49ers owner declares “fresh start” for Colin Kaepernick but he may want out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I predict pain.

Kiss the crease of my arm. I have no tattoos, yet I require you to kiss my crease. :sneaky:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, he didn't run the read option with Vick or with Foles. Not even close.
Kelly offense in the NFL was nothing like his College offense outside of the up tempo. Time and time again he has spoken how he doesn't believe in designing QB runs. Bradford is his prototype, get rid of ball quick.
Kaep doesn't seem to fit with the offense her has run in the NFL. Kape was most dangerous in read option

Kelly did run the read option during his time in Philly.

But he doesn't scare me in SF. His DC hire was terrible. Browns fans, of all people, were laughing about it. They've been tearing O'Neil apart this season for how bad he is. And then Chip hires him.

His offensive scheme became predictable this year. Defenses figured it out. We'll see how he adapts. Because he did next to nothing this year to adapt.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll see how true those words were now that he actually has a read option quarterback. Remember when Fisher said Bradford was our guy?
Good point.
And it may be a fit. He may go back to his roots. All I'm saying is that it's not a direct line like people make it to
Either way, I'm sure we both agree that whatever route Kelly take, I hope it has disasterous reaults

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/02/report-kaepernick-wants-out-of-san-francisco/

Report: Kaepernick wants out of San Francisco
Posted by Mike Florio on February 2, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptqymmy4ndiyymq2ytgwzdbkyzyxmjm5ymu0yzgzmtm5-e1448231458218.jpeg
AP

The 49ers have been deliberately coy about whether they want to keep quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Kaepernick apparently is less willing to conceal his wishes.

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, Kaepernick wants out of San Francisco. His preferred destination is the Jets.

It’s unclear whether the Jets want Kaepernick. They’d need to tread lightly in order to avoid a tampering allegation.

The 49ers presumably would prefer to trade Kaepernick, which explains why they may be creating the impression they are willing to keep him. As of April 1, his $11.9 million base salary becomes fully guaranteed; if the 49ers don’t want to pay that amount, they need to trade him or cut him by then.

The Jets have Geno Smith under contract, and 2015 starter Ryan Fitzpatrick is due to become a free agent in March.

It’s unclear whether Kaepernick can become the guy that he was in San Francisco. On Monday night, former 49ers teammate Vernon Davis offered a curious assessment of the struggles Kaepernick has experienced since starting his career with a bang.

“Maybe Kap is going through something or maybe it just wasn’t his time,” Davis told reporters at the NFL’s Opening Night festivities. “Everyone has situations, gaps and blocks, in their lives and they have to learn to overcome those things, obstacles. That’s all they are. He just has to learn to overcome and find a place in his mind and his heart and just get back on track. I strongly believe that he will do that.”

It’s looking more likely that won’t happen in San Francisco. While the 49ers hold his contractual rights, it’s difficult to make things work with a starting quarterback who doesn’t want to be there. The starting quarterback needs to be all in, in every way. If the starting quarterback doesn’t want to be there, the team should find one who does.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I do think the 49ers will still look hard at QBs in this draft. Chip did too much trying to find the perfect QB for his system to sit tight with a guy who lost his job last year. And the management there isn't pleased as far as I can tell with Kaepernick. Doesn't guarantee they'll draft one - but if a guy they really like falls to them, they could easily figure to give him a year on the bench while giving Colin a last chance.
As long as it's not with their first pick, I'll be happy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/02/report-kaepernick-wants-out-of-san-francisco/

Report: Kaepernick wants out of San Francisco
Posted by Mike Florio on February 2, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptqymmy4ndiyymq2ytgwzdbkyzyxmjm5ymu0yzgzmtm5-e1448231458218.jpeg
AP

The 49ers have been deliberately coy about whether they want to keep quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Kaepernick apparently is less willing to conceal his wishes.

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, Kaepernick wants out of San Francisco. His preferred destination is the Jets.

It’s unclear whether the Jets want Kaepernick. They’d need to tread lightly in order to avoid a tampering allegation.

The 49ers presumably would prefer to trade Kaepernick, which explains why they may be creating the impression they are willing to keep him. As of April 1, his $11.9 million base salary becomes fully guaranteed; if the 49ers don’t want to pay that amount, they need to trade him or cut him by then.

The Jets have Geno Smith under contract, and 2015 starter Ryan Fitzpatrick is due to become a free agent in March.

It’s unclear whether Kaepernick can become the guy that he was in San Francisco. On Monday night, former 49ers teammate Vernon Davis offered a curious assessment of the struggles Kaepernick has experienced since starting his career with a bang.

“Maybe Kap is going through something or maybe it just wasn’t his time,” Davis told reporters at the NFL’s Opening Night festivities. “Everyone has situations, gaps and blocks, in their lives and they have to learn to overcome those things, obstacles. That’s all they are. He just has to learn to overcome and find a place in his mind and his heart and just get back on track. I strongly believe that he will do that.”

It’s looking more likely that won’t happen in San Francisco. While the 49ers hold his contractual rights, it’s difficult to make things work with a starting quarterback who doesn’t want to be there. The starting quarterback needs to be all in, in every way. If the starting quarterback doesn’t want to be there, the team should find one who does.

Well if true then you certainly will tend to think that the 9ers will go QB with their top ten pick. Not good for the LA Rams who need a young gun but draft 15 ticks down. If Kap does go to the Jets then my most desired veteran QB may come a real possibility.

General manager Mike Maccagnan and head coach Todd Bowles have expressed their desire to re-sign impending free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick, but nothing is guaranteed. (The Jets and Fitzpatrick’s camp are expected to discuss an extension in the coming weeks.)

I was thinking that the 9ers (if they kept Kap) would certainly take the top WR in this draft.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2079899/laquon-treadwell

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
View: https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/695035820600741888
Bottom line with Kaepernick - jets have not and are not interested. Colin has wanted out for quite some time and this impending divorce...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6530/colin-kaepernick
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Jets "have not and are not interested" in Colin Kaepernick.The NY Daily News reported Tuesday that Kaepernick wants to play for the Jets. Although La Canfora reports the feeling isn't mutual, he does note new 49ers coach Chip Kelly "has done nothing to build a relationship" with Kaepernick, and a trade "remains very likely." Per La Canfora, Kap "has wanted out" "for quite some time," and a divorce is "impending." Kaepernick is 28 years old and has accounted for 67 career touchdowns. Even with his lofty contract, we suspect the 49ers could net a second-day draft pick if they get serious about shopping him. Feb 3 - 8:16 PM

There goes my off season plan to secure Fitz:cry:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I can't believe none of you can spell his last name correctly. Come on guys,,, it's...

SackorPick

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/05/jim-harbaugh-colin-kaepernick-will-flourish/

Jim Harbaugh: Colin Kaepernick will flourish
Posted by Josh Alper on February 5, 2016

457524276-e1454695415947.jpg
Getty Images

Around this time three years ago, Colin Kaepernick was getting ready to start at quarterback for the 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII.

Kaepernick would throw for 302 yards in a loss to the Ravens in that game and then helped the 49ers to the NFC championship game the next season. Kaepernick signed a contract extension before the 2014 season, but the results haven’t been as good for him or the team over the last two seasons.

That’s led to questions about the quarterback’s future with the 49ers and his suitability as a long-term starter, but the man who installed Kaepernick as a starter midway through his second season with the Niners is still a believer.

“He’ll flourish,” Jim Harbaugh said, via CSNBayArea.com. “He’s a great talent and one of the ultimate competitors, so he’ll flourish.”

While Kaepernick’s play slipped before Harbaugh and the 49ers parted ways, he still looked much better with Harbaugh than he did without him last year. A reunion isn’t possible with Harbaugh back in the college ranks at Michigan, which means someone else will need to have the same belief in Kaepernick’s future for his career to get back on track.