49ers RB Marcus Lattimore: “I’m ready”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Marcus Lattimore: “I’m ready”
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 20, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwq5ywy2mtvizjhjody1odyzm2ixyte1mjrhmdnlodfj.jpeg

A year after the 49ers took him in the fourth round of the NFL draft, running back Marcus Lattimore says he’s healthy enough in recovery from the gruesome knee injury that ended his college career that he could take the field today.

Lattimore said his next steps aren’t about rehabbing his knee, they’re just about convincing 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh that he deserves significant playing time.

“If he wants to put me in, he’ll put me in,” Lattimore told GoGamecocks.com. “If I prove it in practice, I don’t think there’s no excuse why I can’t play. I’m ready.”

The knee injury Lattimore suffered in 2012 was so serious that sitting out his rookie season, as he did last year, was far from his biggest concern. When he first got hurt, Lattimore feared he’d never play football again.

“After my injury, I just wanted to walk again,” Lattimore said. “It was tough, very tough. We’re a playoff team, so we play 20-plus games. Being on that sideline, we got so close to the Super Bowl title the last three years. But I’m blessed to be in this situation. Never would have thought in a million years I’d be in this situation.”

Lattimore has heard the reports that backup running back LaMichael James is not in the 49ers’ long-term plans, which means Lattimore would move up to third on the depth chart behind Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter.

“If that happens, it does put me in that No. 3 spot,” Lattimore said. “But I’ve just got to go in there and work hard. I can pass-protect and run the ball. I’ve got to show that.”

If he can run now the way he ran at South Carolina, Lattimore will show a lot in San Francisco this year.

jap

Legend
I admit I wanted Lattimore for a while. However, I really like Benny and his jets. :sneaky:

A55VA6

Legend
I wanted the Rams to take the chance and draft him. Sucks he's a Niner, but I'm cheering for the guy. Good player, been through a lot.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
By the 9ers 2014 bye .......9ers fans will be saying Gore who?

Marcus will be bigger stronger and better than we could have ever imagined in this up coming season! The 9ers will need him badly.

tbux

Rookie
im a tad scared of him! hard worker- driven- and could be scary for us if he gets back to 100%

jjab360

Legend
By the 9ers 2014 bye .......9ers fans will be saying Gore who?

Marcus will be bigger stronger and better than we could have ever imagined in this up coming season! The 9ers will need him badly.
Yeah, I doubt it. He's overrated, imo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I doubt it. He's overrated, imo.

If he's healthy, he's not. Total package as a HB except for breakaway speed. Power, wiggle, vision, patience, burst, receiving ability, blocking ability, leg drive, endurance...he's one heck of a HB. Just cannot seem to shake the injury bug. Great person too.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
not even my hate for the 9ers can stop me from rooting for this kid (except against us :sneaky:)

hopefully he can stay healthy, he deserves it