#60 Dennis "Herc" Harrah

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
One of my favorites and a great first name as well.

Ram65

Legend
I remember asking my friends on my college football team about Harrah when the Rams drafted him. They were from from Miami and said he was great and the Rams got a good one. Real strong guy living up to the name Hurc. That was a good listen. Glad to see him around the Rams again.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He should be in Canton.

Was one heck of an offensive line in 1979...

LT....Doug France
LG...Kent Hill
C...Rich Saul
RG...Dennis Harrah
RT...Jackie Slater

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

LT....Doug France
LG...Kent Hill
C...Rich Saul
RG...Dennis Harrah
RT...Jackie Slater
One more Super Bowl win, and a few of those guys would be in the HOF

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
One more Super Bowl win, and a few of those guys would be in the HOF

The interception that Ferragamo threw with the Rams on the doorstep of going up 26-21 I still remember the highlights with Assistant Jack Faulkner in booth after the pic saying to Malavasi "Ray, Waddy was wide open in the end zone."

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The interception that Ferragamo threw with the Rams on the doorstep of going up 26-21 I still remember the highlights with Assistant Jack Faulkner in booth after the pic saying to Malavasi "Ray, Waddy was wide open in the end zone."
200.gif

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

That play still haunts Rams fans. Also the play where Cromwell stepped in front of a Bradshaw pass and dropped it. Looked like a sure INT and possibly coulda gone for a pick six.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That play still haunts Rams fans. Also the play where Cromwell stepped in front of a Bradshaw pass and dropped it. Looked like a sure INT and possibly coulda gone for a pick six.
crying-gif-11.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

LT....Doug France
LG...Kent Hill
C...Rich Saul
RG...Dennis Harrah
RT...Jackie Slater
Don't forget, when Harrah first stated he got to Play with the great Joe Scibelli as the other OG too! And these guys all got to practice against some pretty Fair D-Lineman too!! ( Jack Youngblood-Merlin Olsen etc.)(y);):D

DennisHarrah2a.jpg

Harrah6.png

Harrah-SB.jpg

dennis_harrah_1977.jpg

This is My Favorite photo of "Herc" and always a great "Caption this" Op!
dennis_harrah.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
kick-in-the-gut.gif

kick-in-the-gut.gif
kick-in-the-gut.gif

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMG_1319.GIF

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Harrah sticks in my memory...so does Tom Newberry....I thought he was as good as Herc....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a bunch of old bastids we are...lol. It's amazing we every figured out "The Internet.":rockon:

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

LT....Doug France
LG...Kent Hill
C...Rich Saul
RG...Dennis Harrah
RT...Jackie Slater

Dude those old Rams lines were amazing. Almost brings a tear to my eye seeing those names together like that. This team has always had great lines, here's hoping we get back to that with these young guns under Coach Kromer.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Harrah sticks in my memory...so does Tom Newberry....I thought he was as good as Herc....
The Rams have had a lot of great O-Lineman over the years, just not in recent years!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Dude those old Rams lines were amazing. Almost brings a tear to my eye seeing those names together like that. This team has always had great lines, here's hoping we get back to that with these young guns under Coach Kromer.

Los Angeles Rams had three outstanding offensive Line Coaches from 1966-1992.

1. Ray Prochaska
  2. Dan Radakovich
  3. Hudson Houck
Then Vermeil brought in Jim Hanifan and let's hope Aaron Kromer follows this long line of blue bloods.

Some Photos for @DaveFan'51

57adc34b31657.image.jpg

636041125769248453-YDR-SUB-071416-PSU-Dan-Radakovich.jpg

124158873.jpg

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I gave this^ some more thought, and Newberry was good, but he came to the Rams the last year or two that Herc was with the Teams.
Harrah was better, at least ..

Harrah had;
* 6 Pro Bowls
* 1 All Pro
* 1 FR
Newberry had;
* 2 Pro Bowls
* 2 All Pro's
* 1 FR for a TD!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I don't know why, but many Ram fans have fond memories of Tom Newberry and Newberry was good, but Newberry was closer to Tom Nutten then he was Dennis Harrah. In fact, Newberry took over at LG for Kent Hill who was part of the Jim Everett deal with Houston, however, Hill was superior to Newberry as well.

Newberry very good player, but Harrah & Hill were far superior Guards.