53 Roster after pre-season wk 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
[GALLERY=media, 238]53 Roster After Preseason Wk 1 by dolphinlover123 posted Aug 16, 2017 at 11:05 AM[/GALLERY]

I've never done this before, but I was so curious that I just started scribbling. I'm a casual fan, so I'm not familiar with positions and how many should be at which. Tried to follow the depth chart format.

1) I think we take one of Sam Rogers and Cory Harkey and I went with Sam Rogers. Maybe Sam Rogers goes to PS and we keep Cory Harkey. Idk.
2) I think we take one of Ejuan Price and Samson Ebukam and due to Samson Embukam's injury, I gave Price the nod and stashed Ebukam on PS (which probably won't work)
3) I had a hard time with Tanzel Smart vs. Mike Purcell.
4) Sorry to Paul McRoberts fans. Spruce wins PS spot LOL.
5) No idea about Bryce Hager vs. Josh Forrest so I just went with depth chart. Josh Forrest should've been in Honorable Mention, I'm too lazy to edit now.
6) Not sure what happens to Lance Dunbar
7) I wish I could keep Aarion Penton on the 53. Maybe he takes Troy Hill's spot.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
[GALLERY=media, 238]53 Roster After Preseason Wk 1 by dolphinlover123 posted Aug 16, 2017 at 11:05 AM[/GALLERY]

I've never done this before, but I was so curious that I just started scribbling. I'm a casual fan, so I'm not familiar with positions and how many should be at which. Tried to follow the depth chart format.

1) I think we take one of Sam Rogers and Cory Harkey and I went with Sam Rogers. Maybe Sam Rogers goes to PS and we keep Cory Harkey. Idk.
2) I think we take one of Ejuan Price and Samson Ebukam and due to Samson Embukam's injury, I gave Price the nod and stashed Ebukam on PS (which probably won't work)
3) I had a hard time with Tanzel Smart vs. Mike Purcell.
5) No idea about Bryce Hager vs. Josh Forrest so I just went with depth chart. Josh Forrest should've been in Honorable Mention, I'm too lazy to edit now.
6) Not sure what happens to Lance Dunbar
7) I wish I could keep Aarion Penton on the 53. Maybe he takes Troy Hill's spot.

You did a great pretty solid job overall. I'm glad you had trouble with Tanzel Smart vs Mike Purcell because going by the first preseason game, Smart is definitely in the lead.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Pace Murphy is going to have to up his game to beat Darrell Williams as reserve LT.
Blythe & Eldrencamp may be a real camp battle at Center back-up.
Will Donnal get 'Pupped' to make room for Blythe behind Brown ?
Didn't Pace look a little better with the 2'nd team behind Havenstein than at LT ?

Subject to change following pre-season game 2, i've got us more like this today, with 10 OL and Donnal on the pup list (10'th man replacing Mike Thomas during the suspension) :

LT) Whitworth, D.Williams
LG) Saffold, Wichmann
C) Sullivan, Eldrencamp
RG) Brown, Blythe
RT) Havenstein, Murphy

On Defense : Smart replaces Purcell
Ebukam beats out McKinzy or Price if healthy on day 1 - or potential pup candidate. Ebukam would get picked-up before he makes it to our practice squad imo.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dont think there's any way he doesnt make the team, unless of course he's THAT injured
Has he been showing up to practice? I've never heard a talk about him in practice so I don't even know if he is taking mental reps.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has he been showing up to practice? I've never heard a talk about him in practice so I don't even know if he is taking mental reps.
McVay talked about him recently and still raved about him. Said his being out let other guys have a chance to play (I'm paraphrasing of course)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
(y) Good Job! Some burrs I have with this master roster offensively & defensively that you may want to look deeper into;):
*3 TE's none have proven they can block a gnat. Far more pass catchers in this mock roster .... heavy 7 WR unit with 3 pass catching TE's. I would tend to lean to providing Goff much more proven blockers so he can get the ball in the hands of receivers. Where's the proven blockers in this WR/TE/RB cadre?

A defense without Donald will need a multi DL post player like DL Tanzel Smart in that starting rotation really bad. LB Samson Ebukam can not go to the PS over LB Ejuan Price, SS Marqui Christian & LB Cory Littleton plus CB Troy Hill will be suspended & not on the initial roster. As you & I know its hard to make those really tough decisions:dizzy:.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

Maybe, maybe not. Don't be disappointed. I know I won't if McRoberts doesn't make it but I rather have him on the PS if he doesn't make the final roster.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Tanzel Smart is a rookie and already far superior to Purcell. So that's pretty easy. Smart was flat out dominant last game. Let's see if he's consistent though.

Both Price and Ebukam have spots basically because they were draft by this regime. And Price looked pretty solid himself last week.

McRoberts>Spruce on the PS.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did you see Spruce make that tackle on special teams tho! LOL I just put him there bc I like him. I'll be a little sad to see him go.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Did you see Spruce make that tackle on special teams tho! LOL I just put him there bc I like him. I'll be a little sad to see him go.

I was referring to the tackle where I believe it was hemingway that fumbled and Spruce was in the area and couldn't make the tackle.