49ers offensive coordinator search imploding

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Easily lost in our own OC problems and the Super Bowl, 49ers can't find an OC. They were just turned down by the Eagles assistant.

I can't see how the 9ers don't take a step back next year, which is great for us.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Report: Eagles assistant doesn’t want 49ers coordinator job
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 28, 2015, 1:15 PM EST
8705ea560f168b41f94b43569994ffc7.jpeg
Getty Images
The 49ers chose tranquility and control over Jim Harbaugh and his coaching staff.

And now, it looks like they’re having a hard time finding people willing to join new coach Jim Tomsula’s staff.

Via Geoff Mosher of CSNPhilly.com, Tomsula and Eagles receivers coach Bob Bicknell talked about the vacant 49ers offensive coordinator job, but Bicknell wants to stay with the Eagles.

The 49ers were also denied a chance to talk to Colts assistant Rob Chudzinski, and .they could be scrambling to fill a staff.

Moving quarterbacks coach Geep Chryst into that job might be the most sensible option they have with other reported additions to the staff.

But very little about the 49ers can be described as sensible the last several months, so that may not matter.

cracengl

Rookie
Did Geep Chryst just come out of the womb and punch his parents in the face or something? Did he kill a puppy? That's one hell of name!

ram007

Starter
9ers have a reputation to build now. How can they kick Harbaugh to the curb after what he did for them?

jjab360

Legend
Considering our search went something like:

Shanahan - hired by Falcons
Roman - hired by Bills
Chud - denied interview then re-signed with Colts
Van Pelt - denied interview
Hackett - seemingly last option outside of in-house promotion

I'd say our OC search has effectively imploded as well, unfortunately

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Geep Chryst? On another note, can you imagine that buffoon Tomsula trying to interview someone?? A bunch of grunts and pointing.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
9ers have a reputation to build now. How can they kick Harbaugh to the curb after what he did for them?
We did the same thing to Martz we can only hope the find the most competent man and fire his ass works as well for the as it did for us.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sorry I find it hard time believing that anybody wants to stay in Philadelphia and if you've been there, you would know why.

Glad the 49ers are struggling and I am not concerned with the Ram search because of the current situation. No worries fact is somebody will coordinate the Ram offense in 2015 and most likely they will improve on being the 28th raked offense in the NFL. Even Jerry Rhome would be an improvement.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Considering our search went something like:

Shanahan - hired by Falcons
Roman - hired by Bills
Chud - denied interview then re-signed with Colts
Van Pelt - denied interview
Hackett - seemingly last option outside of in-house promotion

I'd say our OC search has effectively imploded as well, unfortunately
Ehh maybe so, but the Niners organization knew far in advance their coaching staff was getting blown up. Rams on the other hand....