49ers set sights on signing Pierre Garcon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Just saw this myself. Absolutely disappointing, but glad we did not enter those sweepstakes. They'll regret that one. Too much money for a B option wideout. I hope 9ers continue to overpay for free agents.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Lol at everyone overreacting. You don't even know the details of the deal. Could be heavily front loaded. Kevin Demoff does the same kinda shit, to manage the cap.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Lol at everyone overreacting. You don't even know the details of the deal. Could be heavily front loaded. Kevin Demoff does the same kinda crap, to manage the cap.

I think we're all just simply astounded at his first year number. No doubt this will be frontloaded, but my guess it's a 4 yr $40 mill contract, or roughly that amount. Anything over 8 mill/year is overpaying, which they'll need to do since they are rebuilding.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I think we're all just simply astounded at his first year number. No doubt this will be frontloaded, but my guess it's a 4 yr $40 mill contract, or roughly that amount. Anything over 8 mill/year is overpaying, which they'll need to do since they are rebuilding.

I agree. I see it being worth about 9-10 million annually. But if we paid him 9 I would be ok with it. He's the type of player that lasts a long time despite age. Like Anquan Boldin. So I'd be ok with that cap number.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas

Kys.gif~c200

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Garcon can't finalize his deal with the 49ers until 4 p.m. Thursday but when the contract is signed, league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen they believe he will make $16 million in first year.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Starting to worry about our options.
We might as well target Robert Woods now and get it over with.... I honestly think right now the good vet wr don't see Goff as someone they want to play with

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
We might as well target Robert Woods now and get it over with.... I honestly think right now the good vet wr don't see Goff as someone they want to play with

Simply not true man... don't let the media darlings create a false perception that NFL vets look down on Goff.

At the end of the day, $$$$ talks.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Simply not true man... don't let the media darlings create a false perception that NFL vets look down on Goff.

At the end of the day, $$$$ talks.
Yea but receivers also want to go where they know they going to put up they stats

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea but receivers also want to go where they know they going to put up they stats
Yet Garçon is going to sign with a team that had no QB. Vets are going to look dollars first followed by fit and super bowl chances.