49ers Head Coach Jim Harbaugh – Conference Call – October 29, 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
49ers Head Coach Jim Harbaugh – Conference Call – October 29, 2014

(On if the bye week came at a good time and how that has affected the team)
“I don’t know. In terms of being a good time or not, I don’t know if I really know that. Guys are excited for football. Those who really like football are excited to be back practicing. I’m excited.”

(On how different it is playing a team again within a few weeks)
“I don’t know if it makes it any different. You’re playing them a second time.”

(On if it is tougher to fool the other team or put something different in the game-plan considering their two games have been so close together)
“Yeah, the Rams always do a tremendous job of that.”

(On veteran WRs Stevie Johnson and Brandon Lloyd, how they have contributed and helped 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick)
“All of our receivers are doing a tremendous job right now. In terms of the way they compete, the way they play, their talent, their execution, their effort, has been outstanding.”

(On if having players returning from injury is encouraging)
“Yes, always strive to have all hands on deck.”

(On if 49ers LB Aldon Smith will be reinstated this week)
“I don’t know that.”

(On what developments he’s seen from Kaepernick and what improvements he can make going forward)
“He’s done a good job, really a great job this year, last year, year before that. I love the way he competes. Love his talent, love the effort that he brings every single day. He’s executing at a very high level, it’s at the highest level on all regards from my vantage point.”

(On if Rams injuries impact their preparation or if they will make adjustments based on injuries)
“No we don’t. They’re a salty opponent, they always have been. Strive to play good football because that’s what it’s going to take. It’s going to take us being at our best and that’s really where our expectations are for today: to have a great practice and have great meetings.”

(On if anything from the last 49ers-Rams matchup sticks out in his mind)
“Not one thing in particular, no.”

(On how the team responded to the Denver loss)
“Tough game, yeah. Fortunately, we’re a tough team. You refit, you regroup, you retool. That’s been our approach.”

(On where his team’s resiliency comes from)
“Team effort and we’re not where we want to be right now. Definitely have high expectations for today’s practice and today’s meetings. Understand that we can write our history. Our fate is in our hands, so that’s the approach that our leadership takes and players, coaches, team effort.”

(On if the culture of mental toughness was hard to develop when he first arrived)
“I don’t know. Talking about back in 2011? I don’t know. It’s 2014 now.”

49ers QB Colin Kaepernick – Conference Call – October 29, 2014

(On the timing of the bye week and how it affects the team)
“I think it was a good time for us to get some people healthy.”

(On what he took away from the loss to the Denver Broncos)
“You take what you can from the film and move on.”

(On if it’s nice to see the return of some injured players)
“Yeah, very nice.”

(On if there is any player in particular that he is excited to get back from injury)
“All the players that have been hurt have been big contributors for us. No one in particular, want to get them all back.”

(On if playing the Rams so soon after the first meeting makes it a tougher match up considering their familiarity with each other)
“It’s always tougher playing division opponents, you know each other well. We have to come out and execute, which is the biggest thing.”

(On how the Rams injuries affect their game plan)
“They have players that still perform well. I don’t think it matters necessarily, that they’re young or haven’t been playing. A lot of people have come in and played well for them. So, we have to be ready for them.”

(On if it’s a tougher challenge to prepare for new faces in the Rams’ secondary and if he’ll be ready)
“Yeah, we have to make sure we’re on top of it.”

(On if the addition of 49ers WRs Stevie Johnson and Brandon Lloyd and what they mean to their offense)
“They’ve been a huge part of our offense. Both big playmakers, done a lot of things well.”

(On what’s his biggest improvement from last season to this season)
“Experience. You see things over and over, you get more comfortable with them and are able to dissect them.”

(On what he’s working on now to became a better quarterback)
“Everything. Everything’s a constant grind to get better.”

(On if he had a positive experience facing Broncos QB Peyton Manning)
“I was worried about what we were doing on offense.”

(On if he got a chance to look back at Manning’s game and his style of play)
“That’s offseason work. When we have time to really sit down and watch the film.”

(On if the rumors about the future of 49ers Coach Harbaugh affect the team)
“No.”

(On if the 49ers need to keep playing their game with the upcoming schedule)
“Yeah, we have too.”

(On the challenges the Rams present)
“They have a great front seven. They do a lot of things well, play hard and play fast.”