49ers adding Stevie Johnson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
why didn't we do this?

Exactly, why the hell didn't we do this!? We desperately need a WR that has had some success in this league to teach our young guys how to play the game...

Gosh darn 9'ers!

Manningham, Llyod, Johnson....the Whiners desperate search for a WR not named Boldin continues. They certainly cant develop them based on their recent draft history at the position.
When your 30th in the league in passing I guess you will look where you can.
Is there much of a difference between Johnson and Britt?....except not giving up a pick.

At least he isn't AJ Jenkins.

WvuIN02

Starter
He's a very good receiver.

The stats argument is flawed because the arrival of Morrone and EJ Manuel had a huge part in his stats declining. He's not 35 hes 27 and had back-to-back-to-back 1000 yard seasons. For a 4th? The guy was in the top 20 of receiving stats before EJ was the starting QB.

Great pickup for SF, with it had been the Rams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Manningham, Llyod, Johnson....the Whiners desperate search for a WR not named Boldin continues. They certainly cant develop them based on their recent draft history at the position.
When your 30th in the league in passing I guess you will look where you can.
Is there much of a difference between Johnson and Britt?....except not giving up a pick.

Yes. Johnson didn't play well in 2013 because he was admittedly not in the shape he should have been in(led to a hamstring injury that hobbled him the entire season) and transitioning into a new offense.

But if he's in shape and motivated, the guy is a good WR(on a similar level as Boldin...albeit with a very different game).

Britt hasn't looked good since his injury and even before it, he didn't show Johnson's consistency(although he had more potential).

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
As recently as the 2012 seasonJohnson was considered a top 15-20 receiver. He's only 27.

This is a great move. For a conditional fourth? The 49ers get steals every day.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
As long as krappydick is the QB doesnt really matter who the have at WR. They will remain near the bottom of the league in passing.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
This does not surprise me at all. My friend who is a Bills fan called this. He said with Sammy Watkins, Johnson will be gone or traded.

moklerman

Warner-phile
This is another solid move by the 49ers. Damn them. A healthy Crabtree, Boldin, Vernon and Stevie will be a formidable WR corps.