49ers set sights on signing Pierre Garcon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Not great news. They got money and looks like this free agent group it going to get over price.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Who will throw him the ball?

The 49ers don't have a single QB under contract

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Hope it wont be all about the money. I am hoping he will sign make a good amount on the Rams plus the endorsements LA has to offer it is a win win.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's still possible, but honestly I'm glad that he and Jackson are being linked to other teams. It's time for fresh blood for all parties involved.with that being said though we only have Austin on the roster. The rest are going to be 2nd yr players. We need another young vet and a draftee

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hope it wont be all about the money. I am hoping he will sign make a good amount on the Rams plus the endorsements LA has to offer it is a win win.
Only way I see him there is if Cousins or Romo are there

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Also disappointed to hear this, but not surprised in the least bit. I'm sure at some point we'll be leaked as a team engaged with him as well; it's free agency after all.

My max would be an average of 8 mill per year. If they offer him any more, they can have him. He's a no brainer from a scheme perspective and he would be he perfect mentor, but I wouldn't feel comfortable committing a huge chunk of our cap for a player a little long in the tooth. Guaranteed money is also a crucial part in the contract so we'll see.

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
It should be a red flag in Garcon's head that why would he want to be on a team whos HC pulled off the greatest choke on turf?...

No thanks, only way this gets erased if Kyle pulls off a SB Win this year, until then he will be the choke artist of the century.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It should be a red flag in Garcon's head that why would he want to be on a team whos HC pulled off the greatest choke on turf?...

No thanks, only way this gets erased if Kyle pulls off a SB Win this year, until then he will be the choke artist of the century.
Because he had his best year with shanahan.. He caught 113 balls for over 1300 yds

Psycho_X

Legend
The next couple days are peak agent bullshit time. They'll be telling every Tom, DICK, and Harry that their client is being chased by everyone. Hell, if I was the whiners GM and I knew, like everyone else in the free world, that my rival was more than likely targeting a guy I'd make a call and act like I wanted him just to drive the market up as much as I could.

Edit: not that I don't believe Shanahan wouldn't be targeting Garcon but still no reason to worry about it. Money talks... Garcon certainly isn't going to the Whiners for a super bowl ring.

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Because he had his best year with shanahan.. He caught 113 balls for over 1300 yds

Had was almost 4 years ago. Do you think Garcon and Shanahan are still in cahoots til this very day? Garcon doesn't necessarily need Shanahan to have a good game just a great QB who can get him the ball on a regular.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor