.4-4, 8 left and a "dirty" chip on their shoulder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We have to steal a game from Cincinnati and all will be ok.
Can we? Sure... but it'll take a herculean effort.

Foles isn't likely to regress even more. His play isn't good enough for an NFL starter. Luckily, we can overcome it if all he does is execute just a little better.
Cignetti has been focused on making our strengths work. Fine. Now at the midway, his focus should turn towards elevating the weakness. Even with our line, WRs and Foles at QB, I believe there are a couple of plays that could be installed and practiced to the point that it is executed enough of the time to be effective. HB screens? Quick slants? A sight read or two? I don't know... but there are options...

"Dirty"
"Dirty" is what soft teams call teams that are harder, more physical.
Embrace it. Anyone who wants to carry the ball, expect pain. Expect to be hit by 11 guys with illicit intentions.
Injuries happen. Tough. Pull up your big boy britches or get the hell off the field.

For Fisher, it's time to do what he does best. A mid season adjustment, a rally the troops/come to Jesus speech and to create a narrative that it's "us against the world". Young team, potential franchise move, a reputation for playing cheap... the narrative is already there and Fisher, for all his flaws, is EXACTLY the kind of HC you want for this team in this position.

I'm pissed. If I was a player, I'd be even more pissed. Nows the time to get angry, get hot and go on a roll.

fancents86

Starter
I'm putting cincy as a loss. They are a beast ATM and the rams have not showed me that they can keep up if they start making moves. Our D will do it's job, but a good team makes plays and puts up points when they need to, and cincy is a good team.

I'm also pretty worried about TB at the moment. They are pretty good offensively, if they get up in points like they have we could be in trouble. Don't sleep on this game IMO.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm also pretty worried about TB at the moment. They are pretty good offensively, if they get up in points like they have we could be in trouble. Don't sleep on this game IMO.

Can't sleep on any of them.

As for TB, they haven't seen a defense like ours yet.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
The way this team plays they could beat anyone on the schedule, but they can also lose to anyone on the schedule...we'll do something like lose to the Bears, and then crush CIN....and end the season at 8-8....

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
With our full defense out there (not including Ogletree), I'm not scared of any teams offense. What I worry about is what our offense will do. If we can somehow get to 21 to 24 points, then we will be in good shape. Sadly, we will most likely have to rely on our defense or special teams for 7 of those points.

MountainRam

Rookie
We have to steal a game from Cincinnati and all will be ok.
Can we? Sure... but it'll take a herculean effort.

Foles isn't likely to regress even more. His play isn't good enough for an NFL starter. Luckily, we can overcome it if all he does is execute just a little better.
Cignetti has been focused on making our strengths work. Fine. Now at the midway, his focus should turn towards elevating the weakness. Even with our line, WRs and Foles at QB, I believe there are a couple of plays that could be installed and practiced to the point that it is executed enough of the time to be effective. HB screens? Quick slants? A sight read or two? I don't know... but there are options...

"Dirty"
"Dirty" is what soft teams call teams that are harder, more physical.
Embrace it. Anyone who wants to carry the ball, expect pain. Expect to be hit by 11 guys with illicit intentions.
Injuries happen. Tough. Pull up your big boy britches or get the hell off the field.

For Fisher, it's time to do what he does best. A mid season adjustment, a rally the troops/come to Jesus speech and to create a narrative that it's "us against the world". Young team, potential franchise move, a reputation for playing cheap... the narrative is already there and Fisher, for all his flaws, is EXACTLY the kind of HC you want for this team in this position.

I'm pissed. If I was a player, I'd be even more pissed. Nows the time to get angry, get hot and go on a roll.

Great Post!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I took yesterday's loss real bad. I started looking for some nuggets of happiness in the Ram 2015 future schedule. What I found helped me out a little:coffee:.

If the last wk of the NFL #17 were yesterday the 4 & 4 Rams were just beat out of the opportunity to play in the playoffs. Panthers, Cards, Packers, Giants & Falcons were the top 5 seeds thanks to the Rams (& Foles) they placed the Vikings in as the 6th.

Rams fell back to join Bradford's Eagles & the Seabirds as the three next up teams next behind are the Saints. If our QB issue is resolved this Ram team can sure enough be a 10-6 at the conclusion. I see only two bona fide sure losses to Seabirds & Bengals in their houses. I see two bona fide losses for the Eagles too. The Seabirds have a much more demanding schedule and can easily loose 3 to 4 of them.

Look at Vikings schedule & see if this brings some resemblance of a smile :) to your face:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/min/minnesota-vikings

Well it did mine. They have six to seven fairly hard games coming up! They will be very lucky to be 9-7 when this season is over. The Falcon schedule is not so Ram friendly they have a very easy schedule & even if they are declining at the moment they can be 11-5 too. Bottom line even though the Viking beat us & have their boot on our necks, they have issues standing behind them. The Rams can take this 6th seed from them later!:yess:

That AZ Cards schedule is a back breaker too.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ari/arizona-cardinals
I would also say too that the Western Division is not out of order either. Snead & Fisher have a work history indicating that they can beat these 3 western teams @ anytime. This can not be overlooked here as bad as I am mad @ Fisher today...give him some credit. But all of this is for nothing of course if this offense remains the same.A change here must occur & Fisher just does not do that.:unsure:

Its a real shame because the stars as far as the schedule for the Rams is in our favor & we can not get ourselves together to enjoy it for once this decade. Hard to be a :love: Rams fan....speaking for well over a half century as one.

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
I took yesterday's loss real bad.
I would also say too that the division is not out of order either. But all of this is for nothing of course if this offense remains the same. Its a real shame because the stars as far as the schedule for the Rams is in our favor & we can not get ourselves together to enjoy it for once this decade. Hard to be a :love: Rams fan....speaking for well over a half century as one.[

I would also say too that the division is not out of order either. But all of this is for nothing of course if this offense remains the same. Its a real shame because the stars as far as the schedule for the Rams is in our favor & we can not get ourselves together to enjoy it for once this decade. Hard to be a :love: Rams fan....speaking for well over a half century as one.

Feel exactly as you do Boni, 50 + years a Ram fan and i hated the loss, but i do love Minny's schedule, it's fierce . They will be lucky to win 3 of the games on there remaining schedule, whereas we are going in to what should be the less formidable part of are remaining games, see us with at 9 wins, with a bit of luck 10.

train

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think we can Win 6 of the next 8 easily!! I'm hoping to also steal one from Cinci or Seattle and Finish 11-5! And on Top of the Division!!:boxing::yess:

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't think the "dirty" label will help at all. I think refs will be eagle eyeing the Rams with their hands on their flags. The truth is it was an unfortunate mistake, with unfortunate results, but the media will be driving the vitriol for clicks.

Rams' are out of time this season. They either win every game they should and 1 they probably shouldn't, or there's not much hope.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
The Rams have yet to win outdoors and unfortunately all of the remaining away games are outdoors. So until they can prove they can win on the road outdoors I cant expect them to win.