51 Points through 2 weeks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just wanted to point out that our offense has scored 51 points through the first 2 weeks of the season despite a fluky fumble and pick six(off of D-Rich's chest) that happened in enemy territory.

Offense is showing up(despite a weak first half against Atlanta). Now we just need the D and some good luck.(as well as some discipline...especially on STs)

Also...Schotty...please run the no huddle more often?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Our defense is the problem so far, who would have thought that?

And the offense has been given some horrible starting field position by our "special" teams too.

Keep in mind, we didn't do well against good passing teams last year, (green bay and cheaters) so we should be better against teams without some great WRs later in the season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jrry32 said:
I just wanted to point out that our offense has scored 51 points through the first 2 weeks of the season despite a fluky fumble and pick six(off of D-Rich's chest) that happened in enemy territory.

Offense is showing up(despite a weak first half against Atlanta). Now we just need the D and some good luck.(as well as some discipline...especially on STs)

51 in two weeks is good enough to win consistently in this league.

In some ways it feels like we are scoring points in spite of ourselves. Both games we were horrible in the first half only to crank out points in the 2nd. That's on coaching.

bskrilla

Starter
CGI_Ram said:
jrry32 said:

51 in two weeks is good enough to win consistently in this league.

In some ways it feels like we are scoring points in spite of ourselves. Both games we were horrible in the first half only to crank out points in the 2nd. That's on coaching.

It also shows we have the talent, it just needs to be properly utilized. If they can put it all together the offense could become scary good.

Graphicker

Starter
Funny how that works huh? For years we were crying about an offense and now that we have one. We are left to ponder where has our defense has gone.. It's all a twisted joke.. Someone has Inceptioned me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jrry32 said:

Sam does great in up-tempo. Always has.

I thought we heard the Rams were going to incorporate more of that? I guess they have, but only when we've gotten down.

I'd like to see the Rams SET THE TEMPO by mixing in no-huddle early.

Graphicker

Starter
Yeah get our Chip Kelly on :lmao:

But an uptempo is such a double edged sword.. Fisher always comments on it and his response is always the same.. They worry about not giving the defense enough rest in case there's a 3 and out.. Funny thing is that we had a ton of a 3 and outs today in the first Half.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Graphicker said:

But an uptempo is such a double edged sword.. Fisher always comments on it and his response is always the same.. They worry about not giving the defense enough rest in case there's a 3 and out.. Funny thing is that we had a ton of a 3 and outs today in the first Half.

I think that's why I say; mix it in.

I'm not suggesting we go full time... but dictate the flow of the game a little.

Graphicker

Starter
CGI_Ram said:
Graphicker said:

I think that's why I say; mix it in.

I'm not suggesting we go full time... but dictate the flow of the game a little.

Yeah I want that too. My laughter was pointed at the fact that we were racking up the 3 and outs when we were running our Normal Offense.. But it caught fire once we went Chip Kelly.

G-RAM

UDFA
Name
Greg
who wouldve thought this would be the case to start the 2013 season

Offense is the strength, defense is having issues

A55VA6

Legend
In first 2 games of the season:

Rams: 51 points
Jaguars: 5 points

Thank god we aren't Jags fans right now.. lol makes me feel better.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A55VA6 said:

:lmao:

Oh the Jags... they look like they'll get the first overall draft pick.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Also it took 3 weeks for Bradford to reach 660 yards, which he has 651 yards now... It also took him till week 5 to get 5 TD's (he ended the week with 6), which he has 5 now. There's improvement with Sam, not only with avoiding sacks.

G-RAM

UDFA
Name
Greg
Im not making a silly attempt to prop Bradford up as all world, and the Oline is doing very good in the passing game..but Bradford is a huge reason why sacks are disappearing. Bradford is recognizing what the defenses are trying to do at the line-pre snap...he is making the calls at the line. Has a grasp on where he is going with the ball than going through his progressions rather quickly...and feeling the pressure and actually moving around in the pocket creating more time.

The portion in bold are the areas he was poor at in previous years...I had a strong feeling he was going to make the leap after week 17 in Seattle last year.

Bradfords stock is rising..

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The biggest issue as to what is hindering the "no huddle" up tempo stuff is FIELD POSITION. When you start virtually EVERY drive inside your own 10 yard line, (as was the case in the first half) it would be a recipe for disaster.

Its bad enough to go 3 & out in a regular paced offense. Throw in the downside of going "no huddle" with that sort of field position and good luck expecting your defense to stand up at all.

Bottom line, regardless of pace, or "gimmicks", unless and until they get rid of the special team penalties, and start running the football, this sort of thing is going to continue.

Regardless of falling behind early, they abandoned the running game completely. THIS TEAM, will not and CANNOT win throwing the ball 55 times in a game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I echo CoachO's sentiments. You have to be smart about up-tempo or no-huddle offenses. What if your defense was on the field for a 16 play, 81 yard drive, and you go out and run the no-huddle for a 3 and out. Plus, field position (like Coach said) really does dictate when you can start to use that. And of course, you do want to trap a defense in a bad personnel grouping when you start to use that stuff. Not just willy-nilly.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
CGI_Ram airing his view on our O:
Both games we were horrible in the first half only to crank out points in the 2nd. That's on coaching.

Not saying you're wrong CGI but I'm very hesitant to give a lot of credit to any O that does well when the other team has a big lead. We all know the O doesn't face the same D.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
You won't know if you don't try using it early on! Rather see it when the D is fresh and can handle going in after a 3 and out! Might just get ahead and let the rush start up on their qb sooner!

nighttrain

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
A55VA6 said:

:lmao:

Oh the Jags... they look like they'll get the first overall draft pick.
Skins 0-2 and RGIII only getting points in garbage time, i like
train