49er NT Glen Dorsey out for season...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PolarBear

Rookie
With torn biceps.
-Adam Shefter

Last year, Glenn Dorseyhelped the 49ers tremendously by replacing Ian Williamsafter Williams was lost for the year with a broken ankle. This year, someone will have to replace Dorsey.

PFT has confirmed that Dorsey is expected miss the season with a torn biceps muscle. The news was first reported by Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Dorsey could be back to 100 percent within four months, if the tear is clean. If the muscle is frayed, Dorsey would miss five to six months. That distinction creates a window of opportunity for the 49ers to placed Dorsey on injured reserve with the designation to return.

A decision about Dorsey’s status is expected to be made after surgery on Monday.

Dorsey suffered the injury during practice on Friday, the worst kind of 29th birthday present he could have imagined. Before practice, coach Jim Harbaugh praised Dorsey’s growth in the team’s system.

“It’s been A-plus, plus,” Harbaugh told reporters on Friday. “What a great thing having him last year. Fit in so seamlessly with that group of talented defensive lineman. Was a great contributor, a starter for us. Known friend and trusted agent. Just thank him for being good, thank him for being who he is and how he goes about his job. He’s a team guy all the way.”

Dorsey, a top-five pick of the Chiefs in 2008, appeared in 16 regular-season games with 13 starts last year. He also appeared in all three postseason games, starting two of them.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
That sucks for them. This makes it so much easier for us to run on them though. Without Dorsey and Bowman, their run defense is considerably worse. Still solid, but not nearly as good. Great news for the Rams, feel bad for Dorsey.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
Slowly but surely we are getting closer to 2nd place! Hate to see all these injuries but since they are happening we have to reexamine where the Rams will end up in our own div!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hate seeing injuries. I pray our Rams make it out of preseason without a loss like this.

The dynamics for a 49'er collapse could be shaping up. If they start slow, they could crumble under the pressure... Harbaugh's contract... Kaeperdick's big money deal, etc.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Man, I'm suddenly not afraid of this defense anymore. The secondary is meh, Bowman gone too, and Aldon Smith better get a suspension. If our o line can stay healthy, knock on wood, Sam should be able to pick apart this D.

Ozoneranger

Rookie
Been there. I don't want to sound callous, but remember this?

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2011/11/19/2573223/st-louis-rams-injury-report-rodger-saffold

No one shed a tear for us when this team collapsed in multiple years due to arguably the worst run of injuries in NFL history- 9 DBs, 8 OLs, plus multiple playmakers out for multiple games. At one point, they were plugging street scrubs into the line a week after signing them.

I never cheer injuries- having had reconstructive knee surgery- but it happens. Sucks to be them.

Alan

Legend
What a strange and horrible journey its been for Dorsey. He's gone from a once in a decade can't miss DT who we almost drafted (even if just in posters minds) to someone who became a merely decent replacement for an injured starter. I'm glad we made the decision to draft Chris.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Second major injury in two years. Remember Hazlet wanted him over Chris Long.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Second major injury in two years. Remember Hazlet wanted him over Chris Long.

I wanted Dorsey, too. But hey, I also wanted D. Jack and Jeffery. I may not be able to claim the Jeffery pick much longer, though. Quick is waking up.

Alan

Legend
The only big mistake I've made on players I wanted us to draft was wanting Jason Smith. Of course when you make that big of a mistake you really can't crow about your drafting acumen. :(

Poop! I forgot I wanted Carriker too.:sick:

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It's part of why I think the Rams have the possibility of winning as many as 12 or 13 games. Health.

If the Rams remain healthy, they have the personnel and talent to do it.

Also, Seattle was remarkably healthy where it mattered for their offense and defense. They lost big time from their secondary and DL, areas where they are stripped of depth.

SF has had a run of success based on health with aging vets. Now, you have a bunch of RBs injured and guys on the defense going down as well as having lost important guys in the secondary.

The idea that they will NOT feel those losses AND they will be able to sustain that health indefinitely is not mathematically probable. They are already seeing that injuries and FA are diminishing their rosters and that affects wins and losses in this league.

The Rams were already close and that was WITH the Rams being injured and the Seahawks and 9ers being much healthier.

With the roles reversed, I like the Rams to break out.

Not that it won't be difficult because I think our division has the best group of coaches AND front offices in the league which is why we have the toughest division in football.

Btw, I'm not writing off the Cards and Bruce Arians in all this. They are gonna be double tough in this as well.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That sucks for them. This makes it so much easier for us to run on them though. Without Dorsey and Bowman, their run defense is considerably worse. Still solid, but not nearly as good. Great news for the Rams, feel bad for Dorsey.

This 34 DL of the 9ers has some serious question stamped on it now. The Dorsey injury & now on the IR is certainly going to cause some worry. If you recall Dorsey was signed to be a rotational back up for the two DT's Smith & McDonald not a starting NT. Their best NT is a UDFA Ian Williams who just happens to be on the 9ers PUP list coming back from a very serious major surgery. Ian Williams has undergone four ankle surgeries since last Week 2 of last season. The 9ers claim & expect Ian to be a factor in 2014 for them:LOL:. In three NFL seasons Ian has only played in four games and only finished one.

Next healthy NT is Quinton Dial A 5th round pick last year from Alabama, Dial a 6-5 320 pounder missed the first 6 weeks recovering from toe surgery & has never started an NFL game. Dial has only one NFL tackle in 3 games he saw limited action in late last season. Dial's NT back up looks to be UDFA Tony Jerod-Eddie who is entering his 3rd season. The 6-5 300 pounder has play in 16 games for the 9ers in two seasons. The 9ers did draft one DL who might help them out in rookie Kaleb Ramsey who was drafted in the 7th round but in five seasons in college he has been a total medical wreak & is currently on the PUP list.

DT Justin Smith snaps were decreased last season & is wearing down, had a serious bad shoulder over the last half of the 2013 season too. The soon to be 35 yr old :eek:DT all pro had surgery on it to go with the many other damaged parts of his aging body. He is said to be ready for some training camp work. His main back is Demarcus Dobbs has has all kinds of issues over his last 3 seasons playing mostly TE in goal line situation injuries, IR placements, arrested & suspended would be all you would see in his NFL highlight film! The other 9er starting DT Ray McDonald is recovering & rehabbing until this week for undergoing surgery to repair his torn biceps earlier this year.

That's the situation ongoing with the 9ers front DL! do we need to heap fire on this with the ongoing issues with the injury & big issue with PUP listed LB'er Navorro Bowman who is also may miss most of this season and the circus surrounding LB'er Aldon Smith who looks to get at least a 6 game suspension or more!Oh Igot another question can you name me the 9ers starting corners & the nickle-back?

Yep looks like another Superbowl run for the great 9ers team if you read the bona fide BS from NFL sports writers.

Last edited: