took a long time.

Tom Newberry was strong, could root out William Perry,and was a great passblocker. Ya, his career leveled off fast. In 1986-1989 he was a top 3 guard. Newberry did very well as a pulling guard with the Steelers later on.

I will say this, I don't think the Rams used steriods like the Steelers.....(neither did Dallas I think). A back up O lineman from the Detroit Lions, who cam to the Rams in the early 1980s, said the same thing about the Rams not using steriods....especially that Slater was country strong.