52 Days Forecast

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Still lots of time for changes.

Nonetheless, there appears to be some clarification as to the top 5 non-QB players in this draft and the overall quality of the QBs.

Clowney, Robinson, Watkins, Mack, Matthews are the consensus top 5, all who have been mentioned as possibilities for the Rams, with the 2 OTs and Watkins drawing the most attraction.

One issue that seems to be cropping up now is that the QBs are not getting much love. This could have a big impact on Snead getting a trade down. If Houston takes Clowney, there may not be a very strong market for a team to move up for a QB. Sure, a team may move up for one of the remaining 4 players, but that really doesn't help the Rams all that much if the player being sought in a trade up is the same one the Rams covet.

My guess is that I'm not alone in not wanting to miss out on one of these top 5 guys. Peter King had said that he thinks Snead wants a 2015 first round pick and would like to trade down to 15. No offense to King or Snead, if true, but that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I don't even like the idea of trading down below 6, and if Clowney goes #1, the possibility of trading with Atlanta will be slim.

So just what should we expect to happen if Clowney goes first? There are four possibilities. One, we stick and pick at #2. Two, we trade down and stay in the top 6. Three, Snead rolls the dice and trades down a bit further within the top 10. Four, Snead goes bonkers and trades down into the teens to get his pot of gold draft picks.

Clearly, I like option 2 best. Just wonder what everyone likes and thinks Snead will do.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Nonetheless, there appears to be some clarification as to the top 5 non-QB players in this draft and the overall quality of the QBs.

Clowney, Robinson, Watkins, Mack, Matthews are the consensus top 5, all who have been mentioned as possibilities for the Rams, with the 2 OTs and Watkins drawing the most attraction.

One issue that seems to be cropping up now is that the QBs are not getting much love. This could have a big impact on Snead getting a trade down. If Houston takes Clowney, there may not be a very strong market for a team to move up for a QB. Sure, a team may move up for one of the remaining 4 players, but that really doesn't help the Rams all that much if the player being sought in a trade up is the same one the Rams covet.

My guess is that I'm not alone in not wanting to miss out on one of these top 5 guys. Peter King had said that he thinks Snead wants a 2015 first round pick and would like to trade down to 15. No offense to King or Snead, if true, but that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I don't even like the idea of trading down below 6, and if Clowney goes #1, the possibility of trading with Atlanta will be slim.

So just what should we expect to happen if Clowney goes first? There are four possibilities. One, we stick and pick at #2. Two, we trade down and stay in the top 6. Three, Snead rolls the dice and trades down a bit further within the top 10. Four, Snead goes bonkers and trades down into the teens to get his pot of gold draft picks.

Clearly, I like option 2 best. Just wonder what everyone likes and thinks Snead will do.

Deepest draft in years and he wants to take a major chunk of his allotted 2014 playtime out of this draft into next draft 2015 where it could be the weakest drafts in many yrs ?:confused: Yes sounds real smart? Hell that #1 2015 could turn out to be a very late first rounder too.

nighttrain

Legend
A lot of sco

Many Scouts think Ledand (name check) will be there at 15 and rank him as top 3 tackle in draft, I'd do this in a NY second.Extra draft choices this and next year sweet.
train

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A lot of sco

Many Scouts think Ledand (name check) will be there at 15 and rank him as top 3 tackle in draft, I'd do this in a NY second.Extra draft choices this and next year sweet.
train

I think you mean Taylor Lewan. And he is not expected to last until 15. Most see him going in the top 10-12.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm with you. I wouldn't trade past 6 or maybe 7 if I thought a QB would be going. This is prime high pick territory this draft.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Could always trade back to 10 or so and take a CB and then take a safety with the other 1st rounder. Fix our secondary fast and have extra picks for this deep draft.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Could always trade back to 10 or so and take a CB and then take a safety with the other 1st rounder. Fix our secondary fast and have extra picks for this deep draft.

Here's the problem with that approach.

This is supposed to be a great draft with 4 or 5 elite talents. If a one or two of them turn out to be HOF players, and we trade down and miss them, that is flat out bad.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've never heard Snead say anything about wanting to trade back for a 2015 1st rounder. Maybe he has and I just missed it.

I would say we are going to stay in position to grab one of the supposed elite players in this draft and MAYBE do something with our 13th pick. Otherwise we hold pat. Just my feeling on it.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I've never heard Snead say anything about wanting to trade back for a 2015 1st rounder. Maybe he has and I just missed it.

I would say we are going to stay in position to grab one of the supposed elite players in this draft and MAYBE do something with our 13th pick. Otherwise we hold pat. Just my feeling on it.

Snead said that he's spoiled and would like 2 first rounders again next year. He didn't say anything about how far down he would trade. That all came from Peter King right after he interviewed Snead.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Snead said that he's spoiled and would like 2 first rounders again next year. He didn't say anything about how far down he would trade. That all came from Peter King right after he interviewed Snead.
You're right. I remember that now. Still, I think they stay in position to take either one of the two top Tackles or Watkins.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
You're right. I remember that now. Still, I think they stay in position to take either one of the two top Tackles or Watkins.

I hope you're right. I think that's the smart move.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

that was probably when they thought 3 qbs would go in the top 5. they are now probably coming to the realisation that they need to pick at #2.

Alan

Legend
I think we can trade down and I hope we do. Not lower than 6 though.