5 TD-less quarters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
So, the D has gone 5 quarters in a row now without giving up a TD.
SF is one of the better rushing teams in the league and toward the bottom of the league in passing. Kaperdoodle has been sacked 25 times (compared to Foles 11 or 12 times). That many sacks equates to just a ton of pressure.
SF will not doubt want to pound the ball and run. I think a 5 man D line would interesting at times this week. I think Hayes (assuming Long is still out) will have a big game getting after the QB along with the DTs.
SF's D is not terrible, but, their pass rush is not great anymore. They are solid over all. The Rams should really have the advantage along both lines in terms of play. I expect a very physical game. If the Rams stay disciplined and don't give up any silly plays I think the Rams win and the TD-less streak gets extended by the Rams D.
I am going out to 7 quarters with the Rams shutting SF in the first half completely.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I don't think the 49ers run game is as good as it was. I think the one person San Francisco thought was expendable but wasn't was Frank Gore. Hyde, Bush, Davis, and that rugby player don't replace Gore. Gore may not break off the huge runs he used to but he's good for 4 yards each carry. As a Rams fan, I'm glad they didn't resign Gore.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This should be a Fun game for us! The Rams have 23 sacks so far this season, That total could jump to "30" by the end of this game!!:yess:
Stats Note:
The Rams Have 13 Players with sacks, so far, this season Half of them have more than one! And who Leads the Bunch!? Hint ... He's a DT! Yes Aaron Donald has 4.5 Sacks this year, so Far!
OK! Quinn has 4.0, But when was the last time an interior D-Lineman Lead his Team in sacks!?
Just some Fun Facts!!:D

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
This should be a Fun game for us! The Rams have 23 sacks so far this season, That total could jump to "30" by the end of this game!!:yess:
Stats Note:
The Rams Have 13 Players with sacks, so far, this season Half of them have more than one! And who Leads the Bunch!? Hint ... He's a DT! Yes Aaron Donald has 4.5 Sacks this year, so Far!
OK! Quinn has 4.0, But when was the last time an interior D-Lineman Lead his Team in sacks!?
Just some Fun Facts!!:D
Dave, I think I replied to a post prior to the start of the season about who would lead our team in sacks (if I didn't reply, I meant to and you know how that goes for us old timers!). Anyways, my thought was that not one particular player would dominate in the sack department like Quinn did two years ago, instead sacks would be spread out amongst the front 7 as the scheme allows for multiple players to reach the QB. Oh, and throw in there a couple of safeties and corners getting sacks too!

My thoughts are coming true. I must be a physicist or something. But to your main point, AD is the man. So much fun to watch him work.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I don't think the 49ers run game is as good as it was. I think the one person San Francisco thought was expendable but wasn't was Frank Gore. Hyde, Bush, Davis, and that rugby player don't replace Gore. Gore may not break off the huge runs he used to but he's good for 4 yards each carry. As a Rams fan, I'm glad they didn't resign Gore.
You can say that again. Gore is completely underrated, though a lot of players were in York's fantasy land.

Gore was good not because he'd bust a big one, but because he'd just wear you guys out, he'd fight, he'd crawl and do anything for extra yards. Putting him down was like a whole defensive series in itself. He was grinder who made it that much harder to focus on everything else because you had to stop him from trucking people and blowing through them. Then when he tuckered you out they could throw over your head or he could plow ahead for a big gain.

There's just no replacing somebody who while he doesn't always rip big ones, never really loses yards either.

Stel

Starter
So, the D has gone 5 quarters in a row now without giving up a TD.
SF is one of the better rushing teams in the league and toward the bottom of the league in passing. Kaperdoodle has been sacked 25 times (compared to Foles 11 or 12 times).

San Francisco is middle of the pack as a running team, both in yards per attempt and yards per game. Their longest run is 22 yards and, taking out the runs by Kaepernick, they only average 3.7 yards per attempt. They also lead the league in fumbles. Keep Kaepernick in the pocket and I think we can contain their running game and make him pass from the pocket. Pressure, pressure, pressure.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
San Francisco is middle of the pack as a running team, both in yards per attempt and yards per game. Their longest run is 22 yards and, taking out the runs by Kaepernick, they only average 3.7 yards per attempt. They also lead the league in fumbles. Keep Kaepernick in the pocket and I think we can contain their running game and make him pass from the pocket. Pressure, pressure, pressure.
Agreed, except you can't take out the runs by Kaperdoodle.
I expect him to looking to run this week. Collapsing the pocket is key and the DE need to pay some attention to contain in their pass rush this week.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I think Hayes (assuming Long is still out) will have a big game getting after the QB along with the DTs.
Hayes had a big game last year at SF. The whole D did really, 7 sacks, 1 FR, 10 pts allowed even with Davis giving the ball away.

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree 100%. Gore is a true power back. Similar to Jackson in his prime although Gore may be a little faster in his prime. He has just been a Ram killer over the years. They miss him for sure. Don't let Kap make some BS play and tackle well and this is a win.

fearsomefour

Legend
Hayes had a big game last year at SF. The whole D did really, 7 sacks, 1 FR, 10 pts allowed even with Davis giving the ball away.
Yeah, that game was insane.
A fun but frustrating game. In the end got the W and thats all that matters. Sent those horrible Whiner fans home angry.