49ers likely to cut Colin Kaepernick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Can they afford to cut him with his contract?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Can they afford to cut him with his contract?

Yeah, they can. SF is quite a bit under the CAP and it looks like the Post June Dead Money CAP hit for Kaepernik is around $14.750mil. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Waiting for this to come around to how concussions are to blame. Or any other convenient excuse to include mental health issues.

Here's hoping he hops a flight to the middle east, lots of like minds out there for him to commiserate with about how terrible the US is.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If they release him, maybe his old teammate can hook him up with a job.
image.jpg
!!

TexasRam

Legend
I'd like to see Kaepernick be the change he wants. He's a smart guy but talks like a gangbanger. Grow up bro. Clean your image up and make a difference where you see people oppressed. You made a statement but without action it's just an empty complaint.

You have 61 million dollars to use to make a change. Answer the call you are hearing and make a true difference.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'd like to see Kaepernick be the change he wants. He's a smart guy but talks like a gangbanger. Grow up bro. Clean your image up and make a difference where you see people oppressed. You made a statement but without action it's just an empty complaint.

You have 61 million dollars to use to make a change. Answer the call you are hearing and make a true difference.

Great Post! It's a great country we live in and Kaepernick is in position to be part of the solution and not the problem.....Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Detroit, Arizona, Pittsburgh could use him as a backup.

This National Anthem stunt has turned him into a social cancer overnight. Even San Francisco fans are hating on him and want him gone. What team wants the bad PR of signing him if he is released?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I agree with most of this post, but how do you know he is a smart guy? Or smart enough to take on what you suggest? He went to the Nevada, not exactly ivy league. He never came across as smart in his interviews that I remember. This latest move was not smart for his career. I really don't think he is all that intelligent. I would not choose him to be the face, nor brains of any movement I am behind.

lockdnram21

Legend

How does he talk like a gang banger?

Psycho_X

Legend
This National Anthem stunt has turned him into a social cancer overnight. Even San Francisco fans are hating on him and want him gone. What team wants the bad PR of signing him if he is released?

Well we know Jeff Fisher won't sign him at least so there's a plus.

https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-2/14180778_1774734529481255_1420639557_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MTAyNCwidmVuY29kZV90YWciOiJ2M182NDBfY3JmXzIzX21haW5fMy4wX3NkIn0=&rl=1500&vabr=734&oh=a3a0e8ff2c3694a51d92254866cfe3ff&oe=57C472F4

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
How does he talk like a gang banger?
Dude grew up in Turlock. Hardly the inner city. My wife went to his high school her Freshman year. This is in the Central Valley of California. I doubt is has changed much over the years.

He also played in Reno. Ironically, my nephew Austin plays for UNR this year. His mom reports there are great kids and coaches there. Austin is having a great experience. Very diverse group of kids.

But, with millenials it is not uncommon for even white kids to act like wanna-be gang bangers and rap thugs. Some of our sons went through a phase.

Kaep does this. He talks in that fake gravelly voice that seems to say, "I'm too cool and don't have time for you." He has been a horrible communicator-even when things were going well. He broods and is moody toward teammates and media.

His choices have set himself up for this reaction. "You reap what you sow" is the best way to put it. (For some reason it has become hip and edgy to adopt the notion of "karma". It was taken by Buddists from the biblical principal of reap/sow but added some twisted notions of reincarnation into advanced or lesser life forms.)

It is not my place to judge this, but just know that if you use "karma" you either think Colin was a lower life form in a previous life....oh, we will just use...a Praying Mantis, for example! Or maybe with his bold new civil rights stances, he will come back in his next life as a rich African King with many wives, (n) or husbands, or whatever gender he chooses. Pretty goofy.

As for me, I see clearly that you don't initiate a social protest by:
  • Sneaking away
  • Getting caught
  • Using the resulting questioning to deflect from your beef to "a larger cause".
  • Doubling down when pressed, turning your teams desperate need to coalesce just before the season starts into a Manzeil-like circus. As a matter of fact, this act takes Colin from about a 5.0 to a 9.9 on the Manzeil Meter. Nearly a full douche.
Not buying it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

In a league where scum like Greg Hardy, Ray Lewis, and Mike Vick can get on 2nd teams, Colin Kaeperwhatever seems like a choir boy.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Don't even think about polluting this thread with non-football comments!

giphy.gif

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-jettison-kaepernick-for-football-reasons/

Report: 49ers likely to jettison Kaepernick, for football reasons
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 28, 2016

ap_162401917755671.jpg
AP

Colin Kaepernick has suddenly become the most controversial player in the NFL because of his refusal to stand for the national anthem. But there may be another issue that could cost him his job in San Francisco: He’s not a very good quarterback.

Jay Glazer said on FOX that the 49ers are deeply concerned with Kaepernick’s decline as a player, which started last season when he struggled before getting benched, then got even worse this offseason when he lost significant muscle mass when he couldn’t work out following multiple surgeries.

“Regardless of politics or not, he has a very, very big uphill battle to make this team,” Glazer said. “I’d be shocked if he’s on the 49ers by the time this season ends. It has nothing to do with political views whatsoever. He lost a ton of weight this offseason, had three surgeries, couldn’t work out, lost that double threat, that size-speed ratio. No political views, he just hasn’t been effective. He’s regressing as a player. I’d be shocked if he’s on this roster by the end of this year. He may not be on it in the next two weeks.”

Kaepernick’s contract guarantees him an $11.9 million salary this season, and ordinarily a player with an $11.9 million guaranteed salary isn’t going to get cut. But if the 49ers really think Kaepernick has regressed to the point where they’d be better off with Blaine Gabbert starting and Christian Ponder and Jeff Driskel backing Gabbert up, then they can save a little money by cutting Kaepernick and hoping he signs with another team, as they would be able to reduce that $11.9 million by the amount of Kaepernick’s salary with a new team.

So there are football reasons that the 49ers might want to get rid of Kaepernick. At this point, they probably wish they had done so before this weekend’s non-football controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.