49ers LB Chase Thomas suffers torn ACL working out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamseyF

Rookie
Name
Ramsey
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/19/49ers-lb-chase-thomas-suffers-torn-acl-working-out/

49ers LB Chase Thomas suffers torn ACL working out

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 19, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
chasethomas-e1426809145772.jpeg
AP
The 49ers have suffered another loss at linebacker.

Chase Thomas, an outside linebacker who played five games for the 49ers last season, hassuffered a torn ACL while working out, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

An offseason ACL injury usually affects a player into the following season, so it seems unlikely that Thomas will play at the start of the regular season.

The 49ers have already suffered two much bigger losses at linebacker with the retirements of Patrick Willis and Chris Borland.

Permalink 4 Comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumo

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Funny how team's just happen to implode when the Super Bowl is in your hometown... :huh:

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I gotta say this reminds me of the Rams of old. Massive injuries, terrible luck, and everything is just going wrong for them. Eek.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wow. Seems like Harbaugh hired the voodoo woman that cursed the Rams, to curse the Niners. It worked well the first time.

I wonder if Borland was talking to Patrick Willlis and influenced his retirement.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
W
Wow. Seems like Harbaugh hired the voodoo woman that cursed the Rams, to curse the Niners. It worked well the first time.

I wonder if Borland was talking to Patrick Willlis and influenced his retirement.
I wonder if this will influence J. Smith to retire this year also. You know he'll feel guilty fleeing a burning and sinking ship.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
While nobody enjoys a 49ers implosion more than I do, Chase Thomas wasn't exactly a major contributor on that team anyways. IIRC, he was a special teamer who rarely saw the field.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
While nobody enjoys a 49ers implosion more than I do, Chase Thomas wasn't exactly a major contributor on that team anyways. IIRC, he was a special teamer who rarely saw the field.
He played a few games; and with the departure of Borland and Willis, he was looking at increased playing time.
Not really applauding an injury in as much as I'm relishing their complete wreck of an offseason so far. lawlz.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'm too superstitious to celebrate this. Plus it sucks hard to go down with injury for any serious amount of time so I feel for the guy. We've been bit by this snake before.

Candlestick curse??