5th round pick or Battle?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Knowing everything that you know right now ...

- everything you know about the players in this draft
- everything you know about our team needs
- everything you know about Isaiah Battle

would you rather have Battle or our 5th round pick back?

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I think Battle can develop into a pretty good player.

Only think I would want that fifth for is a possible trade up for a QB. Battle would probably be a better prospect than most 5th round guys.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So hard to tell. Ask this instead. If Battle were in the draft in April, which round does he get selected? If your answer is fifth then it doesn't matter that Snead used the supplemental pick on him. If you think he goes higher then it was an even better pick. If the Rams can get a better pick for him via trade,or he develops quickly into a good swing tackle or good trade bait then it was an even better pick.

I was hoping he would drop weight and could catch, when they drafted him, so he could play TE. He is very athletic, but my wish did not come true.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Definitely Battle.

The jury is still out, but the good chance he's a starter soon for a 5th round pick is a huge win.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think we're gonna have to wait and see how Battle does in camp and preseason. Both him and Williams bear watching. IF I had to weigh in right now I'd have the same take I had after the Rams took him: they got a project OT with LT feet for a round 5 pick, which is a bargain.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Id take Battle, he'd go higher than the 5th round if he were in this draft.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Knowing everything that you know right now ...

- everything you know about the players in this draft
- everything you know about our team needs
- everything you know about Isaiah Battle

would you rather have Battle or our 5th round pick back?
I think it's a fair and interesting question, but I can't answer until after this season. He was a future pick after all. I want to see him mature, body, and mind.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, you didn't like the pick and don't think he develops into anything worthwhile?

Didn't make the team last year until after there were injuries. Wasn't a big fan of the pick and it became more questionable for me when Darrell Williams and Donnal both beat him out for spots.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked the late round gamble on Battle. We truly won't know the result for years to come and especially until after the draft to see who was taken after that pick.