40 year old TE Tony Gonzalez

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I now see how this guy has been able to extend his playing career.

He fucking shoves the defender guarding him and creates huge space... Wala... the old bastard is open.

The refs are clearly looking the other way. I saw three blatant examples of this in the game yesterday. A flag was thrown on one of them only because gonzo mauled the defender so bad that assault charges could have been filed too. I saw Laurinaitis asking the ref for a flag after he was shoved, and I know I saw another clear shove on a big 3rd down conversion catch late in the game... NO FLAGS.

For the record,,, I realize that there are veteran type moves that allow a TE or receiver to get away with a push off... but what gonzo does is NOT in that category... he just fucking pushes the defender off with both arms fully extended. Impossible to not view that as a clear penalty,,, Im- fucking - possible.

One of the things that I have always appreciated about the NFL is that I've always felt that the refs (for the most part) try and call the game by the rule book and not pay attention to the name on the back of the jersey. I didn't see that yesterday. Fucking Bunk.

ramfidelis

UDFA
Selassie I said:

He freaking shoves the defender guarding him and creates huge space... Wala... the old bastard is open.

The refs are clearly looking the other way. I saw three blatant examples of this in the game yesterday. A flag was thrown on one of them only because gonzo mauled the defender so bad that assault charges could have been filed too. I saw Laurinaitis asking the ref for a flag after he was shoved, and I know I saw another clear shove on a big 3rd down conversion catch late in the game... NO FLAGS.

For the record,,, I realize that there are veteran type moves that allow a TE or receiver to get away with a push off... but what gonzo does is NOT in that category... he just freaking pushes the defender off with both arms fully extended. Impossible to not view that as a clear penalty,,, Im- freaking - possible.

One of the things that I have always appreciated about the NFL is that I've always felt that the refs (for the most part) try and call the game by the rule book and not pay attention to the name on the back of the jersey. I didn't see that yesterday. freaking Bunk.
Amen to this. Don't understand why the refs give them a pass on plays like this. It's maddening.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Selassie I said:

He freaking shoves the defender guarding him and creates huge space... Wala... the old bastard is open.

For the record,,, I realize that there are veteran type moves that allow a TE or receiver to get away with a push off... but what gonzo does is NOT in that category... he just freaking pushes the defender off with both arms fully extended. Impossible to not view that as a clear penalty,,, Im- freaking - possible.

One of the things that I have always appreciated about the NFL is that I've always felt that the refs (for the most part) try and call the game by the rule book and not pay attention to the name on the back of the jersey. I didn't see that yesterday. freaking Bunk.

The refs see it. This happens right there in front of their faces!

It's the same thing with Justin Smith. The dude should be called for defensive holding ten times a game. The refs just flat out ignore the infractions and let it go. They should be calling his number all day long.

The refs definitely give an advantage to big name players. Especially the QB.

Graphicker

Starter
At the end of the day he had 4 catches for 33 yards. He was a non factor. I was more pissed with the Falcons getting away with Holding.,

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Graphicker said:
At the end of the day he had 4 catches for 33 yards. He was a non factor. I was more pissed with the Falcons getting away with Holding.,

I believe 2 or 3 of his four catches were for 1st downs though,,, at least one of them was a 3rd down conversion.

Agree wholeheartedly about the lack of holding calls. Unbelievable.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's that basketball training in full effect. Box your man out...

bluecoconuts

Legend
Calls were awful. Fisher said that 5 of the 7 weren't penalties. Or 2 of the 7, the tweets were conflicting.

Either way, its an issue. Its hard enough to beat a team in the NFL without having to beat the refs as well.