53-man roster predictions - GO!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Four your eyes only...Lance Kendrick made a nice catch & is a (FA next season) solid TE.Last year at this time he was coming off an injury.
Granite Jared Cook gets paid(over paid)a lot of $$$money,but he is one of the best passing TE's in Rams history with his first year numbers.
You can go back to your Fearsome Foursome days as well.Wait until they start game planning (calling plays)for Cook.
I think Sam Bradford throws for over 3,000 yards easy.I think Cook will have 700 yards & 5 TD's this season. I think it is childish to leave him off the roster.
3000 yards is 187 yards a game, so I hope he can hit that mark.
Cook is athletic but just doesn't play TE as he should in my opinion. Not a good blocker (although he did improve last year) and can have stone hands. To me Kendricks is a better TE and its not that close, but, whatever. Given his bloated salary Cook isent going anywhere. Now, come next year if his performance is the same and cutting him saves enough money under the cap (I have no idea) to assist in resigning Kendricks and Barksdale that is a no brainer to me.
All things being equal I hope Cook proves me wrong and looks like the game changer like he was supposed to be. I have been wrong plenty of times before.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cook is athletic but just doesn't play TE as he should in my opinion. Not a good blocker (although he did improve last year) and can have stone hands. To me Kendricks is a better TE and its not that close, but, whatever. Given his bloated salary Cook isent going anywhere. Now, come next year if his performance is the same and cutting him saves enough money under the cap (I have no idea) to assist in resigning Kendricks and Barksdale that is a no brainer to me.
All things being equal I hope Cook proves me wrong and looks like the game changer like he was supposed to be. I have been wrong plenty of times before.
FWIW, I saw Cook line up at WR a couple of times yesterday - specifically out on the far left side of the formation, not sure if he was flanker or split end, but that's an interesting wrinkle in his skill set.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What about 700 & 5 for Cook ? Harkey has Cook's back

Corey Harkey has Cook's back.He says Cook is always working in the jugs machine early,& is an underrated blocker.I don't see them eating his contract next year either.Defenses game planned against him last year,after his huge game against Arizona Cards.I think 700 & 5td's is not that bad.

fearsomefour

Legend
700 yards and 5 is not bad but it's not special.
We will see. Like I said I hope he proves me wrong.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Here's what I'm expecting for the final 53.

QB Sam Bradford
QB Shaun Hill

RB Zac Stacy
RB Benny Cunningham
RB Tre Mason
RB Chase Reynolds

WR Kenny Britt
WR Brian Quick
WR Tavon Austin
WR Austin Pettis
WR Chris Givens
SUSP WR Stedman Bailey

TE Jered Cook
TE Lance Kendricks
TE Cory Harkey
TE Alex Bayer

OT Jake Long
OT Joe Barksdale
OT Mike Person

OG Greg Robinson
OG Rodger Saffold
OG Davin Joseph
OG Travis Bond

C Scott Wells
C Tim Barnes
PUP Barrett Jones

DE Chris Long
DE Robert Quinn
DE William Hayes
DE Eugene Sims
DE Ethan Westbrooks
DE Michael Sam

DT Kendall Langford
DT Michael Brockers
DT Aaron Donald
DT Alex Carrington

OLB Alec Ogletree
OLB Jo-Lonn Dunbar
OLB Ray Ray Armstrong
OLB Phillip Steward

MLB James Laurinaitis
MLB Darren Bates

CB Janoris Jenkins
CB Trumaine Johnson
CB Lamarcus Joyner
CB E.J. Gaines
CB Brandon McGee
CB Greg Reid

SS T.J. McDonald
SS Maurice Alexander

FS Rodney McLeod
FS Cody Davis

K Greg Zuerlein
P Johnny Hekker
LS Jake McQuiade

Things can obviously change in the next two games.

Once Stedman Bailey returns from suspension, we could see Givens, Reynolds, Sam, McGee, or Reid be shown the door.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Here is my latest guess.

OFFENSE = 24
QB (2)- Sam Bradford, Shaun Hill (I expect Davis will be let go, but if Bradford goes down, then he'll be resigned. Gilbert goes to the PS)
RB (4)- Zac Stacy, Benny Cunningham, Tre Mason, Chase Reynolds (Trey Watts to the top of the Practice Squad since he's not core ST)
WR (5)- Brian Quick, Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin, Chris Givens, Justin Veltung -- Stedman Bailey (Veltung stays inactive and gets released when Bailey returns.)
OT (3)- Jake Long, Joe Barksdale, Mike Person
OG (4)- Rodger Saffold, Greg Robinson, Davin Joseph, Travis Bond
OC (2)- Scott Wells, Tim Barnes
TE (4)- Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks, Cory Harkey, Alex Bayer, Justice Cunningham

DEFENSE = 26
MLB (2)- James Laurinaitis, Daren Bates,
OLB (4)- Alec Ogletree, Jo-Lonn Dunbar, Ray-Ray Armstrong, Phillip Steward
FS (2)- Rodney McLeod, Cody Davis,
SS (2)- TJ McDonald, Mo Alexander
CB (6)- Janoris Jenkins, LaMarcus Joyner, EJ Gaines, Brandon McGee, Greg Reid, Darren Woodard
DE (5)- Robert Quinn, Chris Long, William Hayes,Eugene Sims, Michael Sam
DT (5)- Michael Brockers, Kendall Langford, Aaron Donald, Ethan Westbrooks, Alex Carrington

SPECIAL TEAMS = 3
K - Greg Zuerlein
P - Johnny Hekker
LS - Jake McQuaide

Austin Pettis saw...nothing. Unless I missed an injury, that's a problem for him because just about everyone else staked a claim including the TEs that the team should go 5 TEs and 5 WRs which works for a team as committed to the run as the Rams.

I think Fisher's statement about "going heavy" on some units I think speaks directly to going 10 on the DL and that means both Westbrooks and Sam.

I think we're getting closer to meeting our 2014 St. Louis Rams...

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
You listed 5 TEs but only counted 4 towards the 53 man roster.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I should have removed Justice Cunningham, I'd edit it, but I don't see an edit function on the mobile side. I'll correct it later today.

Edit: huh, I see it so only for new posts maybe? Anyway, correction incoming later.