4.42 Unofficial For Dennard

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
That's true, I just wonder how much of that is because our players suck and how much of it is due to the scheme, and if it's because our players suck it doesn't exactly fill you with confidence in Snisher ability to find CBs anyway.
I think the CBs were 100% due to scheme. They both regressed from their rookie years and both are better suited in press coverage. The Jackrabbit, and Tru to a lesser extent, are not the problems IMO.

I think the CBs were 100% due to scheme. They both regressed from their rookie years and both are better suited in press coverage. The Jackrabbit, and Tru to a lesser extent, are not the problems IMO.

That's my view on it, and a third CB can be found in the third round, or maybe they like McGee or maybe still have faith in Finnegan, but I could easily see it from there other side to.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
That's true, I just wonder how much of that is because our players suck and how much of it is due to the scheme, and if it's because our players suck it doesn't exactly fill you with confidence in Snisher ability to find CBs anyway.
I think it's way more complicated than that. They didn't inherit a lot in the secondary. Scheme was an issue, no doubt. We fired our DC after one year. We signed Finn in free agency and he was great his first year, and I don't think anyone could have predicted his downfall so quickly. We drafted a safety last year, who I think is going to be a good one. McGee is still young, needs some work. I love Tru, Jenks is an enigma, but talented.

All of this, and we had to fill a ton of other holes on this team. There is hardly anyone left in the NFL that was on this team prior to Fisher, and Snead, except the guys they kept. It didn't get fixed yet, but this is the first time that we don't have a ton of holes, and we are the youngest team in the league playing at a decent level. We've found our identity now, and we are going in the right direction.

I'm optimistic.

I think it's way more complicated than that. They didn't inherit a lot in the secondary. Scheme was an issue, no doubt. We fired our DC after one year. We signed Finn in free agency and he was great his first year, and I don't think anyone could have predicted his downfall so quickly. We drafted a safety last year, who I think is going to be a good one. McGee is still young, needs some work. I love Tru, Jenks is an enigma, but talented.

All of this, and we had to fill a ton of other holes on this team. There is hardly anyone left in the NFL that was on this team prior to Fisher, and Snead, except the guys they kept. It didn't get fixed yet, but this is the first time that we don't have a ton of holes, and we are the youngest team in the league playing at a decent level. We've found our identity now, and we are going in the right direction.

I'm optimistic.

I must have read your post wrong then, I thought you were saying we need to draft a CB high because over the last few years the secondary has cost us games, considering we made Finnegan one of the highest paid CBs in the league and spent 2 top 70 picks on CBs if we draft a CB high they've failed to find 2 starters out of those high investments that would be worrying to me.

Now I'd absolutely draft a FS in the first or second round.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I must have read your post wrong then, I thought you were saying we need to draft a CB high because over the last few years the secondary has cost us games, considering we made Finnegan one of the highest paid CBs in the league and spent 2 top 70 picks on CBs if we draft a CB high they've failed to find 2 starters out of those high investments that would be worrying to me.

Now I'd absolutely draft a FS in the first or second round.
You need at least 3 quality corners, and at least two quality safeties, and then you need depth behind that. C. Dahl was costing us games, Mikell was costing us games, they are both gone now, and Finns cost us games last year. I think if you have two guys that are starting by their second year, one as a rookie, you are doing OK. Don't you?

They played better once Finn was benched, and Fish started calling the D. Like I said, it's complicated.

You need at least 3 quality corners, and at least two quality safeties, and then you need depth behind that. C. Dahl was costing us games, Mikell was costing us games, they are both gone now, and Finns cost us games last year. I think if you have two guys that are starting by their second year, one as a rookie, you are doing OK. Don't you?

They played better once Finn was benched, and Fish started calling the D. Like I said, it's complicated.

I do think they've done good, as my original point stated I like both Jenks and Tru.

Also agree on the 3 starters point, but you should be able to find the third in the third round onwards.

Once we draft Clinton-Dix we'll have that second quality safety.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I hope we IFNALLY draft a good cover CB! It's been years since we had our last one.....

65019212.jpg

Last edited:

laramsoriginal

Starter

Its hard to be confident with our starting CB's. Rams need to draft a premier CB in the first round.

New DC loves to bring pressure so adding a guy like Dennard/ Gilbert will help improve the secondary's play

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I hope we draft both a CB and a FS and at least one of them early. Of course I hope we draft an OG and OT too, preferably versatile ones.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't like Gilbert but I love Verrett. Much more scheme versatile than Dennard. My #1 CB.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I don't like Gilbert but I love Verrett. Much more scheme versatile than Dennard. My #1 CB.

Although he is a bit small, he would be the perfect replacement for Finny at some point, whenever that might be.

Gilbert scares me. Physically he is very gifted, but skill wise, he has a ways to go. gave up way to many passes.

I still like Dennard a lot, think he will be very good.